Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1102 of 1120 FirstFirst ... 102602100210521092110011011102110311041112 ... LastLast
Results 16,516 to 16,530 of 16788
    I would prefer to take on Otto Porters horrible contract for two years if we can get L. Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah agreed. Almost everyone on the team except Morris is seemingly shooting worse than ever. Ellington, Bullock, Knox, Dotson, etc
    on the other side you have THJR who is hitting a ton of 3's in DAL at almost 40% now after shooting them at only 32-33% here.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    I would prefer to take on Otto Porters horrible contract for two years if we can get L. Mark.
    not a bad idea, he's a damn good player if healthy but with his injury he'll probably opt in. but could be a guy that turns it around and turns into a legit starting SF.

Maybe taking him we only give the 2 DAL 1sts and Knox. Maybe give them Morris too to match contracts and they could flip him for an asset. (Randle wouldn't make sense because his contract is almost as bad as Porter so they wouldn't save much $).

ESPN - Zach Lowe

[QUOTE]
    New York veteran frontcourt fatigue

Nothing against any of these guys. Taj Gibson is a grinder and a beloved teammate. He's on fire right now. Julius Randle's offense has perked up over the last month. He just turned 25, so New York's brass can reasonably argue he is part of its young core. The mismatched Randle-Mitchell Robinson pairing has been a slight net-plus over the past five weeks.

Marcus Morris Sr. has been New York's best player. Bobby Portis is ... confident? So there's that.

As a nonpartisan viewer, I'm just ready to turn the page. Like, why is Gibson starting at center? The Knicks are 12-33. Isn't it long past time to throw Robinson into the deep end, even if the fit with Randle -- who needs to play some center -- isn't ideal? Kevin Knox II has been a disaster, but it would be nice to get at least a glance of him as a small-ball power forward.

As one of the original squatters on Julius Randle Hill, I must note that Randle should spend the second half of the season reorienting his game toward winning -- instead of chasing iso-tastic buckets and ramming into walls of defenders.

He has to pass more, and earlier, and prove he can defend one frontcourt position. He might have a better chance at center, despite size issues. He has shown the ability to switch and provide some rim protection when he really tries.

His lack of feel can be exposed more when he's guarding stretch power forwards:

Randle rotates into the paint way too late; he's still leaning there when Kentavious Caldwell-Pope's kickout pass is most of the way to Kyle Kuzma -- Randle's assignment. Randle needs to help-and-recover with precision timing. He's too bulky to gather his momentum and change directions late.

Alas, he has fared no better patrolling the middle this season. Opponents have hit almost 66% of attempts at the rim with Randle nearby, one of the highest (i.e., worst) figures among rotation big men. Ball handlers flummox Randle with hesitation moves and pass fakes. He just apparates right out of driving lanes:

The Knicks might want to try switching with Randle when he's guarding screeners, provided the mismatch on the other end of that switch isn't too severe.
    man all of this is so spot on it hurts, i've been saying it all year. Not sure how anyone can still defend Randle's lack of passing.

and I knew he was bad on D, but those #'s are much worse then I even imagined, he's a turnstyle on defense which is why you could never play him at C.

And yes, please start Mitch and play him some with Knox at PF. Knox is clearly not the quickest guy on his toes and doesn't read offenses well enough to be playing the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    not a bad idea, he's a damn good player if healthy but with his injury he'll probably opt in. but could be a guy that turns it around and turns into a legit starting SF.

Maybe taking him we only give the 2 DAL 1sts and Knox. Maybe give them Morris too to match contracts and they could flip him for an asset. (Randle wouldn't make sense because his contract is almost as bad as Porter so they wouldn't save much $).
    I agree. Otto Porter can play. He is making an insane amount of money for Otto Porter but he can play. I really didn't look at the deal but I do like Otto as a player

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I agree. Otto Porter can play. He is making an insane amount of money for Otto Porter but he can play. I really didn't look at the deal but I do like Otto as a player
    i think we agree on everything except Frank...lol.

[QUOTE=nycericanguy;33353488]ESPN - Zach Lowe

man all of this is so spot on it hurts, i've been saying it all year. Not sure how anyone can still defend Randle's lack of passing.

and I knew he was bad on D, but those #'s are much worse then I even imagined, he's a turnstyle on defense which is why you could never play him at C.

And yes, please start Mitch and play him some with Knox at PF. Knox is clearly not the quickest guy on his toes and doesn't read offenses well enough to be playing the wing.
    The Monk trade works and clears up our glut at the guard position. Charlotte has too many PGs and not enough SGs..

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=vud76e9

Randle is not a good defender but NO was better than the Knicks last season with him at Center. He plays better at center because it forces the opponent to play small and most smaller guys can't stop Julius.

