Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Mark Prior is making his return to MLB as the Dodger's bullpen coach. Cool to see. Its a shame his career was derailed by injury. He could have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Mark Prior is making his return to MLB as the Dodger's bullpen coach. Cool to see. Its a shame his career was derailed by injury. He could have been great.
    Wow that's awesome. I will always have a soft spot for him. 2 major fluke injuries really knocked him off the path of greatness. His stuff was awesome.

The Marlins plan after dumping payroll (and probably dumping more payroll soon) is to increase ticket revenue. Lolololol. Yeah increase ticket revenue by trading away one of the best players in baseball and the reigning NL MVP.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-02-2018 at 10:02 PM.

He went out and landed 300 wins in an OOTP sim of mine recently.

And Kershaw and Lincecum were both on the Padres for 17+ years in the same rotation lol

The Marlins plan after dumping payroll (and probably dumping more payroll soon) is to increase ticket revenue. Lolololol. Yeah increase ticket revenue by trading away one of the best players in baseball and the reigning NL MVP.
    It makes zero sense. I wonder exactly how many season ticket holders they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post

And Kershaw and Lincecum were both on the Padres for 17+ years in the same rotation lol
    I always take him and sometimes he rolls to the HOF and sometimes he burns out after 5-6 years of straight dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    It makes zero sense. I wonder exactly how many season ticket holders they have.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Is OOTP fun? Never tried it before. Just looked it up on YouTube and it seems as if the computer does everything for you.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Is OOTP fun? Never tried it before. Just looked it up on YouTube and it seems as if the computer does everything for you.

It's as immersive or as casual as you want it to be. I've been playing for about 10 years now. I highly recommend it. Takes some learning though.

It's as immersive or as casual as you want it to be. I've been playing for about 10 years now. I highly recommend it. Takes some learning though.
    Seems interesting, and only $10 on Steam right now. Is it worth getting this years version or wait a few months and get the new one? Probably won't have a ton of time to play right now since my daughter is due next week, so might make more sense to just wait. I do get The Show every year on PS4 and love it.

Seems interesting, and only $10 on Steam right now. Is it worth getting this years version or wait a few months and get the new one? Probably won't have a ton of time to play right now since my daughter is due next week, so might make more sense to just wait. I do get The Show every year on PS4 and love it.

Depends how anxious you are for next years rosters.

Either way, getting it now, and learning the game for $10 might be worth it to you.

My recommendation is when you get it, and take 45-60 minutes when you load it up to go through all the settings and set up a game in a way that makes sense to you. Take the time to read it all out.

The biggest temptation is to grab your 2017 favorite team (I believe Yankees?) and then play through. But it's going to be a year old the rosters (so Judge won't be as good - but you can also edit ratings based on real life stats very easily).

It's about as close to being a pretend GM as any game out there. And the trades and free agency are much more realistic.

But I like that you can do it casually or aggressively if you want. (I have three sims, though not really that active) I took the 2017 Cardinals and have played each individual game and am entering the 2019 season. I have it on the hardest settings and tuned everywhere to make it hard. Makes it fun. Along with some self imposed rules.

I also have one with the Padres starting in 2017, where I am rebuilding them long term.

And I have a sim where I started in 1901 with the Cardinals. Managed to draft Ty Cobb, Mel Ott, and Ted Williams over the years. I'm in the early 60's, but all I am doing there is basically just drafting players and watching it.

Also, congrats on the baby man!
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 01-03-2018 at 03:32 AM.

Appreciate all the info Jeff. Definitely sounds like a fun and interesting game for sure.
    And thanks, she will be our first. We're excited!

MLB Offseason Thread

I dunno if anyone else read that write up.

But Sherman has a ton of business experience, so color me surprised that he would have a business plan with so much optimism and a lack of pragmatism in it.

They arenít guaranteed a new tv deal this year, which they need for a single year of profitability, which includes an upfront payment from Fox (optimistic). They also, arenít likely to sell the naming rights, and boost paid attendance this year.

Oh, and they still have to shed payroll another $15M to reach the number they want.

They are heading for some red Years if they donít get to work in a hurry.

Best bet is to slam payroll down to the $40M mark, reload the entire organization, live lean, and build around whatever players they can develop from top picks and international signings, while finding a second suitor willing to engage in a tv deal negotiation to drive up the price. All of these are really tall orders.

They could get payroll down to the $50M mark, and they would likely sit in the black.

I also donít understand why Sherman would shell out so much cash, take so little equity, and give Jeter so much for his much smaller investment, which includes a 5 year return on his full investment. Sherman didnít do this for financial purposes it would seem. He just wanted a ball club it looks like.

The MLB allowed the sale because it was the top bid (good for all franchises), included Jeter, and didnít exceed the debt ceiling...also, added bonus of Loria being gone.

But this wasnít the best thing for MLB as a whole. It might be a decade plus before the Marlins are relevant again.

I wonder how far amortized the $400M is, and when that will be paid off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 01-03-2018 at 05:07 AM.

They ever fix the online play for The Show? I used to buy it every year until one year the online play was a complete unplayable abomination and then they kicked me off their forums for trying to get to the bottom of it.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast