Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yes. Bone bruise. They are going to rest him for 2 weeks.
    That's good to hear it looked like it may have been worse. Wouldn't be shocked if they gave him a little more time.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    That's good to hear it looked like it may have been worse. Wouldn't be shocked if they gave him a little more time.
    I got the impression that the 2 weeks included the extra time.

Draymond's latest technical was rescinded by the NBA.

Draymond's latest technical was rescinded by the NBA.
    yeah- i saw that.

kinda lame cuz the free throw was already shot- it isnt like they woulda changed the outcome of the game if that free throw made the difference. I guess it helps with the possible suspension though- but kerr will probably just use it as a rest game anyway

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    yeah- i saw that.

kinda lame cuz the free throw was already shot- it isnt like they woulda changed the outcome of the game if that free throw made the difference. I guess it helps with the possible suspension though- but kerr will probably just use it as a rest game anyway
    Hadn't thought about that ... did they adjust the score?

Hadn't thought about that ... did they adjust the score?
    haha- I think the free throw was missed

good to see bell back.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

kind of discouraging, the rockets lose- and open up an opportunity for the warriors to gain on them and the warriors completely go out and phone it in. Kerr sits 5 guys???? (I guess he didnt get the no tanking memo)

steve kerr is really starting to show that hes an overated coach. when he doesnt have talent- he cant draw up anything to generate quality shots. even pop can make his system work with deteriorated talent

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    steve kerr is really starting to show that hes an overated coach. when he doesnt have talent- he cant draw up anything to generate quality shots. even pop can make his system work with deteriorated talent
    Not this deteriorated, might as well blame Myers since he's the reason there is so much turnover at the bottom of the roster and the bench and center position are so limited ... Pop's teams were never limited by multiple max or near max contracts.

The one thing I'd say about the Spurs is that R.C. Buford and Popovich are doing a great job putting together a winning team even without draft picks or late draft picks. Dejonte Murray was picked one pick before Damian Jones. While Murray is a huge part of their success, Jones can't even sniff the floor. Kyle Anderson was the last pick of the first round in 2014 and he's playing a big part right now. Myers' last three first round draft picks have been Nedovic (2013), Kevan Looney (2015) and Damien Jones (2016). Nothing too exciting there.

Looney has played well this year, and they may have been limiting his minutes to keep his value down to have a chance to maybe bring him back. Jones was VERY raw and with McGee and West choosing to come back as well as Bell's development he hasn't been needed, but he's the most athletic big on the team and has been doing a good job in the g-league.

With Jones, Bell, and Boucher they can have a CRAZY athletic backup front line next year.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    The one thing I'd say about the Spurs is that R.C. Buford and Popovich are doing a great job putting together a winning team even without draft picks or late draft picks. Dejonte Murray was picked one pick before Damian Jones. While Murray is a huge part of their success, Jones can't even sniff the floor. Kyle Anderson was the last pick of the first round in 2014 and he's playing a big part right now. Myers' last three first round draft picks have been Nedovic (2013), Kevan Looney (2015) and Damien Jones (2016). Nothing too exciting there.
    To be fair you're excluding our even later picks. McCaw and Bell both second rounders have been very good for us and flashed serious potential.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    To be fair you're excluding our even later picks. McCaw and Bell both second rounders have been very good for us and flashed serious potential.
    McCaw has been inconsistent. He shows flashes for a couple of games and disappears for the rest of the season. Bell, I really like so far, but with his injury, its hard to really conclude anything with him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    McCaw has been inconsistent. He shows flashes for a couple of games and disappears for the rest of the season. Bell, I really like so far, but with his injury, its hard to really conclude anything with him yet.
    To be fair, we can conclude that with essentially no 1st round picks (the bottom of the 1st included) Myers managed to find 1 all-star, 7 NBA level players and 2 more possible NBA level talents.

Just to avoid confusion ...

All-star:
    Green

NBA level players:
    McCaw
    Looney
    Bell
    Clark
    Holiday
    Bazemore
    Ezeli

Look like they have a reasonable shot at being NBA level players:
    Cook
    Jones

To soon to tell:
    Boucher

That's a heck of a haul for bottom of the 1st/2nd/UDFA.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast