Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Yes, $197m. Iím pretty much on board with the rest.
    I think there is a bit more correction. I am pretty sure the dollar amount that causes MGT to pay 95% tax and lose 10 draft places is $237MM. They do need to stay below the $197MM threshold to reset the tax penalty should they go over again in the future.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...aft-picks.html
    Last edited by spanky006; 12-22-2017 at 06:27 PM.

I would welcome this lefty anytime.
    http://www.12up.com/posts/5926942-re...es?a_aid=36534

Quote Originally Posted by spanky006 View Post
    I think there is a bit more correction. I am pretty sure the dollar amount that causes MGT to pay 95% tax and lose 10 draft places is $237MM. They do need to stay below the $197MM threshold to reset the tax penalty should they go over again in the future.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...aft-picks.html
    Yes. My bad. Good call
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.Ē

- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    I would welcome this lefty anytime.
    http://www.12up.com/posts/5926942-re...es?a_aid=36534
    Yelich has always seemed a bit overrated to me, based on what I've seen of his production. Typically gets less than 20 HR's, less than 20 SB's. Not bad, but for what he would cost, not sure I'd want him. I've read we might have to give up a package starting with Alvarez and Verdugo to acquire Yelich. Could probably get Lorenzo Cain for cheaper, with similar production and stellar defensive play.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    137 or 197?
    $197... I am having laptop issues... LOL.. My bad!

Anyone remotely intrigued by the Henry Owens signing? He used to be pretty much the top pitching prospect for the Red Sox but never amounted to much. Perhaps the Dodgers system and change of scenery will help him, but I feel like we also say that every time we get a pitcher who hasn't really done that well and it more often than not does not pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by gazelle01 View Post
    Anyone remotely intrigued by the Henry Owens signing? He used to be pretty much the top pitching prospect for the Red Sox but never amounted to much. Perhaps the Dodgers system and change of scenery will help him, but I feel like we also say that every time we get a pitcher who hasn't really done that well and it more often than not does not pan out.
    I like the signing... Low risk/high upside.. He has a nasty arm if he get's his fast ball down and corrects his control issues.

Quote Originally Posted by gazelle01 View Post
    Having a fastball in the high 80's and nothing much after that can do that to a career.

Henry Owens was ranked #44 in Baseball America's Top 100 in 2015. 2/3 years removed. He has struck out 9.7 hitters per 9 Innings in his Professional Career.. Not bad at all.. He doesn't give the long ball up much. 0.7 per 9 innings.. But his control is the issue. just under 5 walks per 9 innings.. If we can get that under control, he would be high upside. Didn't cost us much... Only way to find a diamond in the rough and he is a good candidate for that. Never can have enough Left-Handed Relievers. Owens's pitching arsenal features a 88Ė91 miles per hour fastball and a 76Ė79 miles per hour changeup, which he combines with a slow curveball (68Ė73 miles per hour and an occasional slider. And he is only 25 years old... As I said. I like the signing. Low cost/ Low Risk/ High Upside... If not.. Worth the risk.

Ownes's stuff might be alright for his professional career, but might not be good enough for MLB. It's no big deal it was a dumpster dive for league minimum.

We were just involved in a 3 team trade with the White Sox and Royals. We receive Lefty Reliever Scott Alexander from the Royals and Inf Jake Peter from the White Sox. Erick Mejia and Trevor Oaks go to the Royals.... Luis Avilan and Joakim Soria to the White Sox.. Interesting.

Alexander, 28, has accrued just over one year of MLB service, so heís not even slated to reach arbitration eligibility until 2020. While heís hardly a household name, he did turn in 69 innings of 2.48 ERA ball in 2017, his first full season at the gameís highest level.

While he recorded just 7.7 K/9 against 3.7 BB/9 on the year, Alexander generated an eye-popping 73.8% groundball rate. Despite relying almost exclusively on his power sinker ó he utilized a breaking ball less than ten percent of the time ó Alexander generated excellent results against hitters on both sides of the plate. In fact, he spent most of his time dominating righties, who strode to the plate against him 202 times and managed only a .240/.313/.317 batting line.

Nice read!

Alexander is a solid replacement for Watson. He doesn't throw as hard, but his sinker is lights out.

I actually like Jake Peter also... May be a better fit than Kiki..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloddDodger View Post
    I actually like Jake Peter also... May be a better fit than Kiki..
    He's hit lefties well in the minors.

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast