Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 62
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,938
    I feel ok about this. NOt a huge fan of mid season trades tho. Dont expect Ajayi to make a impact for a few weeks.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,713
    we have a top 5 rush attack as it is, im not expecting much from Ajayi
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    20,870
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    As much as I love the Eagles Dline, would there be any interest in possibly dealing a guy like Curry or Jernigan or Allen to help acquire an LT?
    Curry is doing good now, but I'd trade him for sure for a good LT. Jernigan, I'd be more hesitant to trade because I think Currys production can be replaced with Barnett, if Jernigan is traded I'm not sure Beau Allen could provide the same (even though I am a fan of beau Allen)

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,878
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    As much as I love the Eagles Dline, would there be any interest in possibly dealing a guy like Curry or Jernigan or Allen to help acquire an LT?
    NOOO

    that's our whole engine of our defense. It's curry has played very well this year as has Jernigan. Absolutely not

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    20,870
    I'm a huge fan of the Jay Ajayi trade.. One thing to consider is that the eagles now have a potential franchise running back that can grow with Carson Wentz.. They are both 24 years old so I could definitely see Ajayi being extended and playing in Philadelphia for the next 5-6 years.

    As far as the rest of the team, I'd love to see Smallwood traded now even if it's for a late round pick.. Blount could provide better value for a team, but he also gives the Eagles value in short yardage situations if he's not traded.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,938
    Yeah somehow just trade Smallwood. Just get him off the team. Sorry Smallwood but there just isn't enough room and I like Clement more.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,938
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    The Eagles just got better and Dallas just got worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Gotta love Eagles fans fixation on the Cowboys when the Eagles are 7-1. You guys worry about them way too much. No point in adding that to your post. "Eagles just got better" is a perfectly fine post.
    So ****ing what koldjerky? So ****ing what if eagles fans still mention the cowboys. They are the eagles biggest division rival, they have a comparable team, they are the division champs from last year, they have some fans on PSD that like to talk. No matter what its never too late or early to hate the cowboys. Its just a sports forum.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,878
    Smallwood may be unpopular but there's a reason he's out there on 3rd down. He's very good in pass protection

    As for Ajayi. It's an upgrade. I'm just not sure it's where we needed an upgrade. Sure the runningbacks weren't incredible. I mean that 4th could've been used to upgrade our line going forward. I mean I guess on tape they liked big v more than our RBs

    I obviously wouldn't expect us to draft a RB now. At this point I'm all for bringing back the whole crew. WRs, TEs and RB

    Just so we can focus entirely on our line and not create more holes where they don't need to be

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,713
    apparently Miami doesnt trust this dudes knees. they have really dont have a replacement for him so it was odd they dealt him for what they did out of the blue. nothing wrong with a buy low move for a guy who can be the feature back next year and possibly more but like i said we have a top 5 run game already and hes not gonna improve that this year.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,938
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Smallwood may be unpopular but there's a reason he's out there on 3rd down. He's very good in pass protection

    As for Ajayi. It's an upgrade. I'm just not sure it's where we needed an upgrade. Sure the runningbacks weren't incredible. I mean that 4th could've been used to upgrade our line going forward. I mean I guess on tape they liked big v more than our RBs

    I obviously wouldn't expect us to draft a RB now. At this point I'm all for bringing back the whole crew. WRs, TEs and RB

    Just so we can focus entirely on our line and not create more holes where they don't need to be
    Absolutleyy agree. Feel like the Ajayi trade wont be as flashy on the field in terms of overall production, Eagles are already 5th best rushing attack, will get better but how much. Oh well. Not complaining at all but not as excited as some fans here.

    However I like the speed of this guy, blount doesn't have that and teams will fear him more then they feared Blount.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    17,293
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    im not on the same page as you. i dont think we need him and he hasnt been effective as a pass catcher either of the last 2 seasons so im not sure where you are getting that? Even with his great season last year he need 25+ touches to have a big game and hes not seeing that here. its not going to hurt, prob will help a little but this is a whatever move to me for now.
    I think he has receiving talent, but he hasn't put it all on display yet. He has solid last year in that department and provides a boost for our pass protection. This season it's been overall rough in both departments with how poor the offense has been for the Dolphins.

