Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 292 of 310 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 4643
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    I remember year 1. Frank did not get a pass from most. He just killed it so hard on defense those that actually put any stock into defense had to take note.

Last year I am not trying to act like he was great. Just stating that we played better with him because of his D and ball moving mentality on offense.

But the fact of life is people will always value scoring over defense even when scoring has been made so abundant bad teams can average over 100 points.

I deleted what I was going to write. Don't want to go back down that hole.

Yes he should be able to score more but in today's game being able to disrupt an offenses game plan is so much more valuable on an individual level. Because teams can find ways to score, but a bad defender ruins your whole defensive integrity shape and balance.
    I think the entire NBA probably disagrees with you. Guards and wings who can't score don't play, you can probably name one or two guys who actually make a living on defense alone. Teams force a switch and boom, the guard defender is off the ball. Guards are limited in how much impact they can have on defense in today's NBA.

Frank is not really disrupting anything on defense by himself. He can be part of a great defensive unit, but if your guard is a dud on offense it's far more of a detriment than having a weak guard defender.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    beginning of what? You are now putting Knox at PF who got manhandled. Who is the shot maker in that lineup?

Not only now we are taking a guy the knicks don't have plans for him and the league so far won't even give up a 2nd round pick we are now starting him and to do that moving Knox out of the SF spot where he needs to develop. Fans need to look at Knox' lower body and legs, they are not developed at all for PF duties.

We just drafted RJ and I think got two prospects that will make the team and even get some minutes, and we are still not only worried about Frank but starting him?

Yes we all have different opinions but the ones that don't have Frank starting are the one's that are actually reading what is going on, and seeing all the signs.

If there was even a hint that this was possible I could see all these posts, but where is even the hint?

Frank is 6'6 and long so start him? RJ is 6'8 leave him at SG and I'm glad from all reports that is where he will play and Knox will remain at SF.

Even in this scenario, why does Frank get the nod over either Trier or Dotson? Someone please tell me that Frank earned it over Dotson?
    I completely agree, Still I don't know why you even bother to keep beating this dead horse. If posters can fool theirselves into believing Frank plays good or winning basketball they lose all credibility. These be the same posters who will tell you the shortcomings of someone like Kyrie and say they don't want him, and then turn around and say we need to start Frank, go figure

Quote Originally Posted by kartyea View Post
    I completely agree, Still I don't know why you even bother to keep beating this dead horse. If posters can fool theirselves into believing Frank plays good or winning basketball they lose all credibility. These be the same posters who will tell you the shortcomings of someone like Kyrie and say they don't want him, and then turn around and say we need to start Frank, go figure
    yep i'll start Frank pick up his option and in two seasons he'll make 8.5m, but i'll be damned if I'm going to give a 24 year old freak athlete anything who put up in the second half of last season 24.21/8.7/3.1.........because you know anyone can put up those numbers........

Being real I'm pumped to watch Allen this year, he has the ability to be a VanFleet type player, and we have him on a Two way contract and yet no conversation because we have Frank?

And to ANYer, stats say much differently about Frank's defense, it actually declined from his rookie season. If he even stayed the same okay but he declined in his biggest strength..........we gravitate to those OMG moments but then lose site of those getting beat off the dribble or back door, and always beat to the boards, giving up yet another possession or is that not part of defense any more? Maybe I missed that memo?

I'd love Frank on a min contract, really would, love him as a mid to late round first, damn would I but not as a #8 pick taking up a roster spot.

Honest question, how would Frank do in the G-league? As good as Jenkins? As good as Trey? as good as Allen?

The list to be honest is extremely long......I would actually love to see this for a few games. Give him the keys in the G-league, let the scouts evaluate him there.

Should dominate right?

If Frank stays, he should play in the SL. If he doesnít show flashes that he can be one of the best, better players on the floor, Iíd be REALLY concerned headed into the season.

Do you guys agree?

Quote Originally Posted by knickfanatic View Post
    If Frank stays, he should play in the SL. If he doesnít show flashes that he can be one of the best, better players on the floor, Iíd be REALLY concerned headed into the season.

Do you guys agree?
    Iíd like him to play in SL - heís supposed to also play for France this summer in FIBA.

beginning of what? You are now putting Knox at PF who got manhandled. Who is the shot maker in that lineup?

Not only now we are taking a guy the knicks don't have plans for him and the league so far won't even give up a 2nd round pick we are now starting him and to do that moving Knox out of the SF spot where he needs to develop. Fans need to look at Knox' lower body and legs, they are not developed at all for PF duties.

We just drafted RJ and I think got two prospects that will make the team and even get some minutes, and we are still not only worried about Frank but starting him?