Monk / Frank / Payton
    RJ / Bullock / Dot
    Knox / MKG / Iggy
    Morris / Knox / Wooten
    Randle / Mitch / Taj

Make the trade and let them play

https://youtu.be/iE70ZIyF__o

https://youtu.be/KOyVJE57oGg

That last video was just the other day. Monk is figuring it out and if the Knicks can get him the time is now. He does multiple things that not many players on the Knicks do like move and cut without the ball, finish over defenders like a Ja Morant, get to the basket off of pure dribbling skill, plays the passing lanes for steals using his quickness and length.

Hornets have committed a lot of money to Rozier and they are going to have to pay Graham who are both PGs... Monk is also a PG at 6'3"... This trade works for both teams.

If there's a Malik the Knicks need to go after, it's Malik Beasley from the Nuggets. He's blocked in Denver and has a qualifying offer for 4mill next yr. If we could make a Morris trade with them, that could be interesting. They also have a glut of bigs. Throw us Jared Vanderbilt as well

Plumlee_Vandy_and Beasley for Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    If there's a Malik the Knicks need to go after, it's Malik Beasley from the Nuggets. He's blocked in Denver and has a qualifying offer for 4mill next yr. If we could make a Morris trade with them, that could be interesting. They also have a glut of bigs. Throw us Jared Vanderbilt as well

Finally, a sensible suggestion.

Also the fact that Boog thinks Malik Monk is a PG pretty much tells me heís never seen him play before.

[QUOTE=Knicks Boogie;33353533]
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    ESPN - Zach Lowe

The Monk trade works and clears up our glut at the guard position. Charlotte has too many PGs and not enough SGs..

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=vud76e9

Randle is not a good defender but NO was better than the Knicks last season with him at Center. He plays better at center because it forces the opponent to play small and most smaller guys can't stop Julius.

Monk / Frank / Payton
    RJ / Bullock / Dot
    Knox / MKG / Iggy
    Morris / Knox / Wooten
    Randle / Mitch / Taj

Make the trade and let them play

https://youtu.be/iE70ZIyF__o

https://youtu.be/KOyVJE57oGg

That last video was just the other day. Monk is figuring it out and if the Knicks can get him the time is now. He does multiple things that not many players on the Knicks do like move and cut without the ball, finish over defenders like a Ja Morant, get to the basket off of pure dribbling skill, plays the passing lanes for steals using his quickness and length.

Hornets have committed a lot of money to Rozier and they are going to have to pay Graham who are both PGs... Monk is also a PG at 6'3"... This trade works for both teams.
    They are called highlights for a reason. Heís not a PG and he hasnít been good. He has a game like that then disappears for the next 5-10, almost like Frank.

He hasnít gotten the opportunity like Knox or Frank here and I think heís a much better shooter than what the numbers show, but heís still been bad overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post

I love that trade too Biv... I posted it earlier. Beasley is one of the best pure shooters among the young players and he plays good D. His problem is he is a little undersized at SG at 6'4".

We could make that deal and the Monk trade and have two young 21 year olds to fit in with our core.

Monk / Frank
    RJ / Beasley
    Knox / Bullock
    Randle / Portis
    Mitch / Wooten / Taj

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

Also the fact that Boog thinks Malik Monk is a PG pretty much tells me heís never seen him play before.
    Since Im playing make believe, make that trade, get LaMelo, and sign Hayward this offseason and who knows..lol

Mitch.....Vanderbilt
    Randle....Knox
    Hayward...RJ
    Bullock....Beasley
    LaMelo...Payton and Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

Followed him in high school when he was a 5 star McDonald's all American POINT GUARD. He played off the ball next to Fox who wasn't a better shooter than Monk. The fact that you didn't know that Monk was ranked nationally as a 5 star point guard tells me everything I need to know about your basketball knowledge. Did you know that Graham was actually the point guard at Kansas who went deep into the tournament? But Charlotte is playing him at the SG position as well.

[QUOTE=smood999;33353559]
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post

They are called highlights for a reason. Heís not a PG and he hasnít been good. He has a game like that then disappears for the next 5-10, almost like Frank.

He hasnít gotten the opportunity like Knox or Frank here and I think heís a much better shooter than what the numbers show, but heís still been bad overall.
    Show me some Frank or Knox highlights like that from this season...lol
    The last one was from 4 days ago.

DSJ is doing nothing for us so why not give Monk a shot is all I'm saying. There is no quick fix. Maybe Monk is Jeremy Lin.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Followed him in high school when he was a 5 star McDonald's all American POINT GUARD. He played off the ball next to Fox who wasn't a better shooter than Monk. The fact that you didn't know that Monk was ranked nationally as a 5 star point guard tells me everything I need to know about your basketball knowledge. Did you know that Graham was actually the point guard at Kansas who went deep into the tournament? But Charlotte is playing him at the SG position as well.
    Youíre assuming I didnít know that for some reason?

But at Kentucky, you know where the comp. wasnít a bunch of high schoolers, he played almost exclusively off the ball as a shooter.

Heís shown nothing since to suggest that he can be a facilitator.

Heís a chucker. I guess if we trade for him the hope is that he becomes a better shooter at this level, but I donít think anyone should be banking on him coming in and turning into a legitimate PG.