Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1070 of 1120 FirstFirst ... 7057097010201060106810691070107110721080 ... LastLast
Results 16,036 to 16,050 of 16788
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Fair enough. Didnít realize he had a player option/etc..which would drastically affect his max money

As far as KAT..if you believe heís that kind of player you need to have, you make the deal to get him. Players like that (and young) are extremely difficult to get , as we know
    I think it was Rican who said this but the more you give it thought it makes sense......entice the trade and take back Wiggins. Only if Randle is included. Having a Kat, Morris, RJ, Wiggins, ??? that is a damn good start, I think if used properly Wiggins has a spot in the NBA, but look at that shooting, size, now go get a PG and that team is battling in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I think it was Rican who said this but the more you give it thought it makes sense......entice the trade and take back Wiggins. Only if Randle is included. Having a Kat, Morris, RJ, Wiggins, ??? that is a damn good start, I think if used properly Wiggins has a spot in the NBA, but look at that shooting, size, now go get a PG and that team is battling in the East.
    Issue is though..taking back Wiggins, youíre locked into 3 more years of the KAT/Wiggins duo that cant even play .500 ball, and who chased away Butler

Issue is though..taking back Wiggins, youíre locked into 3 more years of the KAT/Wiggins duo that cant even play .500 ball, and who chased away Butler
    Butler couldn't stand KAT because he didn't share his intensity for winning.

I'm really shocked some fans think KAT can be traded for easily. Say goodbye to RJ and this years lotto pick just to get Minny to kick up the phone. Those Dallas picks might help get a second lotto pick this year but they won't move the needle in getting KAT.

So you are looking at minimum; RJ, this years pick, 2022 pick, and probably even more.

Not saying I expect that either. Just saying itís possible he leaves. If LA was where he wanted to be, why wouldnít the extension have been signed already?

On the other hand, he did confirm he had us on his list of teams he wanted to get traded to. If he wasnít scared then, why would now be different?
    Because if he waits until the summer he will make around 40 million more when he resigns with them

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post

I'm really shocked some fans think KAT can be traded for easily. Say goodbye to RJ and this years lotto pick just to get Minny to kick up the phone. Those Dallas picks might help get a second lotto pick this year but they won't move the needle in getting KAT.

So you are looking at minimum; RJ, this years pick, 2022 pick, and probably even more.
    Yeah. Thatís what Iím getting at...

Give up a ton for a guy whoís got questions? Iím not saying heís not damn good, but good enough to give up whatever we have, plus whatever picks we have for the next several years. Kind of move you make when you have pieces in place already, and you think thereís a few year window of actually contending

Worries me that Butler didnít like him. Honestly, that dude wants to win, wants to play hard. Heís over there with a bunch of young guys that hustle, and he loves it. Donít see him complaining at all

Yeah. Thatís what Iím getting at...

Give up a ton for a guy whoís got questions? Iím not saying heís not damn good, but good enough to give up whatever we have, plus whatever picks we have for the next several years. Kind of move you make when you have pieces in place already, and you think thereís a few year window of actually contending

Worries me that Butler didnít like him. Honestly, that dude wants to win, wants to play hard. Heís over there with a bunch of young guys that hustle, and he loves it. Donít see him complaining at all
    And also consider this, do we really pull off a deal this big with Mills and Perry rumored to be in job saving mode right now? Those guys will be desperate and overpay bigtime.

The Athletic is reporting that the Knicks could get a late first round pick or a young player and a second round pick for Morris. One of the teams mentioned is the Clippers.

Do you bite?

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Well seems you get your wish.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-clippers-buzz

Now the Knicks will sign him to a 4 year deal at 31 and he will play like last seasons Marcus Morris... you know the one the Celtics didn't want back? Again I like Morris and the fact that he wants to be a Knick but you have to sell high at his age unless you have a good veteran TEAM. Knicks core Frank, RJ, Knox, Mitch are baby's... babies getting balled out every night by grown men!

In order to grow and get better, they have to take their bumps and bruises but in the meantime I'd rather they do it with veterans closer to 25 than 30.
    This should just increase the asking price

The Athletic is reporting that the Knicks could get a late first round pick or a young player and a second round pick for Morris. One of the teams mentioned is the Clippers.

Do you bite?
    I guess it depends who the young player is but in a vacuum no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahn just said on ESPN that Knicks are going to attempt to accelerate the rebuild process by disgruntled star hunting.

Hahn just said on ESPN that Knicks are going to attempt to accelerate the rebuild process by disgruntled star hunting.
    That's the normal in Knicks land.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

I wants the Celts draft pick they got from Memphis and Carson Edwards for Morris. There's just no way Celts can compete as is vs those big teams in the west.

Celts can add in financial fillers and expiring deals like Theis, Wannamaker, and Williams to make it work.
    Last edited by Bivory; 01-09-2020 at 03:27 PM.

In that case, goodbye RJ, this yearís lotto pick (in what looks like one of the worst drafts in recent memory), and our 2022 pick where if we build around KAT correctly, wonít be a great pick anyway.

Weíve had lottery picks in 3 consecutive years and outside of KP, none of them look like future stars in this league. Clearly no FAs want to come here so the only way to make it happen is to get a superstar like KAT who is only 24 years old and grew up a diehard Knicks fan. This isnít a Melo kind of deal where we MUST win now otherwise we are screwed.

So whoís that then? One guy? And which of those are going to be less disgruntled coming here?

This is just getting worse and worse.

I'm not trading RJ or Mitch in a deal for KAT, we absolutely need those two to hit to have any hope. The only thing I'd consider is a scaled back version of the Clippers PG13 trade using a vet (Morris), young pieces (Knox and Frank), and a boatload of picks (Mavs picks and our 2020 and 2022).