Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    crazy.. a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, another first round in bowers from 2017, girard, and kamanev, plus a salary dump in hammond. Ottowa has some nice prospects in chabot, white, brown, chaplik, and some other guys so maybe they feel they are fine with players coming soon. They need to utilize karlsson's prime years but we will see if duchene will be that much better than turris. I like the trade for all teams. Preds got better. They dont really need girard and turris provides a need more so than kamanev. Avs added a lot of pieces.
    I'm still in shock about that....I honestly don't know how much of an upgrade Duchene is from Turris.

I'd expect this kind of idiocy from Marc Bergevin -- not from the Senators. That's an insane return. And OTT-- giving up two firsts, a very good center, a third and a salary dump? They deserve all the misery that will inevitably result from this trade.

COL walks away with (essentially) two firsts, three seconds, a third and a salary dump. For Matt Duchene, a glorified second line center. Joe Sakic looks like a genius. Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    I'm still in shock about that....I honestly don't know how much of an upgrade Duchene is from Turris.

I'd expect this kind of idiocy from Marc Bergevin -- not from the Senators. That's an insane return. And OTT-- giving up two firsts, a very good center, a third and a salary dump? They deserve all the misery that will inevitably result from this trade.

COL walks away with (essentially) two firsts, three seconds, a third and a salary dump. For Matt Duchene, a glorified second line center. Joe Sakic looks like a genius. Unreal.
    He got way more than I think anyone thought he could.

Insane.

I literally had to read the article and write down the returns to get the gist of how much they actually got. That's insane...

Turris and Duchene have had roughly the same production since the lockout (strictly based on point totals, have not looked at advanced stats) and Turris is a little better defensively. Nashville gave up two prospects and a second round pick for Turris, while Ottawa gave up a prospect, goalie, a first round pick and a third round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post
    Turris and Duchene have had roughly the same production since the lockout (strictly based on point totals, have not looked at advanced stats) and Turris is a little better defensively. Nashville gave up two prospects and a second round pick for Turris, while Ottawa gave up a prospect, goalie, a first round pick and a third round pick.
    And Turris.

Gudas and Patrick both did not practice yesterday. Expected for Gudas, maybe not for Patrick, though he did have a death in the family over the weekend so it's possible he just wasn't back yet from home.

Could also still be the concussion. At this point he's at 2 weeks since sustaining the head injury so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary if he's still feeling symptoms. I think it just feels longer due to the amount of games they've played without him.

We'll see what happens today. If he doesn't practice at all today I would think he wouldn't play Thursday. If he's in a non-contact jersey today and a full go tomorrow he could go for Thursday.

Unfortunately there just isn't a ton of evidence out there as to an accurate timeline to return for concussions. They all kinda come in their own unique packages to each person.

Gudas back at practice today. No Patrick.

So Gudas may have a chance to return for Thursday; Id say Patrick wont be back for Thursday.

"Nothing about the hit itself was rule breaking."

"Outside for the fact that the puck was gone."

Literally the definition of a late hit.
    Which is why he was given an interference call. It was an illegal hit, and he was penalized.

I think the penalty was fine for the hit. It was pretty bang-bang, it wasn't a huge long gap, he didn't make head contact, he didn't leave his feet. Couturier wasn't in good position for the hit, it was a bit late, but I don't think it was one that required the league to step into, either. It was potentially dangerous, but it also wasn't anything that I thought was so egregious that the league needed to step into.

I don't think there's a place in the game for blindside hits, especially when the player doesn't have the puck. From what I remember there had been at least a full second gone from the time the puck was gone until Schenn hit him.

At that point, play over. You shouldn't be looking to hit someone at that point, not in open ice and not when the player can't see you.

It wasn't to the head, he didn't leave his feet; I don't care. I don't believe blindside hits should occur in hockey just like I think they shouldn't occur in football. Hitting unsuspecting players when they can't see you is an easy way to injure a player.

I'm not going to argue over whether he should have been suspended; if it were me I'd have given him a game simply because he had more than enough time to change his course and not hit him, yet he decided to do so anyway.

But I still maintain it was dirty, again, due to his clear ability to change course/let up and the fact that it was to the blindside of an unsuspecting player.

More so, I was probably a bit more ticked off that there was no real reaction from the team. Not saying they had to knock him into next week, but a scrum, face wash, grab him by the collar, something. Whether they were former teammates or not, he's not a teammate anymore, and a key member of your team is in pain on the ice having a hard time catching his breath.

I'm disappointed the team seemed to decide that because it was Schenn it was no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    I don't think there's a place in the game for blindside hits, especially when the player doesn't have the puck. From what I remember there had been at least a full second gone from the time the puck was gone until Schenn hit him.

At that point, play over. You shouldn't be looking to hit someone at that point, not in open ice and not when the player can't see you.

It wasn't to the head, he didn't leave his feet; I don't care. I don't believe blindside hits should occur in hockey just like I think they shouldn't occur in football. Hitting unsuspecting players when they can't see you is an easy way to injure a player.

I'm not going to argue over whether he should have been suspended; if it were me I'd have given him a game simply because he had more than enough time to change his course and not hit him, yet he decided to do so anyway.

But I still maintain it was dirty, again, due to his clear ability to change course/let up and the fact that it was to the blindside of an unsuspecting player.

More so, I was probably a bit more ticked off that there was no real reaction from the team. Not saying they had to knock him into next week, but a scrum, face wash, grab him by the collar, something. Whether they were former teammates or not, he's not a teammate anymore, and a key member of your team is in pain on the ice having a hard time catching his breath.

I'm disappointed the team seemed to decide that because it was Schenn it was no big deal.
    I have watched this over and over again. The puck may have been gone, but I don't think it should have been more than two minutes. First of all, the puck was not gone for a second...Schenn was about 10 feet away when Couts had the shot blocked. On top of that, when Schenn starts his check, Couts was facing him and then quickly turns more to the left making it become a blindside check. I think this falls in the same principle of boarding calls where a player kind of puts themselves in that position when a check has started. (Yes, I know this is a retract of my previous position, but I have done more analyzation now. )

I think we should just drop that one as there were far worse calls against us this season (see Ottawa 'no goals'). Below is a link for those that would like to watch the video of this hit over again.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/b...ean-couturier/

Im more excited to see Sanheim settle in and start playing more offense.

Still no Nolan Patrick. He's skating on his own before practices the past 2 days.

Gudas looks good to go apparently, and it appears Neuvy will get the nod for Thursday.

Correction to the above; looks like Elliott will take the net tonight.

Gudas is good to go and is expected to be paired with Sanheim.

Patrick skated before practice. Hextall is hoping to get him back for MIN on Tuesday.

Will be nice to get some semblance of health back again.

hate these 4-5 day breaks. please have a good showing elliot. we need both goalies this month

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast