Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 648 of 661 FirstFirst ... 148548598638646647648649650658 ... LastLast
Results 9,706 to 9,720 of 9905
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Knicks already have a younger version of Wall in Mudiay. Actually Mudiay is a better shooter than Wall was at 22. Mudiay just needs to improve his defense but the price difference between Wall and Mudiay's potential doesn't make up the dollar differences in their contracts. With Burke out now this is the best time to have Frank fill in those backup pg duties with less pressure. This doghouse crap is going too far. Let Marcus Smart and his Protege Frank battle tonight off the bench in Boston.

C'mon Fiz... Free Frank
    Dear lord. Obviously it's not worth arguing Wall with you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    His first season with us will be at age 31. He's also got an injury history. My point was that there is risk with all off these guys. And we are still long shots to get Durant. The Wall situation we have some control over.
    Wall is my kind of PG. Defends, Drives and Passes. Takes it to the rack and is at worst an average shooter
    i get what you're saying, but there are stars being traded every year now for 50 cents on the dollar. I don't think you give up on Zion and Durant for someone like Wall. not with that contract.

if we miss on Zion and Durant, then a trade for someone like Wall after FAgency starts to make some sense, but now its not the time. we have a chance to add Zion and Durant to this roster, maybe not a great chance, but even if its just a 20% chance you have to take your swing and see what happens. There will be other chances at guys of Wall's caliber, we won't have another chance at Zion though, or at a top 3 guy like Durant in FAgency.

When you guys refer to having a chance at Zion - You are basically hoping for the #1 pick. You can't be planning around that.

Stars that were traded for 50 cents on the dollar, are generally guys that were disgruntled AND in the last year of their contracts. That second part is way more important than the first point.

Butler, George, Kyrie & Kawhi are the guys I assume we're talking about. Kawahi was traded for Derozan, not exactly 50 cents. And Kyrie was traded for what could've been top 5 pick, 8 still not bad and Isiah Thomas. The issue is the teams trading them were dealing with a situation where those guys were going to be Free agents and you risked losing them for nothing.

Not the case with Wall. We keep talking about waiting. But if Wall is made available, he will be moved. We said the same thing about Butler, Kawahi, and Kyrie. Lets wait for the offseason and then get them. Meanwhile those guys are on the top 5 teams in the NBA now. You're not getting them.

The only reason I wouldn’t go for Wall, is that contract plus the kicker

He’s the only move we can possibly make then, plus losing any FA left, plus whatever we give up. Rather take a shot at FA

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    This is a good article that will give fans not too in touch with college hoop a better feel for all the talent that will be available in the draft. It will be a somewhat deep draft so don't worry Knicks fans, Knicks will get another good building block. Let's win as many games as possible and keep these young developing players confidence high and continue to build team chemistry.

Win for the culture...draft smart!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-the-no-1-spot
    Knicks should take Kevin Portor at 5 slot. He's only 18 but showing the flash of an older player. He has potential star written in him.

When you guys refer to having a chance at Zion - You are basically hoping for the #1 pick. You can't be planning around that.
    Stop trying to reason with them

Zion is the ultimate prize but their are other prizes like KP/Kevin Porter, Reddish, Bol Bol, and some others.

KNICKS/JAZZ

Ntilikina + Lee = Rubio + pick 1rd (maybe top 10 protected)

Utah receive a useful veteran (Lee) and a young french (connection Frank/Rudy).
    Ntilikina - Mitchell (Lee) - Ingles - Crowder (Favors) - Gobert

Knicks receive a PG expiring (Rubio)... pick in between 11º/20º... and gets rid of 18M in wages for 19/20.

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    Zion is the ultimate prize but their are other prizes like KP/Kevin Porter, Reddish, Bol Bol, and some others.
    No to Bol Bol, but yes there are others.

well the worst 4-5 teams have just about equal odds at the #1. so we should have a much better chance this year than in past years. but really, a top 3 pick in general would be huge. And trading for Wall certainly takes us out of that range.

No Wall he will ruin our draft position.

Free agents Knicks should consider if they miss out on the big names

Forwards
    Tobias Harris
    Harrison Barnes

Point Guards
    Kyrie Irving
    Kemba Walker

Centers
    Vucevic
    Kanter

Do not worry it looks like LA is on Wall for Ball, Pope and another young asset. Knicks can move on. I do not want Wall but no way in hell is Mudiay is Wall. AS STEPHEN A WOULD SAY. THE DISRESPECT!
    Last edited by cssdmark; 12-06-2018 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    No Wall he will ruin our draft position.

Free agents Knicks should consider if they miss out on the big names

Forwards
    Tobias Harris
    Harrison Barnes

Point Guards
    Kyrie Irving
    Kemba Walker

Centers
    Vucevic
    Kanter

For me, remove the Centers. Go with Mitchell and let him develop. I'm not spending big money there AT ALL. Especially to guys that don't play defense. Vuc is basically Kanter on steriods.

Middleton, Randle, Tobias, Bledsoe are guys I’d have interest in if we strike out on the big names.