12/29 @Tampa Bay (1)

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals: 1Couturier (14)

Assists: Voracek (26)

TOI: Provorov (24:52)

GAA: Neuvirth (2.65)

SV%: Neuvirth (.915)

Team Record: 9-11-7

With a win against the Flames on December 4th, the Flyers saw a 13-game losing streak come to an end. The streak was the longest in franchise history. Despite that the Flyers are only 8 points (4 games) out of the final Wildcard spot in the Eastern Conference, but still only 7 points from last place in the league. The competition the Flyers will face this month is not as stout as it was in November, so couple that with the fact that the Flyers have a 5-game home-stand this month we could see a jump in the team's record. This home-stand comes after a 3-game road trip in which the Flyers started off with the win against Calgary and get a chance to breathe away from home after losing to Boston and capping off the winless streak. If the Flyers are going to make a push for the playoffs then the time is now. This is the month they must make ground on those ahead of them in the standings. This is the month the kids need to make a push and further their development in this league in order to make an impact for this franchise. At the conclusion of this month we should have a better idea of what direction this team will head the last two months before the NHL Trade Deadline (February 26th, 2018).

Let's go boys.

Hearing flyers interested in lehner ... Shawn Simpson from TSN tweeted it

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Hearing flyers interested in lehner ... Shawn Simpson from TSN tweeted it
    With the current goaltender situation Iíd have a hard time believing this. Unless of course the Sabres are going to take one of Neuvirth or Elliot then I may consider it legitimate, but doubtful. Neuvy should only be out for a week or so, but I still donít see why the Sabres would have any interest in bringing either of them two on board. Thatís not to say the Flyers donít have interest, as they very well may, but they would likely have to overpay for him given that heís a RFA and they would have to be taking one of our goaltenders back. Iím not opposed to it though, just has to be for the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post
    With the current goaltender situation Iíd have a hard time believing this. Unless of course the Sabres are going to take one of Neuvirth or Elliot then I may consider it legitimate, but doubtful. Neuvy should only be out for a week or so, but I still donít see why the Sabres would have any interest in bringing either of them two on board. Thatís not to say the Flyers donít have interest, as they very well may, but they would likely have to overpay for him given that heís a RFA and they would have to be taking one of our goaltenders back. Iím not opposed to it though, just has to be for the right price.
    Are we on....dare I say....a winning streak? WTH is this craziness?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Are we on....dare I say....a winning streak? WTH is this craziness?
    Well what did you expect when AMAC came back in the lineup?

In all seriousness, this shouldn't be a bottom ten team. They should fall somewhere between 10-20 which would make them a fringe playoff team. They've built themselves a hole, but I don't think the playoffs are completely out of the question if certain players start producing to their abilities. Putting their best players on different lines is a start.

Hopefully Patrick and Konecny will see more ice team. I don't want this 8 minute/ night thing to become a trend. Sanheim with less than 12 minutes?

8 more in a row to go. We need to keep playing Edmonton and Calgary who are as young as we Are.

When Couturier is the best player on the ice for both squads, we usually win. Itís been that the last two games. Couturier is shaping up to be the next C ... he has earned it

Provy played so well tonight too. Raf is finally getting rewarded for playing well ...

We still need to beat top teams, but wins are wins. And I love watching us win.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    8 more in a row to go. We need to keep playing Edmonton and Calgary who are as young as we Are.

When Couturier is the best player on the ice for both squads, we usually win. Itís been that the last two games. Couturier is shaping up to be the next C ... he has earned it

Provy played so well tonight too. Raf is finally getting rewarded for playing well ...

We still need to beat top teams, but wins are wins. And I love watching us win.
    provoroy was amazing in this one. Hopefully konecny, weal, and patrick can get a few to get them going. Simmonds and raffl are looking really good right now.

Hopefully sanheim can get his first too.

Didnít get to watch the third period last night, but I liked what I saw from the first two periods I did watch. My only criticism is that the usage of Patrick, Konecny, and Sanheim is very boring. I understand that he was playing them tougher, longer minutes and it led to mistakes and turnovers and helped create the losing streak, but these kids need to learn what itís like to play meaningful minutes. I do understand that what Hakstol has done the last two games has worked. Heís putting his best, most consistent players on the ice for the longest and itís a system that translates to better results, but I would still like to see those kids get more ice time. However, I see both sides of it and itís much better than them being relegated to the press box to sit and watch. That part is encouraging that theyíre at least staying in the lineup. Overall a solid game and itís nice to see some secondary scoring from other players now.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post
    Didnít get to watch the third period last night, but I liked what I saw from the first two periods I did watch. My only criticism is that the usage of Patrick, Konecny, and Sanheim is very boring. I understand that he was playing them tougher, longer minutes and it led to mistakes and turnovers and helped create the losing streak, but these kids need to learn what itís like to play meaningful minutes. I do understand that what Hakstol has done the last two games has worked. Heís putting his best, most consistent players on the ice for the longest and itís a system that translates to better results, but I would still like to see those kids get more ice time. However, I see both sides of it and itís much better than them being relegated to the press box to sit and watch. That part is encouraging that theyíre at least staying in the lineup. Overall a solid game and itís nice to see some secondary scoring from other players now.
    he should have seperated tk and patrick if this is the case. Once gudas is back, sanheim should get more ice time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    he should have seperated tk and patrick if this is the case. Once gudas is back, sanheim should get more ice time as well.
    He's sheltering them and I understand why. This team was losing a ton of games and couldn't string together consistent periods of good play. Rookies make mistakes and you can see why they did not want to start the season with a bunch of rookies all at once in the starting lineup. Remember, the Leafs are the exception, not the rule. Exactly what my fear of starting a bunch of rookies at the same time came to pass, so it was time to change something up. However, for them to be playing as little as their playing is bothering me a little bit, but I'll live with it so long as the team continues to score, drive play, and be better than .500 this month AND none of them spend time sitting in the press box.

man barzal is freaking amazing.

if anyone has gamecenter, please turn on the panthers game. My god, I thought anaheims fans suck. There is no one at the game.

would have been perfect to score at the end there. canucks pk doesn't look too sharp to start

voracek is on a tear. everytime he has the puck something good happens

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast