Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 333 of 368 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 5511
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    just dont get the reasoning behind reply to every Frank post with negativity... if someone wants to post highlights or positive stats... why bash? of course we all want signs that he's getting better.. posting that he has a +7.4 rating and 66 defensive rating is not desperate... I'm sure if those numbers were reversed certain posters would be all over it... just like people suggesting he wouldn't even make the France team, now it's looking like he may end up starting.
    you know the more I think about this post why are there double standards? why doesn't this logic apply to all Knick players?
    you've become mr negative, and you admit it, but then post this about Frank. Posters have been saying positives about our moves and roster and you jump back with negatives, why the double standard, can you ask yourself the same question?

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    just dont get the reasoning behind reply to every Frank post with negativity... if someone wants to post highlights or positive stats... why bash? of course we all want signs that he's getting better.. posting that he has a +7.4 rating and 66 defensive rating is not desperate... I'm sure if those numbers were reversed certain posters would be all over it... just like people suggesting he wouldn't even make the France team, now it's looking like he may end up starting.
    Haha stilla maybe, but I don't think anyone else cares - It's good that he's getting in work, but this has no bearing on anything NBA. I'm not so sure he wouldn't just be better off working/training here stateside with teammates. Rather than further entrenching himself in a style that is not played here much.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Haha stilla maybe, but I don't think anyone else cares - It's good that he's getting in work, but this has no bearing on anything NBA. I'm not so sure he wouldn't just be better off working/training here stateside with teammates. Rather than further entrenching himself in a style that is not played here much.
    lol, actually no, there has been too much that could be posted that you just don't, I think he has an up hill battle with this roster seeing the court.

Imagine if every time Frank blinked it wasn't posted this thread would be long done.......these posts just make you respond lol......

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    lol, actually no, there has been too much that could be posted that you just don't, I think he has an up hill battle with this roster seeing the court.

Imagine if every time Frank blinked it wasn't posted this thread would be long done.......these posts just make you respond lol......
    Dude you write a thinly veiled essay every time someone posts a stat or vid of him - lol it's clearly targeted at you. I mean I agree with you, but let a few slide.

People having a hard time distinguishing between negativity and indifference. He's just not a factor I'm thinking about. Fringe roster player trying to prove he belongs. Not doing him favors by telling people he's got good defensive ratings in FIBA exhibition games. If you expect anything besides a laugh not sure what to tell ya

OK, so when Frank posts a good defensive rating in the actual FIBA tournament, am I allowed to post it or not?

Just want to confirm with the Frank content police before doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    OK, so when Frank posts a good defensive rating in the actual FIBA tournament, am I allowed to post it or not?

Post what you want - Just don't be shocked by all the "negativity" when you get a "so what" reaction - That's why you're posting right? To get reactions, comments, discourse going?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

Not

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Post what you want - Just don't be shocked by all the "negativity" when you get a "so what" reaction - That's why you're posting right? To get reactions, comments, discourse going?
    Who’s shocked? And the issue is not the “so what” or “FIBA exhibition games don’t matter” reactions, it’s everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    I'm not 100% certain I agree with this take. The Knicks will feature surefire star talents. Frank is not that currently. If Frank wants to become that kind of player, he has to literally "GO GET IT AND TAKE IT!" Honestly John Starks when he came to the Knicks wasn't handed anything. He went out there and grabbed the reigns. The only difference here is that Frank is a late lottery pick.

If we stop looking at him in comparison to top 5 PGs in the league and start looking at him like an Andre Iguodala type *look at his career averages*, you'll realize he's progressing and will be a valuable piece for years to come. That's the kind of player I'm expecting minus the hops.
    If Frank was close to what Iguodala was early on, we wouldn’t be having these conversations. Even Starks, in the early going, showed signs he was a player. Everyone uses these examples, but they don’t fit.

The problem with Frank, is he isn’t progressing. He went backwards. That’s not to say he can’t still go in the right direction. But if he doesn’t show it soon, how long do you wait?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    If Frank was close to what Iguodala was early on, we wouldn’t be having these conversations. Even Starks, in the early going, showed signs he was a player. Everyone uses these examples, but they don’t fit.

The problem with Frank, is he isn’t progressing. He went backwards. That’s not to say he can’t still go in the right direction. But if he doesn’t show it soon, how long do you wait?
    Ok, maybe we should just stop right there. Does this look like Frank? Rookie yr Igy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI_9omfvxfU

Based on the sample size, Frank sucks. He might already be looking forward to taking his NBA contract money, and moving to play in France or Spain for the next few seasons and retire at 30. Then he can live a nice life working as a middle class person with a few million in the bank and a wonderful home. We should all suck like that. Don't feel bad for him if he sucks by NBA standards the rest of his life is going to be good if he has half a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Ok, maybe we should just stop right there. Does this look like Frank? Rookie yr Igy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI_9omfvxfU
    So you’ve never seen Frank do any of that? I agree..

But, but, but, look at FIBA..

The Knicks don't develop their draft picks. Check it. Most of the Knicks' draft picks over the years have 2 seasons (3 max) before they are moved. It's sink or swim.

Watch the Spurs...and the Spurs East Coast, the Brooklyn Nets. They take a player and teach them ONE strength. Harness it, build their confidence. Then year two, they expand their game, strength, and conditioning. Year three they increase their minutes and develop plays around them.

The Knicks don't do squat. Right off the bat, they're trying to teach RJ Barrett point guard duties before he's played ONE game as a pro. This is a terrible idea. Why? Cause they're not convinced Dennis Smith Jr is a point guard (see Rick Carlisle that couldn't wait to drive DSJR to the airport).

I wish the Knicks would do the obvious: Trade Frank to San Antonio or Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The Knicks don't develop their draft picks. Check it. Most of the Knicks' draft picks over the years have 2 seasons (3 max) before they are moved. It's sink or swim.

Watch the Spurs...and the Spurs East Coast, the Brooklyn Nets. They take a player and teach them ONE strength. Harness it, build their confidence. Then year two, they expand their game, strength, and conditioning. Year three they increase their minutes and develop plays around them.

The Knicks don't do squat. Right off the bat, they're trying to teach RJ Barrett point guard duties before he's played ONE game as a pro. This is a terrible idea. Why? Cause they're not convinced Dennis Smith Jr is a point guard (see Rick Carlisle that couldn't wait to drive DSJR to the airport).

I wish the Knicks would do the obvious: Trade Frank to San Antonio or Memphis.
    this is just negative and dreadful?

who didn't we develop that you know developed when they were not a Knick?

Let's start they didn't develop KP? The improvement from year one to two and then three were all amazing?
    They didn't develop Dotson?
    They didn't develop Mitch from the start till finish of last year?

So who didn't develop?

Cleanthony Early? Okay how did he do after he left us?
    Shumpert? He played probably his best ball being developed with the Knicks how did the rest of his career go?
    Jordan Hill? How did he do after his one year stint with us after the trade?
    Gallo and Chandler both traded and were developed to be traded for Melo and Billups
    Balkman?
    Wally? Most here said he would be a stud, he didn't get on the court till injuries and still didn't get minutes.

Maybe the Knicks were a victim of where they drafted and nothing to do with development?

You want to judge development? let's see how Knox, Trier, Dotson, RJ, Iggy, Mitch keep developing then get back to us, Okay?

Don't use Frank who Knicks have given more than enough opportunities too, less than one minute of playing time than the leader Timmy for the Knicks......sometimes it's just the player.......See Sixers for great examples.

Better examples are teams like the Lakers who gave up on their young players starting with D-lo, and then Randle and then the rest for AD. Bet that D-lo trade is haunting them.

I guess Dallas did a poor job with DSJ? He was on the block long before the KP trade.

How about the number one pick in Fultz, Sixers don't know how to develop players?

Dunn in Minny, Heild in NO, Oladipo in two cities., Sabonis in OKc, Chris in SAC,

this list is endless and that is not exaggeration.....but let's focus on the crummy players the Knicks drafted over the years and say we didn't develop them?

Oh and Memphis is comical for development you want to see the list of 1st round picks they didn't develop?

Wade Baldwin, Jerrell Martin, Jordan Adams, Tony Wroten, (Henry, Jones, Vazquez all firsts in same year lol),
    Thabeet, Carrol,

So that goes back to 2009 lol yet there are posts about the Knicks and move Frank to Memphis for development, this is classic.