Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast

Lions OTT 28: Where GuySir sticks his hotdog between 2 puns

I'm all for drafting a Dak Prescott type of player.... lol. Meaning, let's draft a guy and develop him for picks later down the road.
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Tom Brady would have went 2-14 on the Niners last year. Its all about context. When the Niners had a good team, Kap was one non-call away from a title. When the Lions had a good team, they were bounced in round one. Again.
    No, Kap had one good year and turned to crap ever since. He can't complete throws. He can't hold on to a football. He is the worst starter in the NFL, and one of the most overrated players in the NFL. Just because a stout Niners team came within a SB doesn't mean it had much to do with him. The fact is the guy is not good. Bad QB's have been in and won a SB before.

I very big indicator that a guy is garbage is when you have to go back 4 years to find something nice to say.

Tom Brady would have went 2-14 on the Niners last year. Its all about context. When the Niners had a good team, Kap was one non-call away from a title. When the Lions had a good team, they were bounced in round one. Again.
    Oh, and the Lions have never had a defense like the 2013 49ers. The Lions have never had 9 pro bowlers like the team had. The Lions have never had a line like the 2013 niners. Thats not a good comparison.

If Stafford was on that team, he'd have a ring. We can compare that when Stafford has a pro bowl O line and defense.

Quote Originally Posted by kreton View Post
    Why? Tired of the Lions winning so much? Because I don't think we really have that problem.
    I'm confused by your response. Can you expand on that please? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    I'm confused by your response. Can you expand on that please? Thanks.
    Kap would make us lose more than we currently do. I kind of thought when i wrote that, that it wouldn't make sense.

Kap would make us lose more than we currently do. I kind of thought when i wrote that, that it wouldn't make sense.
    Over Stafford? Yes.

Over Orlovsky, Kellen Moore, Jake Rudock? No.

Over Stafford? Yes.

Over Orlovsky, Kellen Moore, Jake Rudock? No.
    I don't believe that. And its not because I think Rudock is going to win us any games. Realistically if any of those 4 are our starting QB we are relying on our defense and running game to win for us. I cant think of a scarier thought.

Kap will not win games for any team any more than Rudock would. Although I liked Moore and think he was a decent backup.

Backup qb's should be young guys you bring up through your system and then trade once they become to costly to resign.

That's insane.
    0 wins is 0 wins.

Look at the surrounding cast. Our defense and running game is not going to win us games without a great QB.

0 wins is 0 wins.

Look at the surrounding cast. Our defense and running game is not going to win us games without a great QB.
    I agree with that. Although I'd blame the offensive scheme for the faults of the running game. But yes...the way this team is built, it would take an elite QB, that stepped up when needed, to win playoff games.

I was reading the posts below... you don't think Kap could compensate for the lack of our ground attack? If he played a full season, he would trend roughly to about 910 rushing yards? There aren't enough facts to suggest that he would make us win or lose more than we currently do, but to suggest that we wouldn't win any more than we would with Rudock... I don't see any facts that support that. This was a QB - a very smart QB albeit - who was on our practice squad and was only called up when the Bears were going to pilfer him. Kap has playoff experience, is a dual-threat QB, but the only reason why I would say pass on him is because of financial reasons. I want to use our cap-space on other needs on the team, not a back-up QB. That's a luxury expense that we can get for a cheaper cost thru the draft or UDFA.

More than Ruddock
    2014 Prediction Game Champion

How much does Kapernick want?
    The going rate of a veteran back-up QB is $4MM per year, high end #2's that can start like Brian Hoyer make upwards of 6-9 Million per year... Kap? Yeah... Kap would probably make AT LEAST $10MM per year as a back-up. No thanks to that.

The going rate of a veteran back-up QB is $4MM per year, high end #2's that can start like Brian Hoyer make upwards of 6-9 Million per year... Kap? Yeah... Kap would probably make AT LEAST $10MM per year as a back-up. No thanks to that.
    $10? Way too much.

I was reading the posts below... you don't think Kap could compensate for the lack of our ground attack? If he played a full season, he would trend roughly to about 910 rushing yards? There aren't enough facts to suggest that he would make us win or lose more than we currently do, but to suggest that we wouldn't win any more than we would with Rudock... I don't see any facts that support that. This was a QB - a very smart QB albeit - who was on our practice squad and was only called up when the Bears were going to pilfer him. Kap has playoff experience, is a dual-threat QB, but the only reason why I would say pass on him is because of financial reasons. I want to use our cap-space on other needs on the team, not a back-up QB. That's a luxury expense that we can get for a cheaper cost thru the draft or UDFA.
    I have no issue with how he can run. It is all about how he throws. He cannot throw.

Tebow made the playoffs too. Tebow can run. Tebow is not in the NFL.

If you cannot throw accurately you shouldn't be an NFL QB.

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast