Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 422 of 429 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 6428

Frank Ntilikina's Projected Outlook Thread

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    I think the improvement is there, Payton doesnít havenít to start. Frankís and Payton are really no different currently. Payton can convert more assists but he canít be trusted to shot at all, Frank at least can shoot the 3 since thatís all he really does. Also Franks offensive rating of 103 last season is Payton career avg, so Payton doesnít do much as a starter at this point. Frank can overtake him in the starting spot. Frank improved from 88 to 103 in the offensive rating category.

Away he was 45% 38%, his home stats was horrible. Month by month his FG% and 3Pt% start trending up. While some only see the last games I see that whole month he was trending at 44% 35% 3pt, but if you go back to when he was starting in November you will see that he was above 35% from behind the arc and 41% from the field.

Consistency is part of what people complain about, but what some are overlooking his % are low because when he does shoot itís mostly 3pt shots. He shot it more from behind the arc than anywhere else on the floor. The only other spots where he got up shots was long 2ís which can be converted to 3ís and at the rim.

What your seeing is someone who has been groomed to be a bonafide 3 and D player.

if he shot 41 and 35% for a month during the Earl Barron portion of the season, is incapable creating a shot/doing anything inside the arc, and only takes wide open 3s he is probably isnít the best starting option at the point guard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 11-26-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Franks shooting numbers are almost irrelevant. Heís a non-factor. Heís at low volume, and he barely gets guarded. Most of those 3s are wide open. If he ever starts making more, he will get more defensive attention, and the numbers go back down. They pretty much dare him to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Franks shooting numbers are almost irrelevant. Heís a non-factor. Heís at low volume, and he barely gets guarded. Most of those 3s are wide open. If he ever starts making more, he will get more defensive attention, and the numbers go back down. They pretty much dare him to shoot.
    Him, Randle, and DSJ just seem in the way. Let him play solid defense for a contender for 14 mins a night.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Him, Randle, and DSJ just seem in the way. Let him play solid defense for a contender for 14 mins a night.

Iím cool with keeping him around. Just let him play a 2/3 role off the bench, put him on whoeverís better. If heís playing well, leave him out there longer

But thinking heís a PG at all, I just donít think is happening

If he can make wide open 3s he makes himself more valuable as a wing defender heís a still a terrible PG though

Last edited by ewing; 11-26-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Iím cool with keeping him around. Just let him play a 2/3 role off the bench, put him on whoeverís better. If heís playing well, leave him out there longer

But thinking heís a PG at all, I just donít think is happening
    Agreed. Iím just tried of him and would prefer those mins go elsewhere/add spacing for JR and Obi

Iíve been mentioning advanced stats/analytics and Frankís improvement this past season here (which some clearly just donít see), but hereís another one that just came across my Twitter feed, posted last week:

ďFrank Ntilikina: -0.62 RPM, 48th/94 PGs
    21-45 Knicks 4.8 points better with him on court

Jeff Teague: -2.92 RPM, 84th/94 PGs.
    20-47 Hawks 4.4 points WORSE with him on the courtĒ

Anyway just goes to show there were fans saying sign Teague to run the offense (I realize not everyone but some)... there really are just a lot of signs that say Frank is actually coming along. And itís not just hyperbole all his numbers were trending up this year.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Iíve been mentioning advanced stats/analytics and Frankís improvement this past season here (which some clearly just donít see), but hereís another one that just came across my Twitter feed, posted last week:

Anyway just goes to show there were fans saying sign Teague to run the offense (I realize not everyone but some)... there really are just a lot of signs that say Frank is actually coming along. And itís not just hyperbole all his numbers were trending up this year.
    Don't you ever find reasons to say our young players might have talent in this forum. Blaspehmy.
    `

Those stats are awfully flawed though. I get what youíre saying, but that doesnít take so many things into account. Metrics are sketchy in every sport, but I feel they are least effective in basketball
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-27-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Those stats are awfully flawed though. I get what youíre saying, but that doesnít take so many things into account
    Point is pretty much every stat for him trended up significantly last year. Itís actually what you want to see, effective field goal percentage leaps, 3 point percentage leaps, shooting free throws at the best percentage on the team, drive percentage up. It all points to actual development.

But whatever I realize Iím not going to convince anyone of anything, hopefully he gets 25+ minutes a game this year and proves it on the court by continuing to improve his offense while being our best perimeter defender by a wide margin.

Point is pretty much every stat for him trended up significantly last year. Itís actually what you want to see, effective field goal percentage leaps, 3 point percentage leaps, shooting free throws at the best percentage on the team, drive percentage up. It all points to actual development.

But whatever I realize Iím not going to convince anyone of anything, hopefully he gets 25+ minutes a game this year and proves it on the court by continuing to improve his offense while being our best perimeter defender by a wide margin.
    Well thatís not saying much for his trending up offensively, as heís pretty close to the bottom if youíre looking at that. And if he did get more minutes against starters, what would that do to those ratings

If we are going by those ratings, we should have wanted Rubio, Augustin, Reggie Jackson, Kris Dunn
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-27-2020 at 03:45 PM.

Well thatís not saying much for his trending up offensively, as heís pretty close to the bottom if youíre looking at that. And if he did get more minutes against starters, what would that do to those ratings

If we are going by those ratings, we should have wanted Rubio, Augustin, Reggie Jackson, Kris Dunn
    Except those guys are all like 30 years old

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    if he shot 41 and 35% for a month during the Earl Barron portion of the season, is incapable creating a shot/doing anything inside the arc, and only takes wide open 3s he is probably isnít the best starting option at the point guard

God forbid he improves his shot looked alot better last year

I think Frank can be Marcus smart. Just needs to become a better shooter
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Heíll bring great ďintangiblesĒ