    Would imagine he's going to become the RB1 on this roster quickly with Blount spelling him as the big back/clock killing mode for 8-10 runs. We were already giving Barner/Smallwood/Clement touches so those all likely head towards Ajayi.

    Fairly sizable upgrade for our offense, low risk and high reward..Plus he has an additional year for around 700k for next year.
    Last edited by Westbrook36; 10-31-2017 at 01:31 PM.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    38,093
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    NOOO

    that's our whole engine of our defense. It's curry has played very well this year as has Jernigan. Absolutely not
    Oh I agree it's the engine of the defense but they have tremendous depth. jaydubb said it about the depth behind Jernagin but Barnett, Long is great depth behind Curry. Curry could be a potentially good trading piece. I'm saying it because I don't feel they have enough to acquire a good OT without it.

    Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    So ****ing what koldjerky? So ****ing what if eagles fans still mention the cowboys. They are the eagles biggest division rival, they have a comparable team, they are the division champs from last year, they have some fans on PSD that like to talk. No matter what its never too late or early to hate the cowboys. Its just a sports forum.
    Because why worry about a team that has almost zero threat to the Eagles? I could maybe understand if the Eagles were garbage and all we had was to rag on the division rivals, but the Eagles are arguably the bet team in the NFL. I'd rather gloat about that then worry about the Cowboys. Maybe that's just me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    20,870
    Where I think ajayi will make the biggest difference imo is in the screen game. Dougie P likes to set up that screen pass and Blount just can't get it going.. He's been more successful with Smallwood but I think if the Eagles could get an every down back that could be in there and run the screen pass occasionally, it would be that much more effective. He's got a lot of shift in his game that makes would be tacklers miss

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,878
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Oh I agree it's the engine of the defense but they have tremendous depth. jaydubb said it about the depth behind Jernagin but Barnett, Long is great depth behind Curry. Curry could be a potentially good trading piece. I'm saying it because I don't feel they have enough to acquire a good OT without it.



    Because why worry about a team that has almost zero threat to the Eagles? I could maybe understand if the Eagles were garbage and all we had was to rag on the division rivals, but the Eagles are arguably the bet team in the NFL. I'd rather gloat about that then worry about the Cowboys. Maybe that's just me though.
    I just think you risk weakening what's been BY FAR the biggest strength of this roster. I don't think that's a worthwhile risk. I don't like anyone behind Barnett.

    You take out one guy for the rest of the season and each guy is a little less rested with the rotations. There has been no game this entire year where I was like man, the eagles get no pass rush.

    I have a feeling and I could be wrong that ajayi was the trade in response to peters being hurt because one way to help protection is running the ball and play action.

    Peters being hurt is such a bummer though because if we had peters and you trade for ajayi I think I'd be in a much different place. I think I'd be thinking we're about to be dominant offensively. Now? I think we'll still be pretty good. Vatai just needs to be adequate. That's all. Doesn't need to be dominant. He just needs to play adequate football. If he does that we're golden assuming health is there. I'll say this though

    Every year there's a team that suddenly gets crazy good because of a few factors. One of which is insane health. That team that just stays healthier than the rest of the league. But then the year after sustains some injuries and is clearly fools gold

    What's good is that we've had a ton of injuries all year and we're 7-1. Makes me think that success is more sustainable. But that's also the reason I'd like to bring everyone back and just build the line and add more depth

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    38,093
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Where I think ajayi will make the biggest difference imo is in the screen game. Dougie P likes to set up that screen pass and Blount just can't get it going.. He's been more successful with Smallwood but I think if the Eagles could get an every down back that could be in there and run the screen pass occasionally, it would be that much more effective. He's got a lot of shift in his game that makes would be tacklers miss

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    In 2016 Ajayi had the post yard after contact with a min 100 attempts and had 58 missed tackles against.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •