Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 123 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2370
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Disagree. How many good PG defenders can you name? That end has little to do with PGs being starter quality. Offense is to PGs as defense is to big men.

Offensively limited PGs get moved off the ball or to the bench. Defensively limited big men unless their offense is so great get moved to the bench.
    I'm just saying the worst case scenario for both Frank and DSJ. It's not like Knicks passed on Trae Young whose a lightout shooter and makes everyone better vs DSJ whose more marbury a inefficient chucker, doesn't play defense, tunnel vision and has knee issues. Guys like DSJ put up empty stats and your not going far if that's your PG vs Frank who can play multiple positions even if he is not your PG and still impact the game.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by knickerbockerny View Post
    Exactly!!! Everyone including the coaches knows that, hence the point guard mini camp prior to the draft, considering drafting a point Guard, trading for Mudiay, etc etc. This is a big offseason for Frank
    Right, and its not about just shooting more. It's about doing the Rajon Rondo. Dude could get to the paint at will. If Frank can do that, he can still be the PG he wants to be (pass first), but he's 19 and tall so its going to take time.

Frank Half Smokes played exceptionally well when he was on the floor with KP. Put on the floor now with KP, Knox, Super Mario, THJ coming off the bench and a true PG and we would have a nice balance, height, and athleticism.
    Last edited by trueknickfan; 07-12-2018 at 01:25 PM.

if he can do this, or if he can do that, he's only 19, now a new one he's tall? It will take time?

Reality either you have that skill set or you don't.....it can improve but to say he can be a Rondo who came in with the ability to get to the rim, feed his mates off penetration and manipulation.......

Everyone else came into the league with the skills I keep reading Frank will have because why he doesn't have it today is many, many excuses.........

News flash, Trey has this ability.......watch him use this year and watch Frank be an off guard giving way to Mudiay and Trey........

I may be alone here on this site about the above, but I'm sticking too it.

I never read LeBron is tall, give him time so he can drive to the rim? He came into the NBA after HS.......you have it or you don't,

can you improve , yes, will be the ones who have it all along...........NO, show me one player who came into the league and now can penetrate at will when he couldn't early in his career?

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    if he can do this, or if he can do that, he's only 19, now a new one he's tall? It will take time?

Reality either you have that skill set or you don't.....it can improve but to say he can be a Rondo who came in with the ability to get to the rim, feed his mates off penetration and manipulation.......

Everyone else came into the league with the skills I keep reading Frank will have because why he doesn't have it today is many, many excuses.........

News flash, Trey has this ability.......watch him use this year and watch Frank be an off guard giving way to Mudiay and Trey........

I never read LeBron is tall, give him time so he can drive to the rim? He came into the NBA after HS.......you have it or you don't,

can you improve , yes, will be the ones who have it all along...........NO, show me one player who came into the league and now can penetrate at will when he couldn't early in his career?
    The irony in you suggesting that Frank has no skills and canít improve, and then using Trey as an example of someone who purportedly came into the league with all of the skills he has now, is truly incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post

How are you going to compare Frank to arguably the best player of all time? That's a bit unfair, no?

I wasn't able to watch the last SL game (game #3), but I heard Mitchell Robinson struggled on the defensive end, primarily because the lack of D from Trier at the guard position. Can anyone confirm?

I think a lot of Frank's value comes from and will continue to come from the "intangibles."

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    The irony in you suggesting that Frank has no skills and canít improve, and then using Trey as an example of someone who purportedly came into the league with all of the skills he has now, is truly incredible.
    Got him there.

Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    I wasn't able to watch the last SL game (game #3), but I heard Mitchell Robinson struggled on the defensive end, primarily because the lack of D from Trier at the guard position. Can anyone confirm?

I think a lot of Frank's value comes from and will continue to come from the "intangibles."
    Trier is extremely bad on D and didnít help, but a lot of Robinsonís struggles with fouling, timing, positioning, etc. are self inflicted. He needs some time/experience/coaching.

1. Mitchell struggles more on defense in the post because he is light. But if he is in space, he covers ground quickly. He got beasted on for 5 straight buckets in the post by some dude Bradley (forget which game last or or game 2).

2. Trier's defense is worse than Timmy's.

3. I think I have it with Frank. Frank is a plug and play guard. Meaning, he doesn't have his own style yet (even though most of us and coach all want him to have his own style - aka aggressive Frank). He does what the team needs. So theoretically, I think the longer he plays with a consistent 4 guys around him, learning what they like to do and how he can get them the ball (even if that means from the post from driving or post-ups) I think he will be MUCH better. Frank is not really built for summer league. It's too chaotic. I think game 2 was more of - OK EVERYBODY JUST SHUT UP ALREADY.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    You're crazy if you think it's easier to fix on defense. Everyone has this crazy idea that defense is just effort. That you can will yourself great. That's nonsense.

Yes better effort yields better results but the same is true on offense.those scrubby players that just try hard are not magically better. They dont all of a sudden shoot better they just take advantage of lazy defense and get to 50/50 and run themselves open sometimes.

Same thing on defense. It is a skill. One that has to be honed. One that some never achieve despite putting real effort into it.

Frank is way way better on defense then DSJ is on offense
    If you even know advance statistics are a thing it's not even debatable.

What we do have evidence of improvement over time in most NBA players are offensive skills. Most shoot better with time. Post moves are developed. Range is extended. Hell some lower block centers in today's game have extended their range out to 3.

Frank has a better chance of becoming a net positive on offense then DSJ does of becoming a lockdown defender.
    Nailed it. Agreed with the rest as well.

I will just say that IMO he will not be the long term answer at PG. No I don't have a crystal ball and no I'm not passing final judgment on a 19 year old. Based on what we've seen so far, I just don't think he will develop into the type of player we need at that position in today's game.

That being said, a back court of him and Kyrie would legit be fire.
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Nailed it. Agreed with the rest as well.

I will just say that IMO he will not be the long term answer at PG. No I don't have a crystal ball and no I'm not passing final judgment on a 19 year old. Based on what we've seen so far, I just don't think he will develop into the type of player we need at that position in today's game.

That being said, a back court of him and Kyrie would legit be fire.
    I'm not sure you could ask for a better backcourt.

How are you going to compare Frank to arguably the best player of all time? That's a bit unfair, no?
    If he's getting compared to Lebron, he's already won haha

I don't know if he struggled wasn't watching too closely. But it was really fun watching him run out from under the basket to block 3 point shots. Two that I saw at least. He's going to hurt himself haha

I don't think Trier is even trying on defense. He's selling his game to everyone that is watching. Which is that he is going to score as much as he can, as quickly as he can. That's what's going to get him onto a roster right now. Not necessarily focused on playing a complete game or winning for that matter