Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    23,382

    2017/18 Regular Season

    The Raptors game exposed something I've been wondering about with the Warriors roster. Kerr said that Centers can't keep up the fast pace as long and are the most likely to get injured so he wants a lot of centers on the roster (Zaza, McGee, West, Jones, Looney), and he wants guys who can handle the ball and pass on the wing so they load up on wings (Curry, Klay, KD, Iguodala, Livingston, McCaw, Young, Casspi). With a key to the defensive schemes being switching and closing out on shooters and forcing opponents to help ... they need guys with lateral quickness on the floor.

    All of which brings me to my point ... Draymond Green is the only Power Forward on the team (he's not really a Power Forward either, but he can defend bigs). KD can slide to defend bigs occasionally but he struggles with power players and doesn't really set picks like the centers and Green do. When teams like Toronto come with several athletic big players who move and can score and no traditional center the Warriors struggled to defend. The Warriors finally have another guy who can play PF other than Green in Jordan Bell and I'm LOVING it. The next time they play a team that goes with an athletic guy who can shoot and move at the center position I expect Bell to be on the floor.

    The Warriors non-hamptons 5 centers ranked:
    1. Zaza
    2. West
    3. Bell
    4. McGee
    5. Looney
    5. Jones

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    hoosierland
    Posts
    8,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Raptors game exposed something I've been wondering about with the Warriors roster. Kerr said that Centers can't keep up the fast pace as long and are the most likely to get injured so he wants a lot of centers on the roster (Zaza, McGee, West, Jones, Looney), and he wants guys who can handle the ball and pass on the wing so they load up on wings (Curry, Klay, KD, Iguodala, Livingston, McCaw, Young, Casspi). With a key to the defensive schemes being switching and closing out on shooters and forcing opponents to help ... they need guys with lateral quickness on the floor.

    All of which brings me to my point ... Draymond Green is the only Power Forward on the team (he's not really a Power Forward either, but he can defend bigs). KD can slide to defend bigs occasionally but he struggles with power players and doesn't really set picks like the centers and Green do. When teams like Toronto come with several athletic big players who move and can score and no traditional center the Warriors struggled to defend. The Warriors finally have another guy who can play PF other than Green in Jordan Bell and I'm LOVING it. The next time they play a team that goes with an athletic guy who can shoot and move at the center position I expect Bell to be on the floor.

    The Warriors non-hamptons 5 centers ranked:
    1. Zaza
    2. West
    3. Bell
    4. McGee
    5. Looney
    5. Jones
    Agreed on the center situation and if i think the FO should contact their good buddy Walton on acquiring Zubac who is inactive for the past few games now that Lopez and Bogut is on the team. I would let them have any of those other center you listed not named Bell for him. Even an enforcer like West and toss in Jones for Zubac, whom I wanted over him during that draft. I'm sure he owed us one for that Swaggy P referral lol. Seriously we need him cause he reminds me of Bogut but younger


    Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    23,382
    How good is the offense?

    https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/...292992/photo/1

    Not just all-time great, but by a margin.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    23,382
    In case the NBA was thinking the Warriors were struggling ... according to BPI, they've played the hardest schedule to date and have the NBA's easiest remaining schedule.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    19,534
    Is the schedule helping the warriors keep guys from missing games? seems like a lot of guys have missed games already... livington, west, iggy, durant, and now were thinking curry maybe on monday- seems like the schedule isnt the issue- guys just like to sit out cuz its trendy and it makes them feel important.... like theyre too important to waste time playing regular season games

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    23,382
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Is the schedule helping the warriors keep guys from missing games? seems like a lot of guys have missed games already... livington, west, iggy, durant, and now were thinking curry maybe on monday- seems like the schedule isnt the issue- guys just like to sit out cuz its trendy and it makes them feel important.... like theyre too important to waste time playing regular season games
    I think Kerr is going to have a fairly aggressive rest plan this year. The last few years he was waiting for the trainers to tell him someone needed rest, now I suspect we are going to see players rested more often.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    19,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think Kerr is going to have a fairly aggressive rest plan this year. The last few years he was waiting for the trainers to tell him someone needed rest, now I suspect we are going to see players rested more often.
    so having less back to backs, less travel, less 4 games in 5 nights- results in more games missed for rest????

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    23,382
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    so having less back to backs, less travel, less 4 games in 5 nights- results in more games missed for rest????
    And the league telling him he's got restrictions on rest. Now if there is ANY excuse to rest one of the starters he'll be a lot more likely to take it. I think if just the schedule changed and they didn't add the rest restrictions he'd have waiting until they got to the scheduled losses and when the trainers told him it was time.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    19,534
    I wonder if kerr is just gonna sit all the starters for the boston game on Thursday. Just rest everyone. it wouldnt surprise me at this point.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    23,382
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I wonder if kerr is just gonna sit all the starters for the boston game on Thursday. Just rest everyone. it wouldnt surprise me at this point.
    No, because that would activate the new rest rule. Unless the starters all were "injured" in the Magic game.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    19,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    No, because that would activate the new rest rule. Unless the starters all were "injured" in the Magic game.
    well if there is no 3rd party doctor confirming the player cant be on the floor- whats to stop any team from just saying a guy has a contusion and he cant play this game?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    23,382
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    well if there is no 3rd party doctor confirming the player cant be on the floor- whats to stop any team from just saying a guy has a contusion and he cant play this game?
    The whole rule is just PR and Kerr is playing the game. Iguodala, Green, KD, and Curry all got "injured" then played the remainder of the game then have "stiffness" or are "sore" and they miss a game.

    Part of it is rest and part is that Kerr wants to get all 17 guys PT is he can and having a player rest a game gives a chance to use more of that depth.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    19,534
    The whole rule is just PR and Kerr is playing the game. Iguodala, Green, KD, and Curry all got "injured" then played the remainder of the game then have "stiffness" or are "sore" and they miss a game.

    LOL- how could you possibly give me a hard time when I question injuries unless it is very very very clear they are real (IE Paul George, Kevin Ware, Gordon Hayward etc.) With this crap going on all the time as you just described- Injuries should all be questioned.

    Also Jim barnett says "you can play when you're hurt, but you cant play when you are injured". Then Kerr comes out and says if this were a playoff game he would play (Although when KD went down with a sore calf muscle in the playoffs last yr, he still sat out)

    Part of it is rest and part is that Kerr wants to get all 17 guys PT is he can and having a player rest a game gives a chance to use more of that depth.
    I wonder how excited Pop was when Leonard went down last yr against the warriors. He must have been stoked that he got to play all his reserves and give them playing time

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    23,382
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    LOL- how could you possibly give me a hard time when I question injuries unless it is very very very clear they are real (IE Paul George, Kevin Ware, Gordon Hayward etc.) With this crap going on all the time as you just described- Injuries should all be questioned.

    Also Jim barnett says "you can play when you're hurt, but you cant play when you are injured". Then Kerr comes out and says if this were a playoff game he would play (Although when KD went down with a sore calf muscle in the playoffs last yr, he still sat out)

    I wonder how excited Pop was when Leonard went down last yr against the warriors. He must have been stoked that he got to play all his reserves and give them playing time
    The issue is that it doesn't matter whether you question an injury or not. It has no bearing on anything going on. Then you make it insulting when you take it to extremes. The Warriors are so good, so deep, and so don't care about the regular season that they are looking for opportunities to rest players just in case. This is the regular season ... it's a long grind.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    hoosierland
    Posts
    8,793
    Unless we are trying to break our 73 win season record as a goal over winning championships as it requires more sacrifices like no rest in back to back or 3 games in 5 days stretches. That season may have cost us the championship because Steph was injury in the playoffs and never recovered in the finals and took the blame


    Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •