Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 415 of 428 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 6410
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Lets hope so, but just look at how far Frank has to go to be a top 3 or 5 player, even on a team like the Knicks. I don't think he'll ever be a top 3 or 5 guy on a good team. But he doesn't have to be to be a contributor which is fine but we knick fans let Frank love get the best of us sometimes.
    Not that itís saying much considering our talent pool but heís our 3rd best young prospect by a good margin.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Not that itís saying much considering our talent pool but heís our 3rd best young prospect by a good margin.
    You think he is a lot better then Dotson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

When you have 3 yrs under your belt, you're not a prospect anymore. Not to mention that we said top 3 to 5player on the team...not top 3 prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    When you have 3 yrs under your belt, you're not a prospect anymore. Not to mention that we said top 3 to 5player on the team...not top 3 prospect.
    Ha well I didnít say top 3 player on the team that was someone else

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Uhh, hmm... interesting point, and no not necessarily, but i like Dotson a lot and more than most probably. Heís a motion shooter which imo is something we should absolutely hold onto. Defensively I also think Dot is solid although Frank is definitely better on that end. Frankís obviously more of a playmaker than Dot/tighter handle etc but the way Dotson scores and his three ball are more important/effective and better than what Frank brings. Honestly I like both of them and would prefer keeping them on small contracts if possible.

I doubt that heíll still be on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Yeah I think Dot is likely gone unfortunately. I think heís a potentially useful rotation guy but if he cost more than like 3/18 I get letting him walk.

unless he's in a trade at 2m he's more than worth keeping on the roster.

Still can't believe Mitch will only make 1.6 and 1.8 next two seasons, probably get extended next season, one would think.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    unless he's in a trade at 2m he's more than worth keeping on the roster.

Still can't believe Mitch will only make 1.6 and 1.8 next two seasons, probably get extended next season, one would think.
    I get it, but I just donít think theyíll bring him back. Another team will give him an offer sheet and the Knicks wonít match.

Yeah I think Dot is likely gone unfortunately. I think heís a potentially useful rotation guy but if he cost more than like 3/18 I get letting him walk.
    I think heís gone for even less than that.

I think heís gone for even less than that.
    for sure, future money right now is going to be determined by how frank, dsj, Mitch look this season.

IMO this staff needs to keep an extra close eye on those three, particularly frank and Mitch, and if they see the kind of improvement they need to see, extend those guys immediately before the price skyrockets. I expect major improvement from both of them this year.

Ive pretty much given up on DSJ. I can give many players legitimate excuses, I just don't think he deserves any or that any of that makes any difference, he's just not a baller imo.

I'd keep Dot at $6m. He's young and has a valuable skillset. And if you notice that most shooters come here and shoot career low %'s, it makes you think Dot, on an actual team could be a 40% 3pt shooter.

Unfortunately we have a lot of role players and role players tend to look better when they are on real teams with actual...well... roles... defined roles that they can succeed in.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I'd keep Dot at $6m. He's young and has a valuable skillset. And if you notice that most shooters come here and shoot career low %'s, it makes you think Dot, on an actual team could be a 40% 3pt shooter.

Unfortunately we have a lot of role players and role players tend to look better when they are on real teams with actual...well... roles... defined roles that they can succeed in.
    Dot is well worth 3 and 18 or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Dot is well worth 3 and 18 or whatever

that we can agree on. he's in that 4-8m range. harder to put value on him b/c he's been on such a crap team.

You look at MIA, or LA and Dot would have a role there, same for Frank.

Damyean Dotson is gone. He's 26 the age where NBA players peak. What you saw is what you got. Not a difference maker. That's $4-6M that the Knicks need to save as now all these kids they drafted are sure to want to get paid.