Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Man what a game by sanheim, neuvy, provorov, lehtera. Wiese is useless and just keeps slashing away. Konecny needs to shoot the puck and not make a pass every time. Hagg played great D as well. Hagg and Sanheim doing a solid job out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    Man what a game by sanheim, neuvy, provorov, lehtera. Wiese is useless and just keeps slashing away. Konecny needs to shoot the puck and not make a pass every time. Hagg played great D as well. Hagg and Sanheim doing a solid job out there.
    The only use for Weise is to take runs. Next game at TOR? Yep. Run at Matthews.

I've had it with the dirty plays that are disproportionately impacting this team. If the league isn't going to do its job, then the players need to do it.

I doubt the team practices today coming off a back to back and a game tomorrow, so I don’t think we’ll hear status updates on anyone until tomorrow.

Hope 1Couturier is ok. He finished the game and claimed he just got the wind knocked out of him, but he hit the ice pretty hard on that dirty hit from Schenn so we’ll see if he has any symptoms today/tomorrow.

The goal with Ghost and Patrick was to have them back tomorrow, we’ll see if that actually happens. After tomorrow they don’t play again until next Thursday, so I really wouldn’t be surprised or upset if they decided to hold those guys out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    I doubt the team practices today coming off a back to back and a game tomorrow, so I don’t think we’ll hear status updates on anyone until tomorrow.

Hope 1Couturier is ok. He finished the game and claimed he just got the wind knocked out of him, but he hit the ice pretty hard on that dirty hit from Schenn so we’ll see if he has any symptoms today/tomorrow.

The goal with Ghost and Patrick was to have them back tomorrow, we’ll see if that actually happens. After tomorrow they don’t play again until next Thursday, so I really wouldn’t be surprised or upset if they decided to hold those guys out tomorrow.
    I thin we're overreacting to the hit if we are calling it dirty.

From his angle, there's a good chance he thought Couts still had the puck.

From the only view I saw, I don't think the hit was to the head.

Meaning it's simply a big hit, that was delivered late.

That's not dirty.

(If I find a view that shows primary contact to the head I'll change my stance)

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I thin we're overreacting to the hit if we are calling it dirty.

From his angle, there's a good chance he thought Couts still had the puck.

From the only view I saw, I don't think the hit was to the head.

Meaning it's simply a big hit, that was delivered late.

That's not dirty.

(If I find a view that shows primary contact to the head I'll change my stance)
    So a hit has to be to the head to make it dirty?

What I saw was a late, high hit to an unsuspecting player. There’s not a snowball’s chance in hell Schenn thought he still had the puck. He made up his mind he was going to hit 1Couturier and regardless of whether the puck was gone or not he was going to hit him.

Puck was gone well before the hit. There’s absolutely no reason for Schenn to lay into him the way he did.

It doesn’t mean I put it on the same level as other dirty hits. Not every dirty hit is created equal. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t dirty and uncalled for.

These are examples of why Morin needs to be on the team. There is no one really to fear on the team. Sure Simmonds can fight but he's not Morin.

He didn't lay into him at all.

He didn't launch. He didn't extend his arms. Elbow was tucked. He didn't even lean into. He was gliding.

To be honest, he was 100% clean except for the fact the puck was gone. Yet at full speed, I don't think it was gone for even a second.

We're overreacting to a hit on our favorite player. Allowing for the previous injuries this team has suffered to cloud our judgment.

Remember I dislike Brayden as a player.

This wasn't dirty

So a hit has to be to the head to make it dirty?

What I saw was a late, high hit to an unsuspecting player. There’s not a snowball’s chance in hell Schenn thought he still had the puck. He made up his mind he was going to hit 1Couturier and regardless of whether the puck was gone or not he was going to hit him.

Puck was gone well before the hit. There’s absolutely no reason for Schenn to lay into him the way he did.

It doesn’t mean I put it on the same level as other dirty hits. Not every dirty hit is created equal. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t dirty and uncalled for.
    Dirty to me is a play that is outside a standard hockey play. Whether that is a cross check to the back when the play is moving the other way, or a hit with clear intent to injure on it etc.

This was simply a poorly timed hit. This looks way worse than it was because Couts was off balance.

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this forum. But if we take off the orange glasses for a second it may help with seeing the play as I happened

I'm not just saying it because of this 1 hit. The 1 on Ghost should have been answered by someone. Morin will stop teams from taking liberties against our players.

Dirty to me is a play that is outside a standard hockey play. Whether that is a cross check to the back when the play is moving the other way, or a hit with clear intent to injure on it etc.

This was simply a poorly timed hit. This looks way worse than it was because Couts was off balance.

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this forum. But if we take off the orange glasses for a second it may help with seeing the play as I happened
    A late hit is outside of a standard hockey play IMO. Its unwarranted and dirty for the simple fact that it is late. It was late by at least 1 second, Ive gone back and looked at it several times (magic of DVR).

You have a different definition of dirty.

I used to get on Schenn for doing this nonsense when he was here, so this has nothing to do with orange colored glasses. Schenn has a tendency to toe the line, don't act like this isnt true.

You want to get into semantics of what you think is dirty, we wont agree there.

To me, if its late, no puck, and to someone's blindside where he cant brace himself for contact, it's dirty.

A late hit is outside of a standard hockey play IMO. Its unwarranted and dirty for the simple fact that it is late. It was late by at least 1 second, Ive gone back and looked at it several times (magic of DVR).

You have a different definition of dirty.

I used to get on Schenn for doing this nonsense when he was here, so this has nothing to do with orange colored glasses. Schenn has a tendency to toe the line, don't act like this isnt true.

You want to get into semantics of what you think is dirty, we wont agree there.

To me, if its late, no puck, and to someone's blindside where he cant brace himself for contact, it's dirty.
    We disagree. And that's fine. A late hit to me is something that happens regularly. People finish checks way later than this one on almost every shift. This one isn't clean, the puck was gone. So it's interference. But I don't think that immediately makes it dirty either. Just illegal. If his arms weren't tucked, or he launched I'd feel differently.

That said, we disagree, and that's one of the greatest things about sports in general. Saw the same play, both of our favorite players getting hit, and have two different interpretations.

To me it really wasn’t even late enough to be dirty. I think it was late but schenn has already decided to hit him. What DOES make it dirty is the angle schenn came in at. It was a blindsided hit and was on a defenseless player that was slightly off balance. I think that was boarderline interference but just another hit that I feel like visas would have gotten 5 games for. Lol

it was definitely a little late but I dont think schenn knew that. I feel like he led a little with his elbow/shoulder but couts was in a bad position anyway.

Nuevy better start tomorrow

Patrick and Ghost in tonight?

We disagree. And that's fine. A late hit to me is something that happens regularly. People finish checks way later than this one on almost every shift. This one isn't clean, the puck was gone. So it's interference. But I don't think that immediately makes it dirty either. Just illegal. If his arms weren't tucked, or he launched I'd feel differently.

That said, we disagree, and that's one of the greatest things about sports in general. Saw the same play, both of our favorite players getting hit, and have two different interpretations.
    This one was right on the line of "dirty" and illegal -- but if the NHL is serious about reducing the role of enforcers and seeing a more skilled game, then plays like this need to be met with harsh punishment. Because if the league isn't going to police the game and protect the players, the players are going to do it.

Let me ask you this: if Radko Gudas had delivered that exact same hit to Tarasenko, is there a doubt in your mind that Gudas gets a major penalty and likely a suspension?

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast