Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Officiating

it has been better than last year, but it is still early...

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I hate when they call a travel on LeBron's crab dribble. That has been established as a legitimate move a long time ago. Like... wtf?
    I think the stopped calling it but I don't know that they changed the rule.

So, traveling used to be called on anything more than a step and a half with the ball in the hand, and now they give the gather AND a step and a half so it's effectively 2 and a half steps. I don't know if that is the rule or just how it's being officiated.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Ever hear about a pivot foot?

You can keep one foot on the ground, start to step with the other, and start your dribble and you aren't travelling, especially if the pivot foot stays.

And no I've never seen anyone "called" for that in a game that's of the pickup variety.
    yes and when a player peforms the move you are talking about 95% of them lift that pivot foot which causes a travel

obviously if you never seen this called you dont ball that often

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think the stopped calling it but I don't know that they changed the rule.
    They haven't changed anything, I was just joking.

Refs seem to be letting teams slug it out. They're pretty loose with the whistle. LeBron is averaging his lowest FTA of his career. He absorbs a lot of contact that would probably be ruled a foul if it were another player. At the same time, he has been pushing off on practically every drive to the rim this year so I guess it balances out a little bit.

The most frustrating for me so far are the illegal screens. I feel like it's worse. And I don't blame the players one bit - if they're gonna allow you to grab and hold people on off-ball screens then might as well keep doing it. The Bulls (Felicio on like EVERY possession) were doing it so much it was hard to watch.

Whatever happened to standing still with your wrists crossed in front of you? Isn't that the official rule? There's a little leeway if the screener rolls to the basket but that's it.
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Refs seem to be letting teams slug it out.
    Uhhhh....Sixers games by foul calls this year:

60+ = 1
    50-60 = 2
    40-49 = 2
    40 and under = 0

That's really slugging it out huh?

PROCESSING

My perspective on NBA reffing has always been that they have the toughest job outside of NFL refs in major American sports and considering that, they are pretty great overall. I mean, Joey Crawford was always known as a "bad ref" to most but actually was really consistent as a ref. People just need to let it go, IMO. All this talk about the reffing just starts to get old. More often than not, the calls even out. Unless you are advocating that the league is rigged and the refs are part of it, there really isn't much to discuss.

The refs basically screwed the Nuggets the other night when Jokic barely bumped into the other team's coach. Nuggets had just tied up the game at home and then the other team won on free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    The refs basically screwed the Nuggets the other night when Jokic barely bumped into the other team's coach. Nuggets had just tied up the game at home and then the other team won on free throws.
    Those calls happen every other year. It's going to happen when over 2000 games are played in a season. I just ignore the refs because as much as they can influence the game, it's usually the team and coaching that determines the winner. I mean, when refs take forever, people complain. With the amount of rules and how delicate the game can be sometimes, it's almost impossible to have a fullproof coaching record.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Those calls happen every other year. It's going to happen when over 2000 games are played in a season. I just ignore the refs because as much as they can influence the game, it's usually the team and coaching that determines the winner. I mean, when refs take forever, people complain. With the amount of rules and how delicate the game can be sometimes, it's almost impossible to have a fullproof coaching record.
    Yeah, I watched the highlights like "wow, nice play" when Jokic tied it, and then was like "c'mon!" when the coach threw a fit. I get the rule being there, but like wow, way to take over the game, refs. Every smart coach says "we shouldn't have let that happen in the first place and played better, *points out x mistake*" but still pretty lame if you ask me.

I think it's hilarious to suggest that mythically, magically the bad and missed calls always even out perfectly at the end. And then, as if it's not hard enough to beat the best athletes in the world already, people say "oh well you should just beat them by enough that bad/missed calls don't matter."

In REALITY, someone gets screwed by the refs every game pretty much except the one in a million where they really do **** up perfectly evenly on both sides. But you have to just accept it because there's no alternative and then hope that it doesn't swing the final outcome from one way to another.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

just watch a rockets game then tell me the officials are good. If you look at a rocket player esp harden wrong its a foul.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Uhhhh....Sixers games by foul calls this year:

60+ = 1
    50-60 = 2
    40-49 = 2
    40 and under = 0

That's really slugging it out huh?
    34-17 or some **** tonight lol.

Sixers fans have to the whiniest in the league. you are not the that good and you beat the rockets tonight, stop it

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    whinest? maybe but look at the free throw advantage for the other team against us so far and you will then understand.
    maybe you guys foul more

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast