Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    And my kinda point is his career certainly didn't contain much losing last playoffs, so either you don't know what exemplify means or your not familiar with kd's career
    Don't talk about his "career" when you're talking about one year.

Kobe went through years of having teammates like Kwame Brown, and Smush Parker. Shaq and the media would insinuate that Kobe only won 3 rings BECAUSE of Shaq. Kobe BATTLED through years and years of this adversity (even threatening to join the Clippers at one point (he said that was an empty threat years later)), and finally captained a 2-peat championship team. Especially impressive when they beat the mighty Pierce, KG, Allen, Rondo cored Celtics.

KD quite literally did the opposite of what Kobe did. KD was already on a championship contending team with a POTENTIAL future HALL OF FAMER (yea I said it) in Russell Westbrook. Then he left to join the 73-win championship team that kicked his *** a few months before he joined them. To be clear, in my eyes (and many others), KD has NO RINGS.

Quote Originally Posted by belikemike23 View Post
    Kobe went through years of having teammates like Kwame Brown, and Smush Parker. Shaq and the media would insinuate that Kobe only won 3 rings BECAUSE of Shaq. Kobe BATTLED through years and years of this adversity (even threatening to join the Clippers at one point (he said that was an empty threat years later)), and finally captained a 2-peat championship team. Especially impressive when they beat the mighty Pierce, KG, Allen, Rondo cored Celtics.

KD quite literally did the opposite of what Kobe did. KD was already on a championship contending team with a POTENTIAL future HALL OF FAMER (yea I said it) in Russell Westbrook. Then he left to join the 73-win championship team that kicked his *** a few months before he joined them. To be clear, in my eyes (and many others), KD has NO RINGS.
    He was with OKC a few years and contended for a title. They didn't win and he left in FA. You act like he was there a year and left lol. Not every team wins a title every year, and not every professional player wants to play for the same franchise their whole career.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by belikemike23 View Post

I take it you're not one of those who's going to forget about those facts and eventually love kd? I keep hearing about this phenomena happening

Fake news
    Last edited by HandsOnTheWheel; 01-13-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    KD's ring count holds about as much weight if not less as Bill Russell's do.
    Please don't be ridiculous. You can't compare their contributions to their respective squads.

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Please don't be ridiculous. You can't compare their contributions to their respective squads.

Do the Celtics win without Russell?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Do the Celtics win without Russell?
    No but so what? A players contribution is on a spectrum dude.

Durant was FMVP are we being serious right now?

No but so what? A players contribution is on a spectrum dude.

Durant was FMVP are we being serious right now?

Then you kind of can compare.

Fmvp on that team isn't much tbh.

You could argue Russell was far more valuable

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Then you kind of can compare.

Fmvp on that team isn't much tbh.

You could argue Russell was far more valuable
    So we are going to devalue FMVP now? Smh.

What must Durant do to pass Kobe on your All-Time List?

Win 4 more ships without 2 other all stars.

"Killer Instinct"

So we are going to devalue FMVP now? Smh.

Of course. All he did was jump to a 73 win team and easily feast to win it. When you remove the effort of having to do something why would you get the same credit?

He'll never surpass Kobe in my eyes. Literally any accomplishments he has will be tainted and easily countered with he's on a team that won 73 games without him.
    Last edited by LOb0; 01-18-2018 at 03:43 AM.

Just longevity. He's better than Kobe was at this point in his career.

Through 11 seasons and his age 29 season - 27.1 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 3.9 APG, 1.2 SPG, 1.1 BPG - 117 ORtg, 105 DRtg, 25.2 PER, .609 TS%, 125.6 WS
    Playoffs - 28.8 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 3.8 APG, 1.0 SPG, 1.2 BPG - 114 ORtg, 106 DRtg, 24.1 PER, .588 TS%, 17.2 WS (1 ring, but was the main player on a great team)

Kobe - 25.0 PPG, 5.3 RPG, 4.6 APG, 1.5 SPG, 0.6 BPG - 112 ORtg, 105 DRtg, 23.6 PER, .557 TS%, 123.8 WS
    Playoffs - 24.3 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 4.6 APG, 1.4 SPG, .7 BPG, 108 ORtg, 106 DRtg, 21.3 PER, .535 TS%, 17.8 WS (3 rings as Shaq's wingman)

He just needs another 3-4ish seasons like he has performed throughout his career to be ahead of Kobe all time.

He is about a season ahead of Kobe at this point in age, and Kobe had about 4 more good seasons left. But Durant is also clearly better.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Raiders View Post
    Win 4 more ships without 2 other all stars.
    Kobe never won a chip without another all-star
    Shaq 2000
    Shaq 2001
    Shaq 2002
    Gasol 2009
    Gasol 2010

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast