Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    What could we get Jimmy Graham for? Assuming he doesn't re sign with Seattle
    Probably $10 or $11 Million and then he won't make much of an impact. We'd be better off spending the money on an edge rusher, Ziggy Anzah type or a WR.

I think Fumagalli would be a great choice in round 3. He'll help, but won't be a full time player next year, but potentially could be good in years 2 thru 4.

We draft defensive players year after year and the defense never seems to get any better. We have 1 player who's really outstanding and we should do everything possible to help him out. The left side of our O Line is set from Center thru LT. RG is an issue and depending on Bulaga's status, RT could be as well. Plus we alway seem to get injuries on the O-Line, so lets draft a couple in the 1st 5 rounds to protect Rogers and then get him somebody to throw the ball to as well. Either pick 14 or 46 should be spent on a WR and then add 1 or 2 more later in the draft. Our 1st 4 picks should be OLB, WR, TE and O-Line unless we spend in free agency on one of those positions.

Watching the Landry fight against the Bills may mean a suspension, at that should mean we could get him cheaper, plus I want a receiver that's a little nuts. And ya 100 catches a year is nice too. Look at the QB's he's had, imagine what he could do with Rodgers throwing him the ball.

Eh I don't really see us snagging a Jarvis Landry or Dez Bryant (if Dallas moves on from him) type WR in FA. Those are guys that look at a place like Green Bay and see no night life.

More than likely that will have to be upgraded through the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    None of those guy's move the needle on our team. John Brown is very inconsistent, Wallace and Torey Smith are both washed up. Landry is not a perfect fit, but he's a 100 catch/year type guy and since we only have 1 decent receiver on the team, Adams, Landry would be a great signing.
    Landry will likely cost at least as much as Adams. And thatís for a slot receiver who I think may have averaged the worst yards per catch this season for WRs. And if he wasnít the worst, he finished near the bottom. Landry catches a ton of balls but itís a lot of empty catches.

Of the top 100 wr receivers in total receptions, only Cole Beasley averaged less yards per catch than Landry. Someone will pay Landry, but heís a slot guy whoís not super hard to replace. Heís a slightly better version of Cobb.

And guys like John Brown and mike Wallace may not move the needle, but they bring an element to the offense that weíve never had at a fraction of the cost.

If we are spending big money this offseason, make it for a DB. Then sign 2nd or 3rd tier guys at other positions like wr, and make it guys who complement what we already have, not a guy whoís a worse version of Adams in Landry.

TE is a waste on our team for the most part. We don't do anything to make our TE valuable. Yes we need to add a TE, but most likely who ever we get won't make that big of an impact. We should resign Rodgers for cheap like you say and Kendricks is still under contract for next season, so we should take one shot at an upgrade. Either we draft one early or sign 1 FA. They probably won't pan out, so lets not spend the offseason trying to get an impact player that won't make an impact anyway.
    Rodgers loves throwing to tight ends. We just havenít had an above average tight end since Finley.

A dynamic tight end would most certainly be used in our offense. If you tell me Landry and graham are the same price, graham is by far the better choice in my mind. The only hesitation for me would be the injury concern.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Rodgers loves throwing to tight ends. We just havenít had an above average tight end since Finley.

A dynamic tight end would most certainly be used in our offense. If you tell me Landry and graham are the same price, graham is by far the better choice in my mind. The only hesitation for me would be the injury concern.
    How dynamic is Jimmy Graham at this point? This was by far his worst season as a pro.
    It's very possible he bounces back next year but its also just as possible that he begins to decline.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post

Neither one. We need some receivers that can get off the line.

Agenda number 1 for the new GM...part ways with MM!

(I can hope)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    How dynamic is Jimmy Graham at this point? This was by far his worst season as a pro.
    It's very possible he bounces back next year but its also just as possible that he begins to decline.
    Ya, I don't think I am very sold on Graham either. Bringing in another aging slow receiver doesn't seem like a step in the right direction for us.

Couldn't disagree more with the 9 of 12 on defense. Think we'd be better off going the opposite. We spend most of our draft every year on defense, especially the early picks and they still don't produce. It's time to help the unit out that actually contributes to wins and losses. We shouldn't draft an ILB, we're good enough there. Edge rusher is the one defensive position I'd consider using an early pick.

With our 1st 5 picks in rounds 1 thru 4 we should draft a WR, a TE, an O Lineman and an OLB/edge rusher. Would like to add 2 O Lineman and 2 WR's in this draft.

I agree with cutting Clay and Jordy and even Cobb if we can't get a signifcant pay cut. Move Ty back to WR
    I don't see Ty moving back to WR. We need to utilize him more out of the backfield as a pass catcher.

Trevor Davis should get more looks in the slot though. We have vastly underutilized our speed guys.

If they cut or somehow trade Cobb 9.5 mil
    Cut or trade Clay 11.4 mil
    Jordy pay cut 5mil
    That's about 25 mil.
    I really think the new GM could get some decent free agents for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    If they cut or somehow trade Cobb 9.5 mil
    Cut or trade Clay 11.4 mil
    Jordy pay cut 5mil
    That's about 25 mil.
    I really think the new GM could get some decent free agents for that.
    I will just be realistic with you right now. 2 of 3 if not all 3 will still be a Packer next season. Lets just hope we find about 10 million here. I say hope because I am realistically thinking about 5 million.

Ugh, these contracts are just so sad.

With Cobb and Jordy the best we cant hope for is restructure. Their current deals pretty much kill us this season. They are bascially just better off retaining than cutting loose.

Matthews is due too much to cut loose as well. I understand trading but I would guess almost nobody wants these guys at the moment for what they are being paid. They would be crazy to take them on. This is the bad part about paying your own, sometimes they just aren't worth the risk and nobody else wants your risk.

To be fair, thatís not just a retaining your own guy thing. Basically any big free agent deal for more than 1-2 years tends to look bad towards the end, unless itís a qb.

Most guys donít hit free agency for the first time until they are about 26-28 years old. That means, if youíre singing them to a 4-5 year extension, youíre paying them until they are 30-33 or so. Typically those contracts are more backloaded for cap hits, and guys often start declining by that point. So while I tend to agree with your point, that will happen more and more if/when we start diving into free agency more.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast