Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 387 of 402 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 6022
    Is Rican really still talking about Brogdon?

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    It would be so unlike the Knicks to have a good PG, coach and FO
    Don’t think there’s been anyone that qualifies as “good PG” on the Knicks in my time as a fan. Unless you count Marbury, who was equally good and bad at times, or an old Kidd

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Don’t think there’s been anyone that qualifies as “good PG” on the Knicks in my time as a fan. Unless you count Marbury, who was equally good and bad at times, or an old Kidd
    what is your time? Mark Jackson? Derek Harper?

Man I was lucky got to see and watch Clyde at 10 then watch him and the Pearl just a few years later. First trade I could remember was the Dave Debuss trade and the sports pages crushed the knicks for making it and wound up being a the Trade to get two rings.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    what is your time? Mark Jackson? Derek Harper?

Man I was lucky got to see and watch Clyde at 10 then watch him and the Pearl just a few years later. First trade I could remember was the Dave Debuss trade and the sports pages crushed the knicks for making it and wound up being a the Trade to get two rings.
    I’d say my memories are as far back as early 90s. I guess those 2 were the closest, although neither were top level

Frank Ntilikina's Projected Outlook Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    unless you really just think Frank is trash, it makes no sense to move him for a 2nd rounder considering our PG and defensive situation. wouldn't even move him for a late 1st.

Now if you tell me MIL takes him in a S&T for Brogs this past summer, now we're talking. something that actually makes us better now and later. vs more late picks when we already have a ton of projects.

i have a feeling by this time next year that 6.3m will look like a steal.
    I agree. He will certainly be worth 6 mil somewhere. He can do something at a pretty elite level I just think some Knicks fan forget how much a guy with giant holes in his game can be exposed when games actual matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-22-2019 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Am I the only one who just wants this guy to go away already? Three years in the league and no progression at all. It's about time to cut the losses. Maybe he can be a Patrick Beverly type of player eventually, but I don't see it happening here. The spotlight seems way too big for him. Last night, in only 3 minutes he folded like a cheap suit.

I don't know if it is because of his dumb face but he always looks scared out there. With that said, he needs to play more too. Part of him looking scared may be that he knows the minute he makes one mistake, he won't see the court the rest of the game.
    Last edited by kyubi256; 10-24-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I agree. He will certainly be worth 6 mil somewhere. He can do something at a pretty elite level I just think some Knicks fan forget how much a guy with giant holes in his game can be exposed when games actual matter.

I think the biggest issue with Frank is that he plays scared because he knows the minute he makes a mistake, he is done for the night. He doesn't really get the "growing pains" because the Knicks are not allowing him to work through his mistakes. I felt the first year he showed flashes of promise, with elite defense and an offensive game that has A LOT of holes. But then last year, he COMPLETELY REGRESSED. And that was 100% expected because the minute he made a mistake on offense, he sat for the rest of the game. Like how do you grow as a player if you are not allowed to make mistakes at all.

The way he was treated last year compared to someone like Knox was just unfair. He had to basically play perfect to get minutes and the minute he messes up a little, he's out of the game completely

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I think the biggest issue with Frank is that he plays scared because he knows the minute he makes a mistake, he is done for the night. He doesn't really get the "growing pains" because the Knicks are not allowing him to work through his mistakes. I felt the first year he showed flashes of promise, with elite defense and an offensive game that has A LOT of holes. But then last year, he COMPLETELY REGRESSED. And that was 100% expected because the minute he made a mistake on offense, he sat for the rest of the game. Like how do you grow as a player if you are not allowed to make mistakes at all.

The way he was treated last year compared to someone like Knox was just unfair. He had to basically play perfect to get minutes and the minute he messes up a little, he's out of the game completely
    No offense but this is BS. He played a significant amount of mins despite playing badly last year. He had chances he just played bad

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    No offense but this is BS. He played a significant amount of mins despite playing badly last year. He had chances he just played bad
    yea I agree some fans need to go back to the video tape. he got pulled because he got quick fouls in some games, he got pulled because he made dumb easy passes for pick 6, and still averaging 21 minutes he got the benefit of the doubt, Fiz didn't tell him to take 2 months to come back from a groin strain, he was playing, just not well.

And guys think the minutes we see in games is the total factor, I'm imagining our PG's are not exactly shining in practice either.

Anyone catch Morris grab Payton after the game? And then had great things to say in the post game about him. What your mates think and how Payton is respected during the game by his mates says a lot, he gets the ball and is trusted with it.

And I was for not playing him, I like how he carries himself on and off the court. He could make a nice back up if we ever get a starting PG on this team. Or one to step up.

Can we dream of VanFleet coming here in FA next year lol......man watching him in that first game, wow, he is one tough 6ft pg......I'd take him over Kemba to be brutally honest. It's October, we can dream, maybe he wants to team with RJ for the rest of his career lol......

I would love to see Frank play. Just wondering has Frank in his seasons ever look as good as RJ has in his two games ? Or has Frank offensively ever done what Ellington did in the loss agaignst Brooklyn ? Frank needs to be playing off the ball as a 3 and D guy or be down starting in the D league right now.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    I would love to see Frank play. Just wondering has Frank in his seasons ever look as good as RJ has in his two games ? Or has Frank offensively ever done what Ellington did in the loss agaignst Brooklyn ? Frank needs to be playing off the ball as a 3 and D guy or be down starting in the D league right now.
    I dint think Frank has never had 2 games as impressive as RJ’s first two and not in a row. Frank has never hit a slew of 3 in the 4th quarter against D to bring the team back. None of our guys are that good and none of them have done anything that demands they be on the floor. Frank will get his shot

Mike Vorkunov
    @MikeVorkunov

Seems like Fizdale is going to go with Dennis Smith Jr. as the Knicks primary backup PG option at the moment. He says he'll keep Frank Ntilikina in his "pocket" if the time is right

This is front office shelling. They need dsj to play because of the trade

Quote Originally Posted by Praise_Di_Yute View Post
    Mike Vorkunov
    @MikeVorkunov

Seems like Fizdale is going to go with Dennis Smith Jr. as the Knicks primary backup PG option at the moment. He says he'll keep Frank Ntilikina in his "pocket" if the time is right

Quote Originally Posted by Praise_Di_Yute View Post
    Mike Vorkunov
    @MikeVorkunov

Yep, they dont need to play frank because theyll claim he wasnt their guy.

So frank isnt getting a real shot, or any real coaching. Thats why he developed more in a few months in fiba than 2 years with the knicks.

If frank sucks thats fine, but not developing him and not giving him a real chance, just so you can play a bunch of scrubs is idiotic.

Reminds me of when we traded matt barnes so that qrich could play, even though barnes was shining, or when we traded ariza.

Frank Ntilikina's Projected Outlook Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Yep, they dont need to play frank because theyll claim he wasnt their guy.

So frank isnt getting a real shot, or any real coaching. Thats why he developed more in a few months in fiba than 2 years with the knicks.

If frank sucks thats fine, but not developing him and not giving him a real chance, just so you can play a bunch of scrubs is idiotic.

Reminds me of when we traded matt barnes so that qrich could play, even though barnes was shining, or when we traded ariza.
    Barnes was cut the first week of the season when we had LB