Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 424 of 429 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426 ... LastLast
Results 6,346 to 6,360 of 6428
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Frank moving off ball is fine, but to be effective in that role heís going to need to learn to move/cut without the ball. Right now he sucks at that imo.

In fairness our entire team pretty much sucks at that. Itís one of my biggest issues with our roster construction over the years and why I feel weíre constantly far behind the rest of the league. And why I liked Vassell so much. We just donít seem to understand the need for motion players and itís frustrating. Moving targets make offenses less predictable and harder to defend.

Hopefully someone in the Knicks FO figures this out at some point and we actually begin adding real motion threats to this team.
    Honestly, even if he just learns to hit a corner three, that would be enough to make him a net positive player if he covers the toughest defensive assignment on a nightly basis on the other end (ala Bruce Bowen.)

His shot would need to get there though.

I think the idea of him being a point guard should is past due but being an elite defensive wing who can hit open shots to spread the court is not a bad player to have moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Honestly, even if he just learns to hit a corner three, that would be enough to make him a net positive player if he covers the toughest defensive assignment on a nightly basis on the other end (ala Bruce Bowen.)

His shot would need to get there though.

I think the idea of him being a point guard should is past due but being an elite defensive wing who can hit open shots to spread the court is not a bad player to have moving forward.
    He hit 52% on corner threes this year. A savvy coach will set him up to get more of those looks because you maximize him by doing so.

But again itís just about overall roster construction imo and the fact that we never seem to target motion shooters, and when we do itís like a 32 year old Wayne Ellington. Iím not sure our front office knows what a motion shooter is.

I think San Antonio got away with yet another steal by taking Vassell. We just never seem to go after that archetype and I truly do not understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Thatís too much. Based on what Dunn got, I donít think thereís any chance he gets that on the open market.
    He hit 52% on corner threes this year. A savvy coach will set him up to get more of those looks because you maximize him by doing so.

But again itís just about overall roster construction imo and the fact that we never seem to target motion shooters, and when we do itís like a 32 year old Wayne Ellington. Iím not sure our front office knows what a motion shooter is.

I think San Antonio got away with yet another steal by taking Vassell. We just never seem to go after that archetype and I truly do not understand it.
    Let it go man... let it go...

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Let it go man... let it go...
    Ha well... I will try. I am excited to see Obi play. Hopefully as a starter but I guess weíll see soon.

Ha well... I will try. I am excited to see Obi play. Hopefully as a starter but I guess weíll see soon.
    Thatís the spirit! I also excited to see Obi and I love both Spurs picks. I think Vassell will be good and Jones has a good chance to make it as a second rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Thatís the spirit! I also excited to see Obi and I love both Spurs picks. I think Vassell will be good and Jones has a good chance to make it as a second rounder.

End of the day I bleed orange and blue. 11 days til tip-off 😎

I see 48% on BR, but corner 3s were only 18% of his total 3PT attempts. That number should be higher.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I see 48% on BR, but corner 3s were only 18% of his total 3PT attempts. That number should be higher.
    Yeah I mean Iím pretty convinced Fizdale is legitimately clueless as a coach. Maybe as like a high school coach or division 2 or 3 college coach heíd be okay but heís not an NBA coach imo. Hornacek I donít think is much better tbh.

Mike Miller actually seems to know what heís doing but heís fighting for credibility/to establish himself. Iím not sure he gets another head coaching gig in the league although he probably deserves a shot.

I preferred Kenny Atkinson as the hire this year but I like Thibs. At the very least I know heís a real NBA coach. Hopefully a lot of the nonsense from last year is gone and we see him maximize these guys. Still think Randle only gunks everything up for us. Iíd rather see Obi at the 4 with Knox and Spellman battling for backup minutes. Flip Randle/DSJ for Rozier or George Hill, gives us more shooting at guard.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I think on a decent team as a wing he can be a guy that gets some stand still open 3s and an occasional duck in where he takes advantage of teams over helping to get an easy one. He not a good offensive player so asking him to have the ball all the time is a mistake. His job on that end should be simple

I've always believed in Frank Ntilikina and I still do.

Frank got a raw deal. He couldn't have 2 worse coaches than Jeff Hornacek and David Fizdale. Two twats who couldn't develop a player, even if he was the next Kawhi Leonard.

Then he had Mike Miller who was dumb enough to think if he played the vets, he would not only be doing Scott Perry a favor with "assets" to move and/or flirt with the playoffs. Instead the Knicks only moved Morris, then lost valuable percentage points in the lottery.

A clueless Front Office who didn't know how to develop players let alone fill out a Front Office. Horrible.

I'm hoping this is the season where Frank turns the corner. He already has good chemistry with RJ Barrett.

It took Kawhi 3 seasons till he broke out...similar with Giannis....Goran Dragic took 5 seasons.

The will and desire is there. Patience is the key.

If Frank can't crack the rotation with Thibs who lives and breaths defense, then I am confident that Frank is not much of a player. If Thibs sees his value and sticks him firmly in the rotation I am fully on board with locking him up on the "cheap" for a 2-3 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    If Frank can't crack the rotation with Thibs who lives and breaths defense, then I am confident that Frank is not much of a player. If Thibs sees his value and sticks him firmly in the rotation I am fully on board with locking him up on the "cheap" for a 2-3 year deal.
    Thibs will get blamed if Frank doesnít play as much as people would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    I've always believed in Frank Ntilikina and I still do.

Frank got a raw deal. He couldn't have 2 worse coaches than Jeff Hornacek and David Fizdale. Two twats who couldn't develop a player, even if he was the next Kawhi Leonard.

Then he had Mike Miller who was dumb enough to think if he played the vets, he would not only be doing Scott Perry a favor with "assets" to move and/or flirt with the playoffs. Instead the Knicks only moved Morris, then lost valuable percentage points in the lottery.

A clueless Front Office who didn't know how to develop players let alone fill out a Front Office. Horrible.

I'm hoping this is the season where Frank turns the corner. He already has good chemistry with RJ Barrett.

It took Kawhi 3 seasons till he broke out...similar with Giannis....Goran Dragic took 5 seasons.

The will and desire is there. Patience is the key.
    This. Can we give Frank 30 games of 30 min and see what he is? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    This. Can we give Frank 30 games of 30 min and see what he is? Please?
    Sure weíve given him 240 of 25

Frank Ntilikina's Projected Outlook Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Sure weíve given him 240 of 25

Lol not quite, but heís definitely been given chances