Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Like do you see how asinine that sounds? Top 5 money and a 2nd pick for an unknown. Ridiculous.
    No I don't lol, because there's no indication of top 5 money. A tag doesn't count, it's one year. If he earns top 5 money while playing under the tag, then there's zero problem.

If he gets what we expected to pay Cousins I would be shocked. I've seen Mike Glennons deal as a possible scenario. 15M average.

Finally some good news in 49er land!!!

Quote Originally Posted by richiesaurus310 View Post
    There's no way Garoppolo would have signed a one year deal with us though. Using the franchise tag we'll get a 20 or so amount of games look at him with no long term commitment. That's a good deal when we're looking at someone who is unproven. Plus now we're free to take Saquon Barkley at 2, or trade down.

For the record I would not have supported paying Kirk Cousins top 5 money. He's not worth it at his talent level or age. I would have preferred using our 1st on a quarterback if that were the case. But I prefer getting Garoppolo and Barkley instead. Next year will still be rough, but we're now looking at 7-9 or 8-8 in the 2019 season, and playoffs by 2020. This is a great day.
    You don't justify paying cousins top 5 but have no issues paying Jimmy top 5? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    No I don't lol, because there's no indication of top 5 money. A tag doesn't count, it's one year. If he earns top 5 money while playing under the tag, then there's zero problem.

If he gets what we expected to pay Cousins I would be shocked. I've seen Mike Glennons deal as a possible scenario. 15M average.
    Tag counts because there's no guarantee he signs next year.

If you have 0 concern paying an unknown, then ****, pay me and rap top 5 and we'll go out there and play. I'm sure we both would be ok with splitting the paycheck equally. It's a 2 for 1!

Bingo.

You don't justify paying cousins top 5 but have no issues paying Jimmy top 5? Really?
    There's a huge difference between franchising 26 year old Jimmy Garoppolo for one year to see what he has, and committing 5-6 years at top 5 money to 29 year old Kirk Cousins. You really don't see the difference there? Really?
    Would you rather have your local WNBA team win a championship this year, or find 5 dollars on the ground? 🤔

Tag counts because there's no guarantee he signs next year.

If you have 0 concern paying an unknown, then ****, pay me and rap top 5 and we'll go out there and play. I'm sure we both would be ok with splitting the paycheck equally. It's a 2 for 1!
    The tag is a place holder, guys under the tag are not generally counted in the rankings of contracts because it's temporary.

He's not an unknown. Draft picks are unknowns. As much as people will talk about the two games, that's two games a lot of college QBs will never have.

Your alternative right now is trading probably multiple 1sts for Cousins and also paying him #1 money next year, because there is no lock we get him as a FA.

Quote Originally Posted by richiesaurus310 View Post
    Bingo.

There's a huge difference between franchising 26 year old Jimmy Garoppolo for one year to see what he has, and committing 5-6 years at top 5 money to 29 year old Kirk Cousins. You really don't see the difference there? Really?
    You're assuming you sign Jimmy.

At least Kirk is signed.

You could give a 2nd and top 5 money for a year and have Jimmy walk away. Then what?

Also, cousins is proven. Jimmy could easily be Hoyer 2.0

I've made it fully known that I'm not on board with this trade.

No point in just going around in circles. Guess we'll see how this pans out.

I'll totally own it if I'm wrong. I really hope I'm wrong because then hopefully we have things turned around and heading in the right direction.

Look, they have a whole month between Super Bowl and tag deadline to work out a deal. Let's not spend the next 5 months bickering over assumed scenarios and $ amounts we make up.

I've made it fully known that I'm not on board with this trade.

No point in just going around in circles. Guess we'll see how this pans out.

I'll totally own it if I'm wrong. I really hope I'm wrong because then hopefully we have things turned around and heading in the right direction.

x2

I'm hearing Hoyer, was supposed to be part of the trade, but was left out for comp pick reasoning, not sure for which team. That's via Shefter or Rapaport
    Please don't let it be Hoyer he sucks I'm a Patriots fan he wasn't good here is first time around. I'd
    rather have Favre or Peyton come out of retirement lol.

Little offtopic here but I happen to find it pretty funny that Brady grew up a 49ers fan but yet its the
    backup who gets to play for favorite team as a kid. Also do you think and I know this is way out there that
    Brady may have been a little jealous of Jimmy G? And how do we know that Brady didn't convince Bill to trade him? ' I remember people saying Belichick had high hopes for him last yr.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Little offtopic here but I happen to find it pretty funny that Brady grew up a 49ers fan but yet its the
    backup who gets to play for favorite team as a kid. Also do you think and I know this is way out there that
    Brady may have been a little jealous of Jimmy G? And how do we know that Brady didn't convince Bill to trade him? ' I remember people saying Belichick had high hopes for him last yr.
    Makes me wonder what changed and that they were willing to trade him instead.

I mean we all know the success of backup patriot quarterbacks elsewhere in the league

Exciting! Can't wait for next game, was really getting bored with the same story every game til now. Let's see what this offense can do.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast