Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    The first 5 games I would agree. Since then I think it has more to do with not having a consistent partner due to a slew of injuries than him actually playing poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    The first 5 games I would agree. Since then I think it has more to do with not having a consistent partner due to a slew of injuries than him actually playing poorly.
    It isnít poorly. Donít mistake what Iím saying as he is playing poorly. It just isnít his full self. It could be inconsistency of the lineup but Provorov has another level and while he isnít playing poorly, he hasnít gone up to that other level or played there consistently this year

I think heís closer to it though than youíre leading on, and again, itís 13 games, of which heís only had the same partner for more than 2 straight games in like 8 of them.

I was super critical of him in the first 5 games or so. I think heís been getting better since then. To me the best heís looked are the 2 games heís played with Ghost, which shouldnít surprise anyone, and last night. And I think if he got some consistency in terms of who his partner is, youíd see heís playing at a high level.

Itís hard to look the part when youíre constantly changing partners and donít really get a chance to learn your partnerís tendencies/strengths/weaknesses/etc.

Well what we have learned about correlation and causation is that because Andrew MacDonald got hurt, everyone else got hurt. Thus, this is all MacDonald's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Well what we have learned about correlation and causation is that because Andrew MacDonald got hurt, everyone else got hurt. Thus, this is all MacDonald's fault.
    Amen

any new on radko?

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    I disagree on Provorov. Yeah, he lost a man there, but that was one isolated incident last night. He also saved a goal on the doorstep early in the 1st period by doing exactly what you said he didn't do. No defenseman is going to nullify every stick or make every play.

He was well above 50% last night in terms of play driving and played nearly 30 minutes due to Gudas being injured. He was a monster last night for the most part, outside of that 1 coverage he missed on the PK.

Keep in mind, he's also had multiple partners since AMac went down, so he hasn't really had a chance to gain much chemistry with anyone. IMO he's playing very well all things considered.

This defense got thin really quick. Injuries are killing them right now. AMac, Ghost, Morin, Brennan, now Gudas may be out.

Defense tonight will likely be:

Provorov-Hagg
    Sanheim-Manning
    O'Neill-Alt

All because injuries are all happening at once. Flyers better hope Ghost and Gudas can get back soon.

Figures AMac goes down and everyone starts dropping like flies so the organization can't get a taste of how much better this team would be without him.
    would have been perfect for morin to get some games in too. hes the perfect replacement for gudas

OíNeill making his NHL debut, but I doubt he plays much. Hakstol said the pairs will be pretty fluid tonight.

Iíd look for Provorov to have another big minutes night.

Forwards are going to have to be extra diligent on the backcheck.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Down goes Couts. Joy.
    Dirty, dirty play by Schenn. Should have been 5

Down goes Couts. Joy.

So..... how many players do we need to lose as a result of illegal hits to the head before the league decides to enforce the rules & discipline the perpetrators?

Watching that hit 1 or 2 times I thought the contact was to the shoulder.

Still late. But don't think it warranted five

I think Sanheim has been very good this game. Provorov is playing really well this game.

Couturier with 17 points in 14 games. Pretty great too. Happy he came back and is seemingly OK.

Canít wait for Patrick and Ghost to come back

1Couturier said after the game he just got the wind knocked out of him, felt like he was gonna die. That is what it feels like, no doubt. If that's all it was he's lucky and we're all lucky. I was absolutely fuming after that hit by Schenn. It was late and unnecessary, I really don't care that it wasn't targeting the head.

Losing 1Couturier long term would have been a death sentence. Hopefully that's all it was and he's going to be ok moving forward. If we thought he was valuable before, he's raised the bar even higher this year.

This was an absolute gut-it-out win and a win that could give this team a real boost moving forward. Provorov playing 27+ minutes after playing 28+ Monday and nearly 30 last night, D'ing up Tarasenko the way he did. He's a machine. Sanheim had a hell of a game as well, I feel like he got overshadowed by Provorov's amazing game but he deserves praise as well. Neuvy as well, great game from him. Give Lehtera some love against his former team.

1Couturier now tied for 3rd in the league in scoring, G and Jake tied for 4th.

Big win. Really big win. Hopefully we see at least one of Patrick/Ghost/Gudas come back on Saturday and we can start slowly getting this team healthy again. I think Gudas will be out for at least a week (likely concussed like the others) but if one or both of Patrick/Ghost can get back for Saturday, especially Ghost, that would be huge.

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast