Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Fun advanced stats trivia for ya, courtesy of a twitter buddy of mine Alex Appleyard (great follow btw):

Line combo A: 55.49% CF, 55.55% SF, 66.67% GF, 59.64% ExGF, 48.34% ZSR
    Line combo B: 53.18% CF, 49.76% SF, 60.87% GF, 48.84% ExGF, 63.49% ZSR

One of these is the 1Couturier line. The other is the top line of another team. Which one is the 1Couturier line and who can name the other line combo?

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Fun advanced stats trivia for ya, courtesy of a twitter buddy of mine Alex Appleyard (great follow btw):

Line combo A: 55.49% CF, 55.55% SF, 66.67% GF, 59.64% ExGF, 48.34% ZSR
    Line combo B: 53.18% CF, 49.76% SF, 60.87% GF, 48.84% ExGF, 63.49% ZSR

One of these is the 1Couturier line. The other is the top line of another team. Which one is the 1Couturier line and who can name the other line combo?
    Is it the Crosby line? or Stamkos line?

On another note, this is a good read (https://www.nhl.com/news/sean-coutur...?tid=277548856). Really shows that Couts has been wanting to be a scorer for a while! Felt just like us! :P

stamkos or tarasenko line for sure. or the jets line of connor-scheifle-wheeler

want to see patrick play again. If he can take over that 2nd line role later in the season and we can have a 2nd line of konecny-patiick-simmonds that would be awesome. Then weal Filppula-lehtera/weise/read/lindblom please come up

Wow the top line is having a game. Despite Weise actually hitting the post, I still can't stand watching him play. Poor Weal has no chance on that line.

Sanheim is playing really welll. Couturier is the best player on the ice, both teams. He is going to have 40 points before game 40 at this rate. Killing it.

I think this is an appropriate time to reference this article from today:

https://www.nhl.com/news/sean-coutur...rs/c-292758040

Good for 1Couts.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Sanheim is playing really welll. Couturier is the best player on the ice, both teams. He is going to have 40 points before game 40 at this rate. Killing it.
    I was thinking the same thing about Sanheim. He had one shift in particular in the 1st when he broke up a Chicago play and joined the rush for a prime scoring chance. When Sanheim skates up ice he not only looks like a forward, he looks like a top 3 forward. That kid looks lethal as an offensive threat.

Also shout-out to Konecny, he generates so many premium scoring chances and just isnt getting the lucky breaks/bounces yet, but he is going to explode with goal production sometime soon.

Poor Konecny couldn't bury one. Great game from him, Sanheim, and Elliott and of course the top line.

Flyers may need to sit Simmer if he's not going to take himself out. It's admirable that he's playing through injuries, but he's clearly hampered by it/them, as I believe it's more than one thing.

Here are his numbers at 5v5:

P/60: 1.23 (worse than Dale Weise)
    CF%: 42.46 (2nd worst on team, including D)
    CF% Rel: -8.85
    xGF%: 46.16
    xGF% Rel: -6.93

Not really getting anything done on the PP lately, either.

Like I said, it's admirable and I know he's a tough son of a gun, but if he's going to be at 70% all year this team won't be as effective as if he were at 100% (or as close to it as you can be late in the season). They need him to provide secondary scoring and they need him to be effective on the PP.

I think this is an appropriate time to reference this article from today:

https://www.nhl.com/news/sean-coutur...rs/c-292758040

Good for 1Couts.
    Literally was talking to my wife about this article yesterday (her second favorite player behind Ghost). Nice of him to not throw any chairs...not saying he would have been blamed for doing so.

As for Simmonds, I was thinking this during the game last night. He doesn't seem as hard on the puck as he normally does. He also doesn't seem to be finishing checks with the same force and going as hard all around...like he is holding back a little bit. It sucks, but maybe giving him a couple weeks off would be a good thing...bring up Lindblom and give him a shot for a little bit (not going to happen, I know )

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    I will say he played better after that goal. He just doesnít look right to me ... sure, good numbers above but still, but Iíve seen him play at a higher level that he hasnít hit yet this year. Know what I mean?
    He's been a beast -- but I agree that there's another level he can hit. Part of it is likely that teams have tape on him and know his tendencies. He'll need to adapt to that. He's also playing more -- with more partners. He's out there for 27+ minutes a game, which means that he needs to learn to play with every other defenseman, not just his partner. That takes some adjusting.

For a 20-year-old, he's flat-out incredible. Let's celebrate the fact that we have one of the best young defensemen in the league on our team. And that he's only going to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Is it the Crosby line? or Stamkos line?

On another note, this is a good read (https://www.nhl.com/news/sean-coutur...?tid=277548856). Really shows that Couts has been wanting to be a scorer for a while! Felt just like us! :P
    Line A is Philly's Top Line
    Line B is TB's Top Line

Not too shabby. And it actually looks relatively sustainable.

Flyers may need to sit Simmer if he's not going to take himself out. It's admirable that he's playing through injuries, but he's clearly hampered by it/them, as I believe it's more than one thing.

Here are his numbers at 5v5:

P/60: 1.23 (worse than Dale Weise)
    CF%: 42.46 (2nd worst on team, including D)
    CF% Rel: -8.85
    xGF%: 46.16
    xGF% Rel: -6.93

Not really getting anything done on the PP lately, either.

Like I said, it's admirable and I know he's a tough son of a gun, but if he's going to be at 70% all year this team won't be as effective as if he were at 100% (or as close to it as you can be late in the season). They need him to provide secondary scoring and they need him to be effective on the PP.
    If Patrick was in or Lindblom was up, I think Simmer would be out. But if Simmer comes out, you're looking at Weise on PP #1. That doesn't sound like a good life choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    If Patrick was in or Lindblom was up, I think Simmer would be out. But if Simmer comes out, you're looking at Weise on PP #1. That doesn't sound like a good life choice.
    id put lehtera or maybe raffl there tbh. Anyone but weise

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast