Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Officiating

The flagrant on Jeff Green against the Hawks was also BS.

Then they gave Atlanta 4 free throws + the ball. Like wtf kind of **** is that?
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    The refs who called that flagrant 2 on Melo should be suspended.
    Curry got a flagrant also for an inadvertent contact to the face of a defender. I think they are just going to call all of that from now on.

I've seen several calls where a defender jumps and lands well short of the shooter in not in the same place and the shooter takes a step and leans in to create contact and the shooter is still being given free throws.

I thought the brief time we had with the officials respecting "verticality" was good.

I don't like the tendency the refs have to guess against the defender when the defenders arm is not straight up. If there is no contact there should be no foul.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Same night the Bucks got to the line 16 times to the Cavs 38 ... in a 5 point game. Nobody should expect the number of fouls called to match nor the number of FTs attempted. But the game has to be called the same both ways.

The Warriors/Heat game was officiated VERY loosely, they allowed a ton of contact. But at least they were fairly consistent between the two teams. It ended up 17 FTs for the Heat to 24 FTs for the Warriors and fouls were not a deciding factor in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Same night the Bucks got to the line 16 times to the Cavs 38 ... in a 5 point game. Nobody should expect the number of fouls called to match nor the number of FTs attempted. But the game has to be called the same both ways.

The Warriors/Heat game was officiated VERY loosely, they allowed a ton of contact. But at least they were fairly consistent between the two teams. It ended up 17 FTs for the Heat to 24 FTs for the Warriors and fouls were not a deciding factor in the game.
    Well the number of FTs here ended up the same. To me itís always consistency that bother me. Contact by the Sixers was a foul, same contact by the Jazz wasnít. Thatís bothersome. Amir set a pick on someone who clearly flopped and was called. Gobert railroads Ben and nothing.

Now to Bens credit he got up, got back in there, and didnít complain.

PROCESSING

Well the number of FTs here ended up the same. To me itís always consistency that bother me. Contact by the Sixers was a foul, same contact by the Jazz wasnít. Thatís bothersome. Amir set a pick on someone who clearly flopped and was called. Gobert railroads Ben and nothing.

Now to Bens credit he got up, got back in there, and didnít complain.
    That not complaining thing is important. Whiteside complained a lot and Spoelstra benched him. Last week Draymond's college coach Izzo told him to stop his whining which I love.

It's funny how stats don't tell the story.

1. Love annihilated the Bucks on the glass (8 o-rbs IIRC), and they were fouling trying to prevent 2nd chance points.

2. At the same time, Giannis was the only one driving to the rim for them.

3. Bucks played harder and more physical.
    Sometimes I WISH the Cavs fouled more because it would mean they're playing harder. It doesn't surprise me that we don't foul opponents much because we're generally allowing easy lanes to the rim instead.

With all that said, I STILL feel like we got the benefit of the whistle. Lots of ticky tack fouls called on them. Must have been a frustrating evening for Bucks fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    It's funny how stats don't tell the story.

1. Love annihilated the Bucks on the glass (8 o-rbs IIRC), and they were fouling trying to prevent 2nd chance points.

2. At the same time, Giannis was the only one driving to the rim for them.

3. Bucks played harder and more physical.
    Sometimes I WISH the Cavs fouled more because it would mean they're playing harder. It doesn't surprise me that we don't foul opponents much because we're generally allowing easy lanes to the rim instead.

With all that said, I STILL feel like we got the benefit of the whistle. Lots of ticky tack fouls called on them. Must have been a frustrating evening for Bucks fans.
    Yeah, I wasn't trying to imply that the fouls told the full story. Any number of things would have changed the outcome of that game and the officials just calling reaches the same both ways probably make the difference.

Didn't you know that offensive lineman styled blocking is fine now? That's how you win championships, brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Didn't you know that offensive lineman styled blocking is fine now? That's how you win championships, brotha!
    New NBA stat: Pancake picks.

PROCESSING

Not last year or the year before ... you must be stuck back in 2015

Another video breaking down the calls with Ronnie Nunn
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7cBJtltlVI

Not last year or the year before ... you must be stuck back in 2015
    Nah, it was in '15-'16, too. They traded Bogut for KD and curiously they didn't seem to need those blocks as much anymore. Just surprised War was surprised.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 11-08-2017 at 10:25 PM.

Another video breaking down the calls with Ronnie Nunn
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7cBJtltlVI
    I love his videos breaking down anyone. They expose so many players for the ****** things they do.

The one with Harden is amazing.

PROCESSING

Nah, it was in '15-'16, too. They traded Bogut for KD and curiously they didn't seem to need those blocks as much anymore. Just surprised War was surprised.
    But you said "win championships" ... are you saying the Cavs used Bogut in 2016?

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast