Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1023 of 1120 FirstFirst ... 2352392397310131021102210231024102510331073 ... LastLast
Results 15,331 to 15,345 of 16788
    Do you think Indiana would trade Malcolm Brogdan.

Something like Brogdon filler and a pick for Morris and Peyton.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    If I can do it, I trade both Morris and Randle. But the return has to be right. I still think we can do better than a late first for Morris. He can tip the scales with a contender. The top teams are pretty evenly matched. Top 15 pick for Morris, end of first round pick for Randle.

I'm also not afraid to take salary back and move the Dallas picks if it gets us another lotto pick this year.
    Morris is as good as gone. One of our PFs has to go so that Knox can get more playing time. I guess I'm the only Knick fan that sees his potential at PF. He can play the 3 too but like Morris, Knox is more a stretch 4 than a starting 3. RJ is more a starting 3 with his size and strength, he is not a good enough shooter to be a starting SG in the new era NBA.

Trade Morris now while his stock is high for Shamet, DLo or Bogs. Knicks don't need anymore draft picks, we need young players that we know can shoot on the NBA level.

Marc Stien is reporting that Jrue was not included in the list of untouchables for NO. So he believes he is available. I would make that same trade for him plus right to swap this year and the Dallas pick. I might do the same for Brogdan.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    Do you think Indiana would trade Malcolm Brogdan.

Something like Brogdon filler and a pick for Morris and Peyton.
    Seriously?

Dude is playing like an all star..

We could offer them Morris, Payton, and a pick or 2 of our own for Brogdon, they would hang up fast. Him and Oladipo is a nasty backcourt, gonna make them a tough out come playoff time

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Seriously?

Dude is playing like an all star..

We could offer them Morris, Payton, and a pick or 2 of our own for Brogdon, they would hang up fast. Him and Oladipo is a nasty backcourt, gonna make them a tough out come playoff time
    I kinda agree on Brogdon. That's why I was wishy washy on the wording. But if Jrue is available I dont THINK a rebuilding team is going to be offering picks as they are rebuilding. And contenders picks will be low, lower still with Jrue. The only reason I thought NO might go for the deal is because reportedly JJ redick isn't available. And I think the other guys are Vets too. So they may want to build the best team available.

They would overpay to keep Morris because stars don't want to go there. However.... I did think about it after I posted this and they definitely would want more youth.

As for us I believe our FO wouldn't trade RJ and that is it. But for NO Peyton is a good pick up. They would probably really like Knox. I don't know if they would value Frank. I doubt they would want DSJr at this point.

If they didn't want the right to switch this year I would offer both our picks next year. Ours (top 5 protected) and Dallas' pick. I could see them loving the idea of have 3 1st round picks. Also our 2nd round pick.

Player wise I'd offer Morris Knox and Peyton. I would throw in DSJr if it mattered at all. I'd replace Knox with Frank if they wanted. Or Trier. I think they would like a microwave showy player like Trier.

Definitely on board with moving randle and keeping Morris if thatís an option. Morris is a wing kind of player and Iíve seen enough of randle to know heís not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Morris is as good as gone. One of our PFs has to go so that Knox can get more playing time. I guess I'm the only Knick fan that sees his potential at PF. He can play the 3 too but like Morris, Knox is more a stretch 4 than a starting 3. RJ is more a starting 3 with his size and strength, he is not a good enough shooter to be a starting SG in the new era NBA.

Trade Morris now while his stock is high for Shamet, DLo or Bogs. Knicks don't need anymore draft picks, we need young players that we know can shoot on the NBA level.
    I don't agree about not needing draft picks. If Knicks somehow swung a deal for another lotto pick and ended up with a back court combo of Cole or Edwards and Nico that would be ideal. Good young players on rookie deals. Oh and they can shoot too.

Wtf did we sign Randle again?

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    I kinda agree on Brogdon. That's why I was wishy washy on the wording. But if Jrue is available I dont THINK a rebuilding team is going to be offering picks as they are rebuilding. And contenders picks will be low, lower still with Jrue. The only reason I thought NO might go for the deal is because reportedly JJ redick isn't available. And I think the other guys are Vets too. So they may want to build the best team available.

They would overpay to keep Morris because stars don't want to go there. However.... I did think about it after I posted this and they definitely would want more youth.

As for us I believe our FO wouldn't trade RJ and that is it. But for NO Peyton is a good pick up. They would probably really like Knox. I don't know if they would value Frank. I doubt they would want DSJr at this point.

If they didn't want the right to switch this year I would offer both our picks next year. Ours (top 5 protected) and Dallas' pick. I could see them loving the idea of have 3 1st round picks. Also our 2nd round pick.

Player wise I'd offer Morris Knox and Peyton. I would throw in DSJr if it mattered at all. I'd replace Knox with Frank if they wanted. Or Trier. I think they would like a microwave showy player like Trier.

Why would NO want Payton, they had him already and let him walk

I also donít think Jrue is good enough for us to go crazy giving up picks/players for him. Good for sure, but not elite level. Not moving the needle nearly enough for this team right now IMO to try and avoid continued rebuilding

BR now reporting Minny among several teams interested in DSjr. I offer them Morris and Smith for their first round pick and fillers...

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    BR now reporting Minny among several teams interested in DSjr. I offer them Morris and Smith for their first round pick and fillers...
    shocking if anyone is interested, but i'd gladly do that deal.

Well, to give the FO credit for one (and the only) thing..

Morris has played well, and it seems he will return something of value at least

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Well, to give the FO credit for one (and the only) thing..

Morris has played well, and it seems he will return something of value at least
    IF they actually move him, I could see us winning 6 of 10 or so and the FO saying this roster is good enough to make a playoff run.

i'm not convinced they will do the right thing and have a fire sale.

I'm torn. At some point we need to stop stripping the roster down to bare bones every offseason. On the other hand we are really bad and could use the assets. I'm just not sure what some more late picks do for us at this stage. Morris is a good piece that wants to be here. If we could dump Randle I wouldn't mind keeping both Morris and Payton. Payton would be a great high minute backup if we draft a PG that can shoot.

I think this team would be much better if we had more Payton and less Randle and played more small ball with Morris/Knox at the 4 in Randle's spot. I think they would be better to the point where we would be comfortable keeping some of these guys instead of feeling like we need a firesale.

Randle, DSJ, Portis, Ellington, Bullock, Trier should be the guys we look to move IMO. I'd like Payton, Taj, Morris to stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I'm torn. At some point we need to stop stripping the roster down to bare bones every offseason. On the other hand we are really bad and could use the assets. I'm just not sure what some more late picks do for us at this stage. Morris is a good piece that wants to be here. If we could dump Randle I wouldn't mind keeping both Morris and Payton. Payton would be a great high minute backup if we draft a PG that can shoot.

I think this team would be much better if we had more Payton and less Randle and played more small ball with Morris/Knox at the 4 in Randle's spot. I think they would be better to the point where we would be comfortable keeping some of these guys instead of feeling like we need a firesale.

Randle, DSJ, Portis, Ellington, Bullock, Trier should be the guys we look to move IMO. I'd like Payton, Taj, Morris to stick around.
    I agree and if we get more picks, I say you have to start packaging them for a good young starting caliber veteran.

And start going to war with Mitch, RJ, whoever we draft and then the young vet we trade for. we also have the cap space to sign a good younger vet like Hayward, Bogs or Bertans.