Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    someone tell konecny to shoot the ****ing puck. He has done that so many times this year

someone tell konecny to shoot the ****ing puck. He has done that so many times this year
    spending too much time with voracek.

Button figures Gudas will get 10 games. I don't know if they'll be that harsh, but they are usually tough on the Flyers. I just can't wait til we have Hagg, Provy, Ghost, Sanheim, Morin, and Myers as our D.

The boys need to get off this slide quickly and regain some confidence ... Couturier is playing at another level, but it sucks that he is getting minimal support from the other 3 lines. I envy Winnipeg’s speed ... we need that in our lineup

Thought Patrick looked good in his first game back. He reminds me a lot of Couturier in his 1st season

When can we start talking about firing Hak.....

Gudas getting an in-person hearing. Means at least 5 games most likely, amd given his history I wouldn't be surprised if he got 7-10 games.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Now

the next time a top 10 coach gets fired.

there's no reason to drop the hammer on hak if we're not getting a guy we know can get us a cup.
    Gudas getting an in-person hearing. Means at least 5 games most likely, amd given his history I wouldn't be surprised if he got 7-10 games.
    i wouldn't bat much of an eye if he got a lifetime ban for it. he won't because that's not the way the NHL handles enforcement, but gudas swung his stick at the back of a defenseless player's head and connected with force. this play is really close to bertuzzi/mcsorley territory and it might have gotten there if gudas had caught flesh instead of helmet.

when a player with gudas's reputation does something like this, i have a hard time seeing a good reason to be lenient. and if he's a danger to other players, he shouldn't be in the league.

maybe we can see morin play? he should be almost ready by now no?

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    the next time a top 10 coach gets fired.

there's no reason to drop the hammer on hak if we're not getting a guy we know can get us a cup.
    i wouldn't bat much of an eye if he got a lifetime ban for it. he won't because that's not the way the NHL handles enforcement, but gudas swung his stick at the back of a defenseless player's head and connected with force. this play is really close to bertuzzi/mcsorley territory and it might have gotten there if gudas had caught flesh instead of helmet.

when a player with gudas's reputation does something like this, i have a hard time seeing a good reason to be lenient. and if he's a danger to other players, he shouldn't be in the league.

Disagree. He didn't seek him out. He didn't chase him down long after a play had ended. McSorely and Bertuzzi went out of their way, out of the flow of play, to seek a player out, chase them down, and go out of their way to hurt them. This wasn't that.

He's battling along the boards, Perrault goes over top of him, ripping his helmet off, causing Gudas to lose his footing a bit. As he's losing his balance, his stick naturally raises in the air.

It's not like he regained his balance, thought about it for a second, re-cocked his stick and decided to chop him in the neck. That's not what happened.

I absolutely believe he meant to give him a whack for trying to jump over top of him the way Perrault did; but in no way, shape or form do I believe he intended to hit him in the back of the neck/head like he did. If Perrault doesn't fall there, he doesn't get hit in the head, he gets a chop to the back of the legs.

Still a bad play, still a play that doesn't belong in the league. Not at all like McSorely or Bertuzzi or even Shea Weber on Zetterberg a few years back where he grabbed Zetterberg's head and slammed it into the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    maybe we can see morin play? he should be almost ready by now no?
    He's been back for 2 games now with the Phantoms. Still knocking rust off, hasn't looked great.

Besides, AMac is about ready to go and Alt is already here. Unless they're not happy with Manning, which I don't think they are unhappy with him given his TOI, there's no reason to believe Morin will get a call up.

Disagree. He didn't seek him out. He didn't chase him down long after a play had ended. McSorely and Bertuzzi went out of their way, out of the flow of play, to seek a player out, chase them down, and go out of their way to hurt them. This wasn't that.

He's battling along the boards, Perrault goes over top of him, ripping his helmet off, causing Gudas to lose his footing a bit. As he's losing his balance, his stick naturally raises in the air.

It's not like he regained his balance, thought about it for a second, re-cocked his stick and decided to chop him in the neck. That's not what happened.

I absolutely believe he meant to give him a whack for trying to jump over top of him the way Perrault did; but in no way, shape or form do I believe he intended to hit him in the back of the neck/head like he did. If Perrault doesn't fall there, he doesn't get hit in the head, he gets a chop to the back of the legs.

Still a bad play, still a play that doesn't belong in the league. Not at all like McSorely or Bertuzzi or even Shea Weber on Zetterberg a few years back where he grabbed Zetterberg's head and slammed it into the glass.
    99 times out of 100, what bertuzzi did wouldn't cause any injury. he rabbit punched, then tackled a guy awkwardly; those things happen dozens of times every game without players losing consciousness, suffering spinal fractures and paralysis. it took fluke (moore losing consciousness when cheap shotted) on top of fluke (landing exactly the wrong way without being able to brace his landing) on top of fluke (with both his and bertuzzi's weight traveling down his spine) for that to turn out as poorly as it did. if moore had stayed conscious, if he had landed on his shoulder, if bertuzzi had held him up a little instead of dead weighting, that night would barely warrant a footnote.

last night had two flukes: 1. perrault fell and 2. gudas swung his stick. it doesn't take much imagination to come up with a third fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    He's been back for 2 games now with the Phantoms. Still knocking rust off, hasn't looked great.

Besides, AMac is about ready to go and Alt is already here. Unless they're not happy with Manning, which I don't think they are unhappy with him given his TOI, there's no reason to believe Morin will get a call up.
    i feel like we aren't going to see morin play here for a while. Next year we have myers potentially coming on the team and even then we still have gudas and amac. At least most of the other dmen have panned out

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post

Don't care. Get him up here. Team is in need of a spark.

i bet hexy would have drafted max domi before sam morin even though our need was defensemen. He would have went with bpa. I agree with casper. Get him in. Even if amac is back. Id rather have morin up than see manning play when he doesnt have a future on this team

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast