Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1083 of 1120 FirstFirst ... 8358398310331073108110821083108410851093 ... LastLast
Results 16,231 to 16,245 of 16788
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Brogs got 4-85 and he didn't have the PG stats that Van has, only this year has Brogs shown he has that talent level. Brogs also cost picks and was traded.

VanVleet is going to cost more than Brogs got. And Brogs was in a very strong FA class, this FA class who is there besides Van? No one.......he will be well sort after......heck he may near 30m with this class and teams looking for a PG, Including Toronto.
    Donít agree at all. Brogdon is much bigger, first off. Second, it was 100% obvious Brogdon had the goods. And you know I was saying it all along. I guarantee there was other teams more than willing to pay him

well actually I brought him up in here a lot lol....just no one agrees with and some don't think he's that good?

I'd Love VanVleet and with him I'd be more confortable trading Randle for Drey to be honest.

Drey, Morris, (Hayward, Bertans, Bogs, Harris) RJ, VanVleet

Get anyone of those 4, then things can make sense. You can't cover all those guys, and then leave the paint open for Drey, and RJ and Van have no problems getting to the rim or driving and Kicking of lobbing.

We would only be so lucky to have that roster. That in the East will net 45 or more wins.
    Iíd take him either way, but I do want to see how he plays the rest of the season. Heís been hurt and less effective over the last 6 weeks.

Completely agree on Randle/Drummond. Of the guys you listed, I think Bertans makes the most sense.

Drummond
    Bertans
    Morris
    Barrett
    VanFleet

3 above average or better 3 point shooters, a promising young slasher in RJ with an improving 3 point shot, and a big man down low who will absorb all the rebounds, and use his passing ability to find open shooters from the post.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Yeah I know, thatís why I said it would take an offer too big to make sense. VanVleet isnít as good as those guys
    I don't think you watch him enough, he don't have the ball like most PG's do, Lowry is there and if he controlled a team like most Pg's today do he may just lead the league in assists, he's getting 7 now with Lowry.

IDK.......even his stats shout out......18/7 on .372 shooting from three, and a lifetime .388 shooter from three.

He shoots 7 threes per game, and his usage is 22%, shoots 85% from the FT line and gets there 4.2 x

Damn I get more excited each time he comes up, it's a pipe dream unless we fire Mills and Perry.

VanVleet is a proven PG which we have not had in like forever, and Gallo for the right price would be a nice piece off the bench backing up Morris and continues to spread the court.
    If we got Gallo, he would absolutely start. Heís better and more proven than Morris in his career.

The 2017-18 All NBA Trades Ideas Thread

Yeah I know, thatís why I said it would take an offer too big to make sense. VanVleet isnít as good as those guys
    VanFleet is absolutely better than Jrue IMO.

Russell just doesnít seem like a winning player.

The Nets without Kyrie and Russell basically had the same record this year than last year....
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 01-17-2020 at 07:37 PM.

I don't think you watch him enough, he don't have the ball like most PG's do, Lowry is there and if he controlled a team like most Pg's today do he may just lead the league in assists, he's getting 7 now with Lowry.

IDK.......even his stats shout out......18/7 on .372 shooting from three, and a lifetime .388 shooter from three.

He shoots 7 threes per game, and his usage is 22%, shoots 85% from the FT line and gets there 4.2 x

Damn I get more excited each time he comes up, it's a pipe dream unless we fire Mills and Perry.
    Seen him plenty..Iíve liked his game from day one. Iím a fan, and Iíd love him here

Brogs got 4-85 and he didn't have the PG stats that Van has, only this year has Brogs shown he has that talent level. Brogs also cost picks and was traded.

VanVleet is going to cost more than Brogs got. And Brogs was in a very strong FA class, this FA class who is there besides Van? No one.......he will be well sort after......heck he may near 30m with this class and teams looking for a PG, Including Toronto.
    I said 4/100 for VanFleet. Thatís what the Knicks desperation bonus was supposed to indicate.

Iíd probably go as high as 4/110. Anything higher is too much IMO

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    VanFleet is absolutely better than Jrue IMO.

Russell just doesnít seem like a winning player.

The Nets without Kyrie and Russell basically had the same record this year than last year....
    I donít agree with any of this

And the Nets situation is due to Dinwiddie, another guy I was hoping we would have had a shot at. Heís a legit player

Seen him plenty..Iíve liked his game from day one. Iím a fan, and Iíd love him here
    At this point as many here have said what are we saving cap for, you going to not give him say 4m per not to have him here? Value over payment, if he brings us what we need they he's worth it.

I'd love a quick, fast, tough PG that shoots .388 from three and dont' miss foul shots and shoots over 4 a game.

Yea I'd be one happy camper.

I donít agree with any of this

And the Nets situation is due to Dinwiddie, another guy I was hoping we would have had a shot at. Heís a legit player
    How is Jrue better than VanFleet?

Yeah Dinwiddie is a stud, but that says more about him than Russell. The Warriors are disgraceful this year, I feel like they should be a little better.

The 2017-18 All NBA Trades Ideas Thread

At this point as many here have said what are we saving cap for, you going to not give him say 4m per not to have him here? Value over payment, if he brings us what we need they he's worth it.

I'd love a quick, fast, tough PG that shoots .388 from three and dont' miss foul shots and shoots over 4 a game.

Yea I'd be one happy camper.
    Drummond, Bertans, Gallo, and VanFleet would certainly change the culture here for sure. Weíd go from a team that canít shoot and canít shoot FTs to a team that actually excels in those areas. We would also have assets to make a KAT trade possible too.

We canít keep tanking seasons and striking out on stars hoping for things to be different. Itís foolish.

Brogs was traded and was a RFA there is a huge difference there. Teams are hesitant to tie up cap especially last FA when the majority of the league were all FA's.

This year, go look at the FA's, VanVleet will get paid, he is also a UFA which any team with cap will go for him and any team without cap will make a play for a sign and trade.

How is Jrue better than VanFleet?

Yeah Dinwiddie is a stud, but that says more about him than Russell. The Warriors are disgraceful this year, I feel like they should be a little better.
    VanVleet has to prove it, by being the main guard. Heís small, and he has had the luxury of playing alongside a bunch of good players, and for good coaches. He has to prove it first, is all.

Drummond, Bertans, Gallo, and VanFleet would certainly change the culture here for sure. Weíd go from a team that canít shoot and canít shoot FTs to a team that actually excels in those areas. We would also have assets to make a KAT trade possible too.

We canít keep tanking seasons and striking out on stars hoping for things to be different. Itís foolish.
    I love the plan but will they come ?

Weíre paying Taj, Ellington, and Payton $25m this season. Just dump those awful guys and use that money on VanFleet, itís pretty simple.