Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 329 of 335 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 5013
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    a 60 win team fan can appreciate Frank but so many here want to dump him for practically nothing and say he wouldnt even play,
    A troll on PSD appreciates him. You think he plays on the Bucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post

Regardless of team success, Giannis showed flashes right away. Even being completely raw, and not developed physically, you could see the tools. He just kept getting better. Wasn’t hard to be patient with that.
    Still... It took an eye like the one of Jason Kidd (probably the best playmaker ever in this planet) to dare and promote a completely raw player (so raw that he didn't even know how to dribble the ball correctly and had 8!!!! t/o per 36mins) and promote him to the starting roster after only 2 months in the league... and then have him playing all positions (started him at SF, then moved him to SG, then played him at PG for most of his sophomore season so that he can maximize his court vision and playmaking abilities and then, after he adopted it all, he settled him on PF with some minutes on CF and PG whenever he "feels like it" or senses that is what is needed)...

May I remind you that the conversation started by Dr. Detfink saying (correctly) that "the Knicks (or other team I would add) would play him at CF right from the start" and "would insist in playing this" (which would then have caused nowhere the playmaking skills he has now developed)

Middleton and Brogdon were pretty good players from day one they had him.
    You are kidding... right?

Middleton was drafted 39th in the 2nd round of the 2012 draft by the Pistons... He saw the floor only 27 times, was considered trash and was send to the Bucks (in a 3 team deal which had Snell as the main return for the Bucks)... The Bucks did again all the work on him and turned him to a shooter/scorer at first and then (again) when Kidd came over, he started working at his playmaking ending up with a guy that can play all 1, 2, 3 & 4 equally well...

Brogdon was going to be undrafted if the Bucks didn't pick him (again at the 2nd round)... His legs are slow for a PG and he had 2 surgeries on his legs when already at the college... It's again Kidd that recognized he had "tremendous court vision" and said "here is my PG"... The Bucks again trained him in shooting, Kidd taught him ballhandling, passing and hiding his "luck of speed" by "timing his tempo correct" and he ended up winning "ROY" being the first ever 2nd round pick that does so...

Not saying they weren’t good at developing them, but those guys were legit fast. Wasn’t a question of “are they good”, but more “how good will they get”?

It’s easier to have patience and develop a guy that’s obviously a rotation player at worst.
    Giannis was (and is) fast all right... What you miss however, is that there are some others that are faster than Giannis, but look very slow when on a basketball court if compared to Giannis... You know why? It's timing that makes all the difference! and timing can only be taught by skillful tutors on players...

Middleton isn't fast (no where near actually) and Malcom is definitely slow (for a guard)... but (like Giannis) they are both extremely quick... All because their trainers had them learn how to time their movements correct so that their pace gets to the optimum it can with respect to their speed...

I hope you fully understand me...

Therefore yes... all the difference with the Bucks is that they can develop players and create smth out of little... and if they can pick a raw talent like Giannis, they can then make what now is the best player in the world...

It's many more examples one can bring up... Sterling Brown was picked in the 2nd round and started at 2 during the 1st round of the playoffs in only his sophomore season... Pat Connaughton was waived by the Blazers and was picked by the Bucks for peanuts... He ended the season with the Bucks at 122/107 (!!!) O/D rating and averaged more than 20mins on the floor coming from bench in 61 games + the playoffs...

It therefore does make a difference... a huge difference is the correct thing to say...
    Last edited by buckalis; 08-13-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He had no chance. we'll see how he does this year with a team that has competitive talent
    I guess that I didn't see that many signs that he could really coach guys up. He will certainly be a better coach with better talent.

He deserves a shot for sure. It's not fair to judge after last season. I'm just not overly confident in him. Just my feeling.

**** off. Where's my title

Cool story...

Again. Giannis was highly touted. Everyone thought he was going to be a stud. I remember when he first came up, announcers were talking about him.

The Bucks “trained” Brogdon to shoot? So in what, a few months, they magically made him a 45/40/85 player in year one? Dude could shoot in college, dude could play in college. Plays just like he did then. Kudos to them for drafting him, they did good. But there wasn’t any magic there. Also, think it was a horrible move to let him go, he’s a stud. Love his game

Middleton was fighting for minutes, like a lot of young players do. Don’t know if he was considered trash, as he started earning all his time at the end of the year. Wasn’t terrible. Got a chance to play, and played well. The tools were there. Think he’s extremely overpaid now...

If they are such visionaries, how come they totally failed to adjust to Toronto taking Giannis out of the game? Not trying to hate, but you are talking about guys that obviously had something to work with. Let’s not pretend it was all the magic of the staff that taught them how to play. Like it was a miracle or something. Also really have to laugh at patting yourself on the back about Brown and Connaughton. I mean there’s nothing wrong with them, but seriously?

Credit the scouting the most
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-13-2019 at 09:32 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I have to say I have lots of respect for your posts, you don't get posters for other teams that have the ability to post smart and be cordial.

Please post here more often,

FYI, this is a very sore subject around here and Frank is the next God so some wouldn't trade him unless a stud was coming back, no matter what all the reports say.

I think it's a fair trade and you bring up very good points and one you missed is even though it was stated we have enough bigs we really don't, all but Mitch and Randle are on one and one deals so they can easily be moved or simply not picked up by the team option.

But it appears by rules you can't make this trade the salaries don't work, so that kind of ends that. Your about 900K short to make the deal work.
    Come one man. The bolded is BS. No one thinks he's a god. What people say is that he has a style of play they think will be good for this team. Making comments like yours, sets up the divisive commentary.
    So those who like him and hope he gets a chance because they think he can be a good player and good for the team think he's a god?
    That's a foolish comment.

We don't have any gods. We don't have any demigods. We don't have any player worth worship of any kind. Every player we have besides Gibson is an unknown commodity.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Come one man. The bolded is BS. No one thinks he's a god. What people say is that he has a style of play they think will be good for this team. Making comments like yours, sets up the divisive commentary.
    So those who like him and hope he gets a chance because they think he can be a good player and good for the team think he's a god?

We don't have any gods. We don't have any demigods. We don't have any player worth worship of any kind. Every player we have besides Gibson is an unknown commodity.
    Haha I was gonna call him out on this same exact thing earlier today but let it slide.

Everything with many Knicks fans is black and white, 100% one way or the other. The guy is a god or a bum. When the reality is many times these are simply 21 year old kids who may not become what they actually become until 23/24+.

How old was Brogdon again when he was drafted? (Since he’s come up in this thread)

If they are such visionaries, how come they totally failed to adjust to Toronto taking Giannis out of the game? Not trying to hate, but you are talking about guys that obviously had something to work with. Let’s not pretend it was all the magic of the staff that taught them how to play. Like it was a miracle or something.

Credit the scouting the most
    But... that's a completely different subject all together in which I happen to agree with you!

I mean, training and developing players doesn't have anything to do with a coach doing mistakes and losing from an inferior team because he was beaten in tactics!

Yes, I believe that it was Budenholzer the reason that the Bucks were beaten in the ECF... IMO, the only game that Toronto should have won is game 4... Game 5 was lost because he completely ignored VanVleet and "ate" 7 completely open 3s (21pts) in 100% shooting out of one player which he never cared to guard! (VanVleet appears to have 7/9 in stats, but this is misleading because the 2 missed were ultra long -more than 40ft- desperate bazzer attempts to beat the clock in seconds).

Then on game 3 (the one that went in 2nd O/T) and 6 he couldn't "unlock" Giannis from being double or triple guarded...

All in all Bud seems to be a great coach in applying a tactics system to a team, but he is very slow to react in game... He has to watch the video, analyze it with his colleagues as to realize what went wrong in tactics... and make the correct adjustments in the next game... Only that coach Nurse was always a step ahead... He never played the same tactics twice, but had a new on his sleeve for every next game!

The other mistake he did was with Mirotic! He had Mirotic from Feb, but never played him at 3 and only used him to rotate Giannis at 4... Then Mirotic got injured on his thump and lost 5 weeks till the regular season was over... Then Bud decided to start the playoffs by only replacing (injured) Brogdon with Brown at 2... plays and wins the Pistons with this lineup, but looses the 1st against the Celtics at home... Then he decides to call Mirotic and start him at 3 (totally unprepared without any practice to adapt himself in a new role on a new team) and move Middleton at 2... With this lineup he sweeps out the rest of the games against Boston and wins the first 2 games against the Raptors... Looses the 3rd game in 2nd O/T against the Raptors and then he does the ultimate mistake a coach can do... He changes the line up again and moves Mirotic (who was adapting himself to the better all the time in his new role) to the bench and returns Brogdon back to the roster (at 2 with Middleton at 3)!

But by doing that, he changed the tactics from "3 towers on the floor" to "3 guards on the floor" which resulted on not having Mirotic attracting a "big" to guard him outside the painted area, which caused Giannis to be double guarded all the time...

Watch this video at 4:08 and later is what should interest you most: https://www.nba.com/bucks/video/team...190508-2600835

I guess if he had foreseen right from Feb that he may had to play "3 towers on the floor" and had prepared Mirotic accordingly to take that role, the Bucks would have ended up with the title by now...

You may be a clown but you always make sense to me.

That was extreme, but the point is still that some of you are so blinded by the idea of him that you completely ignore who he actually is.

Harold Minor and Eddy Curry were Jordan and Shaq respectively until they weren’t. Time for Frank to show something.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    A troll on PSD appreciates him. You think he plays on the Bucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i guess thinking Frank has potential makes you a troll now

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    No... I believe I know the CBA quite well... it's not a matter of the team having a trade exception in reserve... all rookie contracts curry automatically a trade exception if a player still on a rookie contract is included in a trade... it doesn't have to be a rookie contract for another rookie contract either...
    I believe your wrong and I'm pretty knowledgeable on the CBA myself......why not quote me from the CBA NBA salary cap, should be easy for you to do this, right?

Love to know where you got the bolded from? I think it's in your head not in the CBA lol.....prove me wrong ok?

By God I wasn't being literal, it was in reference to how long this crap has gone on and how he has nearly 5000 posts lol..........no one has ever had this kind of attention, and I guess i'll take back my terminology and your right no one is God only God!

This is old about Frank and he's proven nothing, now we read he had flashes just like Giannis, are you reading this crap?

Giannis was scary great when he was just starting out, anyone can see that, Frank? He is scary bad so far, and I don't think teams game plan for Frank and his moments lol.....you think they didn't game plan for Giannis?

Frank is always being compared to HOF players, allstars, Def players of the year etc.........has he really earned that?

How about we let Frank earn it on the court, and let's see him earn playing time first then lets see how he develops.

fan's act like coach's have it out for players and don't play them on purpose, and that in itself was complete BS those kind of posts, Frank early on last year was right there with Timmy for most minutes, he just failed.

When his style of play is good for this team i'll be the first to be right there congratulating him.

October please come fast lol

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i guess thinking Frank has potential makes you a troll now
    he started out good, but now he is borderline trolling.....

By God I wasn't being literal, it was in reference to how long this crap has gone on and how he has nearly 5000 posts lol..........no one has ever had this kind of attention, and I guess i'll take back my terminology and your right no one is God only God!

This is old about Frank and he's proven nothing, now we read he had flashes just like Giannis, are you reading this crap?

Giannis was scary great when he was just starting out, anyone can see that, Frank? He is scary bad so far, and I don't think teams game plan for Frank and his moments lol.....you think they didn't game plan for Giannis?

Frank is always being compared to HOF players, allstars, Def players of the year etc.........has he really earned that?

How about we let Frank earn it on the court, and let's see him earn playing time first then lets see how he develops.

fan's act like coach's have it out for players and don't play them on purpose, and that in itself was complete BS those kind of posts, Frank early on last year was right there with Timmy for most minutes, he just failed.

When his style of play is good for this team i'll be the first to be right there congratulating him.

It's pretty mind boggling - He keeps getting mentioned in the same sentence as Giannis and no one seems to even bat an eyelash

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    It's pretty mind boggling - He keeps getting mentioned in the same sentence as Giannis and no one seems to even bat an eyelash
    He is mentioned to the same sentence as Giannis, because I proposed a trade that would sent Ntilikina to the Bucks... What's wrong to have another player in the same sentence as Giannis if people try to imagine how Frank would look sharing the court with him?

Who ever compared Frank with Giannis? Can you provide the No of the post please, so that I can reply to the idiot?
    Last edited by buckalis; 08-14-2019 at 12:53 PM.