Yes we all have different opinions but the ones that don't have Frank starting are the one's that are actually reading what is going on, and seeing all the signs.

If there was even a hint that this was possible I could see all these posts, but where is even the hint?

Frank is 6'6 and long so start him? RJ is 6'8 leave him at SG and I'm glad from all reports that is where he will play and Knox will remain at SF.

Even in this scenario, why does Frank get the nod over either Trier or Dotson? Someone please tell me that Frank earned it over Dotson?
    Knox is 6í9 and itís not out of the question that he could play PF, although yes he definitely seems like more of a 3 as of now. But again these are all kids and you donít know any better than I do where they end up as players in 3-4+ years as much as you like to pretend you do. You like Kadeem Allen? So do I. Heís 26.

I also like Dot. Heís 25. Id be fine starting him this season at the 2.

DSJ-Trier-RJ at the 1-2-3 is laughable man. You want to put 3 extremely ball dominant guys next to each other? Recipe for disaster.

I get that people inside of the org may be down on Frank/wanted to trade him. The starting 5 will be determined by camp so weíll see what happens then.

I donít understand why posters seem to get upset with others offering a different opinion/perspective. Isnít that the point of a forum? Or do you just want everyone to automatically agree with everything you say?

Again I have no doubt in my mind that frank will be the PG of our future if we play him consistent mins. Allow the kid to make mistakes and learn from them. We're sitting on a ****ing gem. Knicks stop being idiots

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Again I have no doubt in my mind that frank will be the PG of our future if we play him consistent mins. Allow the kid to make mistakes and learn from them. We're sitting on a ****ing gem. Knicks stop being idiots
    You think they haven't seen more him than you? Frank is trash, if you call that cubic zirconia a gem then you're not really into jewelry. Too bad it's not another GM like you out there, we could've gotten a first rounder for the bum, but as it goes now it almost makes more sense to cut ties than pay him. I guess the rest of the league is idiots also? Everyone believed Pop wanted him, well he could've for pennies on the dollar, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see he is not an NBA player more or less an NBA pg.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Knox is 6í9 and itís not out of the question that he could play PF, although yes he definitely seems like more of a 3 as of now. But again these are all kids and you donít know any better than I do where they end up as players in 3-4+ years as much as you like to pretend you do. You like Kadeem Allen? So do I. Heís 26.

I also like Dot. Heís 25. Id be fine starting him this season at the 2.

DSJ-Trier-RJ at the 1-2-3 is laughable man. You want to put 3 extremely ball dominant guys next to each other? Recipe for disaster.

I get that people inside of the org may be down on Frank/wanted to trade him. The starting 5 will be determined by camp so weíll see what happens then.

I donít understand why posters seem to get upset with others offering a different opinion/perspective. Isnít that the point of a forum? Or do you just want everyone to automatically agree with everything you say?
    I don't know anything that is the funny part, I go back actions and all the players the KNicks brought in and the trade rumors and now not being taken for a 2nd round pick that is what I go by, I don't have in the know either do you or any other poster here.

the actions of the FO and coach have been saying this for awhile now starting with trey, Mudiay, DSJ, Allen, Jenkins, playing Dotson ahead of him, that is not me, those are real actions. Before Fiz was even a thought we traded for Mudiay giving up a good shooter who was expiring, and not one but two second round picks, and it wasn't because we had so much confidence in Frank.
    New coach he does what in his opening speech? Not that I agreed with it but I'm not in the know lol....and low and behold Mudiay to my surprise had some really eye opening games. Allen showed he belonged, and we made sure we got DSJ back in trade and immediately started him.

Mudiay is young, what if we could replace Frank's 4.8m salary with say 3m for mudiay, does that make more sense from a Knick perspective if they won't give up the cap space? that was just an example but my point you replied to is now your starting Frank over who DSJ? RJ?

I don't have Trier starting BTW, I have RJ at the two because that is what the Knicks are saying and Knox at the three so why are you laughing at a DSJ, Trier , and RJ I never said that my quote said leave RJ at 6'8 at the SG spot didn't it? I said then why would Frank then get the nod over Dot and Trier who come off the bench because Knox is a SF for the Knicks even though you want him at PF because that may be his position of the future?

And yes opinions are great, but we also have to take into account reality and what the Knicks are actually doing and saying......

I'm trying to figure out if the Knicks sit back and do nothing how they are filling out their roster if the rumor they only want to have three guys, in Kyrie, Kawhi and KD.......

