Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Week 8: Minnesota Vikings vs Cleveland Browns 10/29/17 9:30 AM ET

Week Eight

VS

Sunday, October 29 at 9:30 AM ET on CBS

https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Looks like Myles Garrett will actually miss this game. Showed up yesterday with concussion symptoms and has been put in the concussion protocol.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

That's a huge loss, honestly when thinking about them, that is the one player that slightly worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldyy View Post
    That's a huge loss, honestly when thinking about them, that is the one player that slightly worries me.
    Especially with Rieff being banged up. If we don't win by double digits I'll be disappointed.

I'm not convinced this is going to be the cake walk everyone thinks it will be. No Joe Thomas will make things offensively for them even harder but the Browns have a pretty solid defense. I'm expecting an offensive output similar to last week against the Ravens. In the end we will win because the Browns have literally no play makers besides Duke Johnson and he alone is not enough to beat anybody. I'm gonna go with a 23-6 victory.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

I think they got a top 7 pass defense, so they arent too bad.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'm not convinced this is going to be the cake walk everyone thinks it will be. No Joe Thomas will make things offensively for them even harder but the Browns have a pretty solid defense. I'm expecting an offensive output similar to last week against the Ravens. In the end we will win because the Browns have literally no play makers besides Duke Johnson and he alone is not enough to beat anybody. I'm gonna go with a 23-6 victory.
    First you say this won't be a cake walk but then predict a 17 point win hahaha. Sure there defense has a pretty good front 7 but without Garrett I don't see them getting much pressure (still SUPER weird to say that). Kizer has been one of the worst QBs in the league this year in various areas and no has a backup LT and facing a top 3 defense. If its a super competitive game, our team isn't as good as I think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    First you say this won't be a cake walk but then predict a 17 point win hahaha. Sure there defense has a pretty good front 7 but without Garrett I don't see them getting much pressure (still SUPER weird to say that). Kizer has been one of the worst QBs in the league this year in various areas and no has a backup LT and facing a top 3 defense. If its a super competitive game, our team isn't as good as I think they are.
    I guess I should have elaborated but I meant my 23-6 score as a grind it out win. I don't think we blow them out. They lost to the Steelers, Colts, Jets, and Titans by 3 points each. If they had any play makers at all this could be a 4-3 team we're playing. Their D will keep the game closer than some expect.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

This game does worry me a bit but damn it would seriously take a terrible effort on both sides of the ball to lose this game. Kizer is getting the start and we should be able to send the dogs after him and get some turnovers.

We just can't overlook them and start our bye week a week early lol. This Vikings team just isn't meant to blow people out and I agree with vikingsfan that we grind it out with a similar score. This game will probably be like 10-3 at halftime and we will have felt like we dominated.

We just have to win this game. 6-2 going into out bye week would be freaking awesome!

Not to mention...5 of the next 6 games are on the road where we are something like 11-15 under Zimmer on the road.

We will put our foot in their *****. Vikings 35-10

After the game the team will take a shower and put on their clothes and get on the plane and celebrate.

Coach Zimmer will stop and have tea and cookies with an old English lady and they will talk about the weather and other things. Afterwards Coach will give the lady a hug and tell her he will see her again one day. 😂

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Stefon Diggs - WR - Vikings
    Oct 25 - 1:55 PM

Stefon Diggs (groin) is traveling with the team to London and has a "good chance" to play Week 8 against the Browns, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune's Ben Goessling.

We'll believe it when we see it. The Vikings have a Week 9 bye after the cross-pond game. The Browns are easily beatable without Diggs in the lineup, and it would probably behoove the team to rest Diggs another two weeks and have him 100 percent for the second half of the year to make a playoff push. We should know more on Diggs' status by early Friday morning.

Source: Ben Goessling on Twitter
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

I think if Diggs plays, itll likely be on limited snaps and only if they feel he wont reaggravate it.

I hope diggs sits. We need him healthy after the bye week.

As long as they don't fill up on the myriad of world class food or get distracted by the fine dental work the country is known for, they should be able to put this team away before the 4th bell......that is, if they don't take the mindset of 'it's just the Browns'
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast