Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    8-3 after the embarrassment in LA. Here's what's left.

Carolina (8-3)
    @Atlanta (7-4) (Thursday)
    Jets (4-7)
    Atlanta (7-4)
    @Tampa Bay (4-7)

I have the Saints at 11-5 with losses against Carolina and in Atlanta. I can also see them going 9-7 and only stealing a win from the Jets or Bucs.

I don't think they're good enough to sweep Carolina or Atlanta. They may get swept by Atlanta. The Failcons are finding form while the Saints are bottoming out.

I think 10-6 with the second wild card going back to LA for another loss is in play, too.

I think the rest of the season falls under the problem with personnel. Saints need a better pass rush because of the horrible players they have at CB at the moment. The O-line I am impressed with but then again they have 2 first rounders, Armstead when healthy, Unger who the Saints gave away one of the best pass catching TE's for and Wafford who was signed to a nice contract.

The WR's are really bad. Thomas hands are legit no question but he needs to hit the weight room. Snead needs to not be on the roster next season not sure what he did to piss off Payton but it worked and now he isn't playing for it. Coleman I like him for what he is good blocker and big size to target when needed he isn't elite or that good but he is an nfl player. Ginn is not playing to his potential because Brees arm strength. Lewis or whoever else is on the roster is useless. I think this is a position that comes in the draft because WR in FA come with a heavy price. I would love to get Laundry but he is about to be paid with the season he is having.

TE's - Fleener, Hill, and Hoo-man are worthless. None of them have done anything in the passing game and are all decent blockers. I wouldn't want to bring any TE that is a FA next season so I would go the draft route for the next starting TE. Could it be Mark Andrews of Oklahoma or Caleb Wilson of UCLA or Dallas Goedert from South Dakota St. I have no clue about TE's because there isn't a Njoku or Engram or Howard in this draft.

DB - with the way that players go down frequently they need to work on DB depth. Lattimore is legit but he is missing too much time. Breaux is also legit even though he gets hit with tons of penalties. Not saying Revis is what he used to be but why didn't the Saints bring him in for a look I don't understand. I trust him over what was on the field yesterday. This is another position that will need to be addressed in the draft as the top DB get paid crazy money. One thought is see where Seattle is at with Sherman. Yes he is injured and yes Earl helps him out over the top but he is still a top guy and with Lattimore and Breaux over the top he would not be covering the other teams top WR.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

I'm confident we will make the playoffs. 11 wins should get us in. We should beat the Jets and Bucs to get us to 10 wins even with injuries. To get the all important bye week I think it's going to come down to the health of Lattimore and Crawley. De'Vante Harris is a borderline NFL player at best. The Rams exploited this weakness all day. Nobody is going to catch the red hot Eagles.

The Saints almost have no shot at a bye. By losing to the Vikings and Rams, the Saints will have to have more wins than either team. Even if the Saints win out, the Vikings might win 13, too. It'd be like 2011 when the 49ers held the tie-breaker and the 13-3 Saints had to play in the 1st round then go on the road.

My updated NFC predictions:

1) Vikings 14-2
    2) Eagles 13-3
    3) Rams 12-4
    4) Panthers 11-5
    5) Saints 11-5
    6) Falcons 10-6

Seahawks could send the Saints packing, too. I think they could win 10. I think I was generous by having the Saints lose the next two, but win their last three. If that happens, Panthers take the division. Saints can't split with Atlanta, the could be done, too.

The Saints can go on another run I do not doubt that. They need to get healthy and they are capable of getting in the playoffs and once in there its anyone's guess. With the team they put out there against the Rams they do not bust a grape in a fruit fight.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

9-3! First winning season since 2013! This is what's left.

@Atlanta (7-5) (Thursday)
    Jets (5-7)
    Atlanta (7-5)
    @Tampa Bay (4-8)

A win Thursday doesn't completely sew up the division, but it gets close. Saints own the tiebreaker over the Panthers. Even splitting with Atlanta makes a huge difference as the Saints will have a better division record than either team.

I think 12-4 sounds about right. Sad that 12 wins might only be good for a 3 or 4 seed.

After running the playoff machine on ESPN, I got this:

1) Eagles 13-3
    2) Vikings 12-4
    3) Saints 12-4
    4) Seahawks 12-4
    5) Rams 12-4
    6) Panthers 12-4

While that is unlikely, damn, the NFC is top-heavy. Another interesting note, if the Saints, Eagles, and/or the Rams/Vikings have the same record, Saints would get homefield.

I think it may be possible that the Saints can't miss the playoffs. They can lose the division but it seems a playoff spot is assured. I must be missing something. Ideally I think I want us to play Panthers 1st round. Seems to be a good match up for the Saints.

I think the Saints can beat the Eagles or Seahawks too.

I don't want to play Vikings or ATL or Rams in playoffs. I think those are bad matchups.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

This is the best case scenario for me:

1) Eagles
    2) Vikings
    3) Rams
    4) Saints
    5) Panthers
    6) Seahawks/Falcons

The Saints are pretty much locked into playing the Panthers. Just comes down to if it is in New Orleans or Carolina. The Rams could be upset by the 49ers, but I don't see it happening.

If the Saints beat the Panthers and the Rams beat the 2nd wild card team, the Saints would go to Philly. That is my preference over them going to Minnesota. The Eagles have a good defense and decent running game, but Foles isn't Wentz. The Saints have gone to Philly and beaten the Foles led Eagles before.

Wild Card Round
    Saints over Panthers (hate playing them 3 times)
    Rams over WC2

Division Round
    Saints over Eagles
    Vikings over Rams

NFC Championship
    Saints at Vikings (this game scares me)

The Saints will have a shot to go to the Super Bowl, but they're not the favorites.
    Last edited by iamaj; 12-26-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Now that the Rams are resting Goff and Gurley, it's going to be hard to see them beating a hot 49ers team.
    If we win our game, there's a solid chance we host the 6th seed.

That said, who would people rather play if it's between Atlanta, Seattle, or the Panthers?

I think Carolina is locked into the 5th seed, if they don't win the division.

I think the Saints are better than the Falcons or Seahawks. Seattle has injuries and has looked off this season. I think the Saints have the Falcons' number.

I'd rather play in order of preference on the way to a Superbowl

1. Panthers
    2. Falcons
    3. Seahawks
    4. Eagles
    5. Vikings
    6. Rams

One could say if there's one team that I'd actually bet against my Saints on it'd be the Rams. But you know one thing guys when you look at that entire list not one of those teams have a HOF QB right now. At some point in these upcoming NFC playoffs that difference may just be the deciding factor in the favor of the Saints.

And I don't know about you guys but I feel Brees deserves and has earned the privilege to hoist that trophy one last time before he calls it quits. And I'll jump the gun all the way and say the guy really should win this year and next years Superbowl and then leave the game Elway style.

I was so sick of the optimism from Brees and look at him now back in position to win it all again. Highest respect for that team the front office and Brees they proved me wrong
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12