Not sure who is coming for one year deals? Going to be very interesting come Friday into the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by kartyea View Post
    You think they haven't seen more him than you? Frank is trash, if you call that cubic zirconia a gem then you're not really into jewelry. Too bad it's not another GM like you out there, we could've gotten a first rounder for the bum, but as it goes now it almost makes more sense to cut ties than pay him. I guess the rest of the league is idiots also? Everyone believed Pop wanted him, well he could've for pennies on the dollar, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see he is not an NBA player more or less an NBA pg.
    yea the NBA PG is a real reach, he is too slow and methodical. Unless you want the PG who gives the ball to RJ and becomes an outside sniper? oh wait!!!

I have to wonder now that we got another two 6'8 wings, one at #44 and the other after the draft if they pass Frank in the org chart?

I think Knicks are pretty high on both of them and they will get a really good look, I'm excited for them.

I could only imagine the Knicks FO in the last two years having 4 key contributors with 2 picked in round two and two not drafted, that would actually be pretty cool and add in Allen to the Mix.

that is how some teams get to be great, look at GS, where Dray was picked. Look no further than Toronto not one guy picked in the lottery........

I don't know anything that is the funny part, I go back actions and all the players the KNicks brought in and the trade rumors and now not being taken for a 2nd round pick that is what I go by, I don't have in the know either do you or any other poster here.

the actions of the FO and coach have been saying this for awhile now starting with trey, Mudiay, DSJ, Allen, Jenkins, playing Dotson ahead of him, that is not me, those are real actions. Before Fiz was even a thought we traded for Mudiay giving up a good shooter who was expiring, and not one but two second round picks, and it wasn't because we had so much confidence in Frank.
    New coach he does what in his opening speech? Not that I agreed with it but I'm not in the know lol....and low and behold Mudiay to my surprise had some really eye opening games. Allen showed he belonged, and we made sure we got DSJ back in trade and immediately started him.

Mudiay is young, what if we could replace Frank's 4.8m salary with say 3m for mudiay, does that make more sense from a Knick perspective if they won't give up the cap space? that was just an example but my point you replied to is now your starting Frank over who DSJ? RJ?

I don't have Trier starting BTW, I have RJ at the two because that is what the Knicks are saying and Knox at the three so why are you laughing at a DSJ, Trier , and RJ I never said that my quote said leave RJ at 6'8 at the SG spot didn't it? I said then why would Frank then get the nod over Dot and Trier who come off the bench because Knox is a SF for the Knicks even though you want him at PF because that may be his position of the future?

And yes opinions are great, but we also have to take into account reality and what the Knicks are actually doing and saying......

I'm trying to figure out if the Knicks sit back and do nothing how they are filling out their roster if the rumor they only want to have three guys, in Kyrie, Kawhi and KD.......

Not sure who is coming for one year deals? Going to be very interesting come Friday into the weekend.
    You asked why Frank would start over Trier so thatís what I was addressing.

Iím not a fan of Mudiay at all.

Youíre talking about the team like everything is set but again these are 20 year olds weíre talking about. I understand the org may be thinking one thing... that doesnít mean I have to agree with their thinking. Iím simply offering what I think they should do. Obviously I have no say in what actually happens.

Also Fiz has proven nothing to me as of yet - still not sure what I think of him so we shall see.
    Last edited by HeartOfStarks; 06-25-2019 at 04:21 PM.

You asked why Frank would start over Trier so thatís what I was addressing.

Iím not a fan of Mudiay at all.

Youíre talking about the team like everything is set but again these are 20 year olds weíre talking about. I understand the org may be thinking one thing... that doesnít mean I have to agree with their thinking. Iím simply offering what I think they should do. Obviously I have no say in what actually happens.

Also Fiz has proven nothing to me as of yet - still not sure what I think of him so we shall see.
    Actually Fiz is better than most based on allowing a 17 win season on his resume, so we really can't judge anything but from what I saw in Memphis and how the Ex heat players talk about him, i'll give him leeway right now for sure.

Actually Fiz is better than most based on allowing a 17 win season on his resume, so we really can't judge anything but from what I saw in Memphis and how the Ex heat players talk about him, i'll give him leeway right now for sure.
    Haha well sure he didnít sabotage the tank (although with our roster it was close to inevitable).

Iím really talking about his ďoffenseĒ though. Personally I like coaches who run some kind of effective offensive system, even if itís simple as long as it works.

I honestly canít tell what Fiz was running last year, looked like streetball to me.

Haha well sure he didnít sabotage the tank (although with our roster it was close to inevitable).

Iím really talking about his ďoffenseĒ though. Personally I like coaches who run some kind of effective offensive system, even if itís simple as long as it works.

I honestly canít tell what Fiz was running last year, looked like streetball to me.
    then I guess he accomplished what he set out to do, but what does Houston's offense look like then?

then I guess he accomplished what he set out to do, but what does Houston's offense look like then?
    He's asking can he adjust to his roster or is he one way poor man's dantoni.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk