Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    His film last year was phenomenal, hard to say if his injury+double teams have limited this year.
    I'm not too keen on his film from last year. He seems to be very lazy at times. He doesn't go all out with stunts unless it benefits him, which is usually does, but if he needs to be the decoy, he's actually very lazy going through with it. Probably wouldn't be a problem being a LEO though. So I can see where you're coming from.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I'm not too keen on his film from last year. He seems to be very lazy at times. He doesn't go all out with stunts unless it benefits him, which is usually does, but if he needs to be the decoy, he's actually very lazy going through with it. Probably wouldn't be a problem being a LEO though. So I can see where you're coming from.
    Yeah he seems like a pass rusher only, part of why I lean towards Chubb (this will be a difficult name to keep referencing lol) he isn't as pure a rusher, but he's still very good at it AND plays the run very well.

The Jimmy G era thread is about edge pass rusher?

Yes, the 49ers need an edge rusher, but it better not come with their first round pick (unless its a 2nd 1st round pick acquired from a trade down). Listening to two former niner beat guys/employees (Taylor Price / Kevin Jones), they mocked the idea of taking another Dlineman... "unless its the greatest Dline in the history of football"

Their offense is still really bad, but I have a feeling if Jimmy G plays, it will look better than what CJ or Hoyer showed.
    LA Kings : Kovalchuk
    LA Lakers: Lebron James
    SF 49ers: Jimmy G
    SF Giants: ????

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post

Yes, the 49ers need an edge rusher, but it better not come with their first round pick (unless its a 2nd 1st round pick acquired from a trade down). Listening to two former niner beat guys/employees (Taylor Price / Kevin Jones), they mocked the idea of taking another Dlineman... "unless its the greatest Dline in the history of football"

Their offense is still really bad, but I have a feeling if Jimmy G plays, it will look better than what CJ or Hoyer showed.
    FA for offense, draft defense
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Yeah, the 2nd JG thread that started that day and evolved into another quasi draft thread based on the change in needs.

Pass rush remains a need, we won't get it without investing in a good prospect, which will be an edge DLman in this scheme. We can hope a later pick is the answer, but if the BPA is Chubb or Key when we pick, the opinion of old Niner employees means little.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 11-26-2017 at 11:11 PM.

Noooooo to Key

Yeah, the 2nd JG thread that started that day and evolved into another quasi draft thread based on the change in needs.

Pass rush remains a need, we won't get it without investing in a good prospect, which will be an edge DLman in this scheme. We can hope a later pick is the answer, but if the BPA is Chubb or Key when we pick, the opinion of old Niner employees means little.
    The niners won't draft edge pass rusher with their first pick. They just won't. So it won't be Chubb or Key.

The niners won't draft edge pass rusher with their first pick. They just won't. So it won't be Chubb or Key.
    Based on what? They don't need a QB, there really isn't an elite LT, the only other position that typically goes top 3 is pass rusher.

Based on what? They don't need a QB, there really isn't an elite LT, the only other position that typically goes top 3 is pass rusher.
    Because Solomon Thomas was their DE top 2 selection. They won't take another unless you are quitting on Solly.

Because Solomon Thomas was their DE top 2 selection. They won't take another unless you are quitting on Solly.
    3rd pick. And Thomas is a base down DE, passing down DT. We need a LEO. We don't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by eDush:31953087
    Pass rush, OL, Barkley, trade down.
    Yes, another defensive lineman so we can go with a '46' defense with all the DL we drafted
    Thomas was a terrible pick. Can't compound that by passing on a pass rushers. A real one this time! WR and OL can hopefully be addressed with trades/free agency. If not...I think OG or an OT that can play OT til Staley retires is the best avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eDush:31953087
    Pass rush, OL, Barkley, trade down.
    Yes, another defensive lineman so we can go with a '46' defense with all the DL we drafted
    Thomas was a terrible pick. Can't compound that by passing on a pass rushers. A real one this time! WR and OL can hopefully be addressed with trades/free agency. If not...I think OG or an OT that can play OT til Staley retires is the best avenue.
    I remember hearing on sports radio call-ins prior to the draft where callers saying Thomas was like a Jack of all trades player where the Niners can put him anywhere on the line and he will succeed like as an edge rusher when he never did that at Stanford

I stated on here prior to the draft that if we must take an edge rusher with our first pick after Garnett goes off the board, it should Derek Barnett cause I seen enough devastating sacks from him while watching Kamara games for the Vols to know he would be successful. Anyways, I trust ur judgement on this broad over anyone else when it comes to evaluating players for the Niners.

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

A couple of plays can hardly determine what a player is, but just by the TD pass by Garoppolo, it showed me all I wanted to see. The way he moved in the pocket. The way he felt the pressure from his right and calmly slid to his right. He had real estate in front of him and I think if Beathard was in that same situation, he would have ran. Instead, Jimmy kept his eyes down the field, his shoulders square to the target, while continuing to slide left and delivered a perfect pass to a well covered receiver for the only touchdown of the day. Those are things I didn't see from Beathard or Hoyer. That calmness in the pocket, even though it quickly collapsed.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    A couple of plays can hardly determine what a player is, but just by the TD pass by Garoppolo, it showed me all I wanted to see. The way he moved in the pocket. The way he felt the pressure from his right and calmly slid to his right. He had real estate in front of him and I think if Beathard was in that same situation, he would have ran. Instead, Jimmy kept his eyes down the field, his shoulders square to the target, while continuing to slide left and delivered a perfect pass to a well covered receiver for the only touchdown of the day. Those are things I didn't see from Beathard or Hoyer. That calmness in the pocket, even though it quickly collapsed.
    Or PC told his team to not sack Jimmy and let him get the touchdown since it's garbage time already but to hope that one play will lull us into a sense that he's the one lol when he could still end up being a Brock. I don't Pete on anything he does on the field!

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast