Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 420 of 429 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 6428
  1. #6286
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Things are just too crowded now. 2 more PG's and 2 more SG's added, not including the non-draftee signing or Leon's first move as a GM, Harper.

    Besides, RJ may play the 2 as well in order to get Knox, Iggy, or Bulluck time at the 3 cause Obi and the PF contingent we just got via trade, are all sitting at the 4. Honestly. the team still looks a little messy right now. I like some of the moves but I think you still have to be a little confused as to our direction, vet or kids play?
    Knox, Iggy & DSJ have to prove theyíre NBA players at this point. If it was me I would play them, develop them to see what we have. But as of now those three along with Quickley & Spellman are the bottom 5 of the depth chart. Thatís just an accurate assessment based off where we last saw them. Knox was one of the worst players in the entire league last year as was DSJ. I still have hope for Knox though.

    Jared Harper isnít making this roster as is. Again I wouldíve preferred him over signing Payton which is imo the worst move Leon has made so far but it is what it is.

  2. #6287
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,366
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Knox, Iggy & DSJ have to prove theyíre NBA players at this point. If it was me I would play them, develop them to see what we have. But as of now those three along with Quickley & Spellman are the bottom 5 of the depth chart. Thatís just an accurate assessment based off where we last saw them. Knox was one of the worst players in the entire league last year as was DSJ. I still have hope for Knox though.

    Jared Harper isnít making this roster as is. Again I wouldíve preferred him over signing Payton which is imo the worst move Leon has made so far but it is what it is.
    Once again, I don't think the Knicks are done. They've crowded Knox, DSjr , and Frank and made it tougher on them all, in regards to fighting for minutes, to a certain degree. Something has to give.

    Unfortunately, Randle, Knox, DSjr, and Frank, all have to be somewhat suspect of their immediate future and role. I don't think the Knicks are done. Management sees what we see but now that every spot can be taken, they can operate from strength, instead of need. I see the method to the madness, but what's this next move?

    #freeIggy

  3. #6288
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Once again, I don't think the Knicks are done. They've crowded Knox, DSjr , and Frank and made it tougher on them all, in regards to fighting for minutes, to a certain degree. Something has to give.

    Unfortunately, Randle, Knox, DSjr, and Frank, all have to be somewhat suspect of their immediate future and role. I don't think the Knicks are done. Management sees what we see but now that every spot can be taken, they can operate from strength, instead of need. I see the method to the madness, but what's this next move?
    Iím with you. Have to think theyíre attempting to move Randle, thatís the only thing Iím fairly certain of. Parking Obi behind him doesnít seem to make much sense, especially considering Obiís not a 19 year old kid coming in. Imo moving Randle will be addition by subtraction so Iíd honestly take a second rounder for him at this point if some team would take him off our hands. I donít want to attach assets to him though to move him, would rather just waive him or see if we can move him at the deadline.

  4. #6289
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,848

    Frank Ntilikina's Projected Outlook Thread

    On Obiís drive to get better....

    https://youtu.be/XuTwWHBIJ9U

  5. #6290
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    52,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Says 4 years of bringing in veterans to play in front of him.
    What would you have suggested? Just D league players under a certain age.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #6291
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    52,660
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Weíll see what he does this year. The past years mean 0
    I agree. He has another shot to earn a job. Itís definitely possible imo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #6292
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,586
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What would you have suggested? Just D league players under a certain age.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Starting Frank at PG in the second half of his rookie year, once it was clear we were out of playoff contention, instead of playing Jarrett Jack and Trey Burke ahead of him. And I certainly would not have traded for Mudiay...

    For his sophomore year, again not playing Trey Burke and Emmanuel Mudiay ahead of him. (Assuming we can't go back and re-do the KP trade), I would have started DSJ and Frank next to each other at PG/SG for the rest of the season.

    Last year, I understand the idea of bringing in Payton to start. Once it became clear we were not going to make the playoffs, that Mills was going to get fired, and that we weren't bringing back any of these guys on one-year deals, I would have pivoted to DSJ and Frank getting the bulk of the minutes again.

  8. #6293
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,586
    ^ And if Frank sucks as bad as half this forum thinks he does, we might have ended up with Luka Doncic, Trae Young, Zion Williamson, or Ja Morant if we actually just played him more.

  9. #6294
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    ^ And if Frank sucks as bad as half this forum thinks he does, we might have ended up with Luka Doncic, Trae Young, Zion Williamson, or Ja Morant if we actually just played him more.
    I agree end of the day the Knicks continuously execute the dumbest strategy year after year. Hopefully this season is different. This next draft is loaded.

  10. #6295
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    52,660

    Frank Ntilikina's Projected Outlook Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Starting Frank at PG in the second half of his rookie year, once it was clear we were out of playoff contention, instead of playing Jarrett Jack and Trey Burke ahead of him. And I certainly would not have traded for Mudiay...

    For his sophomore year, again not playing Trey Burke and Emmanuel Mudiay ahead of him. (Assuming we can't go back and re-do the KP trade), I would have started DSJ and Frank next to each other at PG/SG for the rest of the season.

    Last year, I understand the idea of bringing in Payton to start. Once it became clear we were not going to make the playoffs, that Mills was going to get fired, and that we weren't bringing back any of these guys on one-year deals, I would have pivoted to DSJ and Frank getting the bulk of the minutes again.
    Imo thatís a lot special treatment for a kid that was taken 8th and whose ceiling isnít even all star level. Itís not like he got benched long term. That I would have been against. Heís deserved opportunity. I feel like he got it. I donít think he did a good job taking advantage.

    Iím for him continuing to get 20 mins a night to see if he can earn more.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 11-24-2020 at 07:16 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  11. #6296
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,586
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Imo thatís a lot special treatment for a kid that was taken 8th and whose ceiling isnít even all star level. Itís not like he got benched long term. That I would have been against. Heís deserved opportunity. I feel like he got it. I donít think he did a good job taking advantage.

    Iím for him continuing to get 20 mins a night to see if he can earn more.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Itís how a top ten pick should be treated, particularly on a team thatís never even been close to making the playoffs. He may not have ever been benched long term, but he was benched repeatedly and intermittently, and for players who had no future here.

    Iíd be happy if he got 20 mins a night this year, but Iím not holding my breath. I think heís gone before January, and even if he survives this year, weíre not bringing him back.

  12. #6297
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    52,660

    Frank Ntilikina's Projected Outlook Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Itís how a top ten pick should be treated, particularly on a team thatís never even been close to making the playoffs. He may not have ever been benched long term, but he was benched repeatedly and intermittently, and for players who had no future here.

    Iíd be happy if he got 20 mins a night this year, but Iím not holding my breath. I think heís gone before January, and even if he survives this year, weíre not bringing him back.
    I think he should be given an opportunity to play even if he might not be the best choice then rewarded if he earns it. I think he got that. I think heíll get a shot this year too. I fee like he might be more comfortable being a wing this year. I actual think he best suited as a wing in a small ball line up. I think Thibs might find him a role. I also think itís possible they Thibs abandons him if he is too indecisive


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #6298
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,586
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think he should be given an opportunity to play even if he might not be the best choice then rewarded if he earns it. I think he got that. I think heíll get a shot this year too. I fee like he might be more comfortable being a wing this year. I actual think he best suited as a wing in a small ball line up. I think Thibs might find him a role. I also think itís possible they Thibs abandons him if he is too indecisive


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I donít disagree. I hope he gets a shot this year and his play demands a spot in the rotation.

  14. #6299
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,905
    I donít think many here even looked at his month by month shooting splits and his home and away shooting splits. If you break that down you will see month by month improvement. You will also see he plays better as a starter and with more minutes, but also he shoots it better overall away from MSG.

    I think Frank can play itís the matter of just letting a coach start him give him minutes and let him loose. Thibs cares about defense and in that Frank has the leg up.

    https://www.basketball-reference.com.../shooting/2020

  15. #6300
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,801
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    I donít think many here even looked at his month by month shooting splits and his home and away shooting splits. If you break that down you will see month by month improvement. You will also see he plays better as a starter and with more minutes, but also he shoots it better overall away from MSG.

    I think Frank can play itís the matter of just letting a coach start him give him minutes and let him loose. Thibs cares about defense and in that Frank has the leg up.

    https://www.basketball-reference.com.../shooting/2020
    I have. Heís just extremely inconsistent. Every time he has a good game or 2, we all think maybe something is going on. Then he stinks for 4 in a row. Part of the reason he hasnít grabbed more steady minutes. And it really wasnít ďmonth by monthĒ improvement. Pretty much was a good last 6 games, shooting wise (one good game from 3)

    Also, Frank shoots at low volume. Itís not really saying much. And he basically is getting great looks, they barely guard him. He should be hitting at a much higher clip
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-25-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •