Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 428 of 429 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429 LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 6428
  1. #6406
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,984
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Keep hearing how we are saving cap..Not sure for who

    Apparently we will just keep handing out one year deals, and have pretty much a brand new team every year
    Paul George and Jrue Holiday....

    Kidding, I don't know, but there are plenty of names and let's stop acting like this isn't a concept that nearly all rebuilding teams abide by. This isn't exclusive to the Knicks. Hinkie changed the game in more ways than just tanking.

    I think because of how the Knicks have been the last 20 years, we are just conditioned to thinking differently as a fanbase and also because it's like "it's NY," but how you feel right now is how most other teams feel while going through this process...just not as big of a deal is made of it because those other teams aren't NY.
    Last edited by smood999; 12-02-2020 at 06:59 PM.

  2. #6407
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,800
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Paul George and Jrue Holiday....

    Kidding, I don't know, but there are plenty of names and let's stop acting like this isn't a concept that nearly all rebuilding teams abide by. This isn't exclusive to the Knicks. Hinkie changed the game in more ways than just tanking.

    I think because of how the Knicks have been the last 20 years, we are just conditioned to thinking differently as a fanbase and also because it's like "it's NY," but how you feel right now is how most other teams feel while going through this process...just not as big of a deal is made of it because those other teams aren't NY.
    But where I disagree, is the idea that “The Process” works any better than other methods. Took them 4 years of Hinkies blatant tanking, and only got better when they hit on the Ben Simmons sweepstakes.

    There are other ways. Passing on good players at reasonable dollars, I just can’t get down with, especially when they fill big backcourt holes, that I don’t see definite solutions for in the future. Add in a win-now owner, a win-now coach, it makes less sense

  3. #6408
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    28,325
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Yes I have and I still don’t think he is a good finisher or a guy that you would allow to be totally ball dominant like Wade or Kobe that why I asked. I do think he going to be good I just don’t see this run everything through me guy people seem to be projecting him to be


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have imagined RJ playing with Eddie Jones? I was just joking. That's a really weird fantasy.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  4. #6409
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    52,660
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    You have imagined RJ playing with Eddie Jones? I was just joking. That's a really weird fantasy.
    I thought about if “spacing” is stopping him from being D Wade


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #6410
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    32,187
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Paul George and Jrue Holiday....

    Kidding, I don't know, but there are plenty of names and let's stop acting like this isn't a concept that nearly all rebuilding teams abide by. This isn't exclusive to the Knicks. Hinkie changed the game in more ways than just tanking.

    I think because of how the Knicks have been the last 20 years, we are just conditioned to thinking differently as a fanbase and also because it's like "it's NY," but how you feel right now is how most other teams feel while going through this process...just not as big of a deal is made of it because those other teams aren't NY.
    I’d take Jrue and PG. RJ and toppin become stars
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  6. #6411
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    70,332

    Frank Ntilikina's Projected Outlook Thread

    Last edited by YoungStuna; 12-04-2020 at 08:56 PM.

  7. #6412
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,529
    Thibs today on Frank:

    “I like Frank," he said. "Obviously, we didn't have a lot of time this summer to spend around each other. But (I’m) getting to know him now and there's things that he does very, very well.

    “He's got good size, he's versatile defensively, and he works hard, so I want to see what he can do.”

  8. #6413
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    52,660
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Thibs today on Frank:

    “I like Frank," he said. "Obviously, we didn't have a lot of time this summer to spend around each other. But (I’m) getting to know him now and there's things that he does very, very well.

    “He's got good size, he's versatile defensively, and he works hard, so I want to see what he can do.”
    Good. I want him to play. I also want him to have a clearly defined role when he does. Frank is not turning into Steve Nash. Acknowledge his strengths, play to them, and see how impactful he can be


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #6414
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,529
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Good. I want him to play. I also want him to have a clearly defined role when he does. Frank is not turning into Steve Nash. Acknowledge his strengths, play to them, and see how impactful he can be


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    100% agree

  10. #6415
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,529
    Bondy today:

    Frank Ntilikina said he's going to be playing both guard positions. "The good thing with me is I can guard multiple positions. I know the plays. I’m versatile."

    Just posting this because there was that whole “Frank refuses to play off ball” story that I knew was BS. Knicks fans buy everything the media (including amateur podcasters) throw at us. It’s mostly unsubstantiated garbage.

    Anyway if Frank is going to play off ball he needs to learn to cut and move constantly without the ball, and shoot better obviously. I have my concerns for him there almost as much as at the 1, he’s got a long way to go if he ever gets to consistently average or better on offense but hopefully this season is a step in the right direction. Less than 24 hours now let’s goooo!

  11. #6416
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    70,332
    Please no more Frank at PG. Let him do what he does best, defend multiple positions and stay in the corner for the occasional 3.

  12. #6417
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    49,292
    Rivers could be out all preseason

  13. #6418
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,252
    It's been reported that the Knicks offered Frank up in the past for a second rounder and no team wanted that deal last year. Now imagine, other teams not believing that Frank is going to be a perennial all star pg. Frank is a hopefully a three and D guy off the bench on a good team. Can we all finally agree to that as his real potential ?

  14. #6419
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    52,660
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Please no more Frank at PG. Let him do what he does best, defend multiple positions and stay in the corner for the occasional 3.
    Agreed 100%


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #6420
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    35,048
    tonights the big night, Frank season 4 start.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •