Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 376 of 376 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376
Results 5,626 to 5,637 of 5637
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    When does it actually need to be picked up?
    by Oct 31st.

Frank Ntilikina's Projected Outlook Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    if we didn't pick up his option, watch him go to DAL and turn into a stud there.

Cuban was high on him and scouted him for years, and he would be a great fit next to Doncic & KP. Won't get in Doncic's way, but can still play PG when Doncic sits, and will do the dirty work. Not to mention we saw some great moments with him & KP in the brief time they played together.
    You say this about every team and situation other than the one he is in. If he went to Dallas he would sit on the bench until he stopped being the worst shooting guard in the league. Bc you know what is worse then being in someoneís way? When your defender is in there way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-21-2019 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

listen not every player is right for every roster, this can be shown over and over and over in the NBA.

Maybe Frank can excel elsewhere, maybe he can't, that is very general and very questionable till he shows what he did in two FIBA games is what he can bring to the NBA games.

That said why rush picking up his option when you have 5 weeks and 4 days to make that decision, and when camp is 8 days away?

That said have you even seen the Knicks pick up DSJ or even Knox's option yet? Those two right now are more likely and Knicks haven't yet, and Knox one would think for year 2 is a 100% pick up.

It's a business and how many players get hurt in camp, what if an ACL happens, crap happens but if I'm the Knicks I want to see how all the summer work they put in shows in camp against pretty good veteran competition.

I'm not sure why anyone would want this to unfold today 5 weeks and 4 days ahead of the deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You say this about every team and situation other than the one he is in. If he went to Dallas he would sit on the bench until he stopped being the worst shooting guard in the league. Bc you know what is worse then being in someoneís way? When your defender is in there way.

i really dont... but I don't think he'd sit on the bench at all. But I also think Carlise is a much better coach.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    listen not every player is right for every roster, this can be shown over and over and over in the NBA.

Maybe Frank can excel elsewhere, maybe he can't, that is very general and very questionable till he shows what he did in two FIBA games is what he can bring to the NBA games.

That said why rush picking up his option when you have 5 weeks and 4 days to make that decision, and when camp is 8 days away?

That said have you even seen the Knicks pick up DSJ or even Knox's option yet? Those two right now are more likely and Knicks haven't yet, and Knox one would think for year 2 is a 100% pick up.

It's a business and how many players get hurt in camp, what if an ACL happens, crap happens but if I'm the Knicks I want to see how all the summer work they put in shows in camp against pretty good veteran competition.

I'm not sure why anyone would want this to unfold today 5 weeks and 4 days ahead of the deadline?
    we have a bare roster, it's a shame if an unselfish high IQ guy with all NBA defensive potential doesn't fit... yet a guy like Mudiay is given free reign for an entire season.

I'd be very surprised if the Knicks came into camp not having picked up the option. the option is a no brainer and I don't think you want Frank in camp/preseason answering questions about his contract.

I hope we pick up his option and he becomes a player. But if we let him walk I would bet heís just a bum. Just like Kuz, Willy, Shved, Galloway and the rest of the role players we thought we had something with, cried about when they left, and ended up just being scrubs.

I get the beef with our FO but I really donít think they are missing something special with Frank. Either he proves it and finds himself here or he goes on to being a journeyman scrub IMO.

we have a bare roster, it's a shame if an unselfish high IQ guy with all NBA defensive potential doesn't fit... yet a guy like Mudiay is given free reign for an entire season.

I'd be very surprised if the Knicks came into camp not having picked up the option. the option is a no brainer and I don't think you want Frank in camp/preseason answering questions about his contract.
    You can call it unselfish but itís really just timid. Unselfish is giving up a good shot for a better one. Not giving up the ball to run away from playmaking responsibility. You need your lead guard to be aggressive with the ball. And if youíre off guard you need your off guard to be able to hit a jump shot. Franks done neither to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I hope we pick up his option and he becomes a player. But if we let him walk I would bet heís just a bum. Just like Kuz, Willy, Shved, Galloway and the rest of the role players we thought we had something with, cried about when they left, and ended up just being scrubs.

I get the beef with our FO but I really donít think they are missing something special with Frank. Either he proves it and finds himself here or he goes on to being a journeyman scrub IMO.
    those guys weren't as young or as highly touted as Frank.

I mean 3 of those guys were undrafted and Willy was a 2nd round pick.

Frank very well may not become anything but I could also see a coach like Carlise turning him into something special.

You can call it unselfish but itís really just timid. Unselfish is giving up a good shot for a better one. Not giving up the ball to run away from playmaking responsibility. You need your lead guard to be aggressive with the ball. And if youíre off guard you need your off guard to be able to hit a jump shot. Franks done neither to this point.
    We just saw him do all of that in FIBA. Why act like that didn't happen?

it's a little of both, we've seen him be aggressive in spurts, against USA in Fiba, against CHA where he had 18 points in a half... but he's definitely used to a different brand of basketball and it's taking time to get him adjusted to US playstyle. He tends to lose his aggressiveness if he misses his first couple of shots.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Bc he did it against a bunch smelly bearded white guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Iím hopeful the FIBA play is a flash of whatís to come but it means nothing until he does it on the NBA level.

it's a little of both, we've seen him be aggressive in spurts, against USA in Fiba, against CHA where he had 18 points in a half... but he's definitely used to a different brand of basketball and it's taking time to get him adjusted to US playstyle. He tends to lose his aggressiveness if he misses his first couple of shots.
    The CHA game was as flukey as it gets. It was all 3 pointers, not a flash of aggressive PG play. Unless you are hoping his NBA future is as a lights out sniper Iím not sure what the CHA game did to show you a flash of whatís to come for Frank.

Also ďheís used to a different brand of basketballĒ is a very lame excuse for being a timid player. What other Euros do we say that about? None...