Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

CB Byron Maxwell released, QB David Fales signed

AdamSchefter
    Dolphins released CB Byron Maxwell today, per source. Expected to have a market.

And with their free roster spot, Dolphins likely to sign QB David Fales, who worked out for team Monday and knows Adam Gase’s offense.
    Been inactive the past few games, I'm sure he was starting to be a problem on the bench.
    Last edited by Wrench; 10-24-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Can someone please give me PFF ranking for Maxwell for this year. Can't seem to find it. I thought he was around 110 out of 112 in rankings?

Xavien Howard is 110th, Maxwell doesn't have the snaps to be ranked but by his grade he would be around 108th.

It's pretty much why play Maxwell who is getting wrose over Howard who needs reps. He also had a pretty solid game last week so maybe he is figuring things out.

McCain is 41st and Tankersley 64th via PFF if you want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Xavien Howard is 110th, Maxwell doesn't have the snaps to be ranked but by his grade he would be around 108th.

It's pretty much why play Maxwell who is getting wrose over Howard who needs reps. He also had a pretty solid game last week so maybe he is figuring things out.

McCain is 41st and Tankersley 64th via PFF if you want to know.
    Thank you

We still did a good job on the trade. Kiko is a really good starter for us, and we got a franchise LT too. Byron flamed out when he was counted on to be the #1 CB. He is a #2 at best.

Glad to have him gone, now both Howard and Tankersley can get those reps and not feel like they will be pulled right away if they make a mistake. I still think Howard will be a really good CB in a year or two.

Byron had a hell of a season last year and was a part of the reason why we went to the playoffs. There just seemed to be something off this year and the coaching staff just didn't want to deal with it. It's helped Tank get the reps he needed and we've seen that he can handle them at least.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

good I love Tank

Tunsil really hasn't impressed me much yet tbh

Maualuga has impressed me more than Timmons

our 2017 draft class is way better than our 2016 class

Maxwell sucks always has but the hole was massive when we let Grimes go who was a stud. Maxwell served his purpose and that's just be a temporary bandaid

our DTs are amazing. I think its our best positional strength

season will be really interesting if we keep Moore as the starter and we are still playing for something when McDonald gets in the fold

I told people that Wentz was more impressive than Dak last season. I wish we had him and this is why you don't settle for Tannehill. Wentz is already the best young QB and way better than TH