Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1081 of 1120 FirstFirst ... 8158198110311071107910801081108210831091 ... LastLast
Results 16,201 to 16,215 of 16788
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    They can keep Morris and draft top 3.. donít see the need to trade Morris for pick 27-29. They could buy a pick like that if a team wants to save cap. So yeah no thanks if thatís the best thatís being offered. Iíd resign Morris let portis Ellington and Payton go. Theyíll trade Dsj for a 2nd or something. If you have no plans of resigning Morris I guess it makes sense to just deal him but Iíd keep him. I think there is no shot Hayward comes here so i think Morris is the best guy we can get. Itís not often someone wants to be a Knick. The key is hitting on this draft pick and RJ working on that jumper.
    Buy a late 1st? I hear that every year. That never happens anymore, look up the last time it did. I'd be surprised if there's even one instance in the last 5 years. Hell make it 10.

A first round pick will come in real handy this summer if there is trade to be made. You know what won't come in handy. Morris. He will be a FA. Not in our control. Also if you want him just sign him again. The Morris brothers are big boys, you won't hurt their feelings.

We have 41 games left and a bottom 5 finish coming. Dude has missed the last 6 games w/ a sore neck. If he plays more than 30 games it will be shocking. So what is the value of keeping him?? A few more wins and a worse lottery position?

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    This. I think we have a mental problem with the Knicks. Because the perception of them is SUPER DISFUNCTIONAL we think that there needs to be this radical change, when really "Rome wasn't built in a day". The main problem the Knicks have is radical thinking. We have to act like a basic fundamental regular franchise and do regular franchise things. Rebuild, develop, consistency, and NOT GO FOR OTHER TEAM'S THROWAWAYS.

Imagine this lineup - in its Prime: Mitch, Knox (PF), RJ, Harris, Frank; or draft Ball (for example) and have Frank run 2nd unit. The real key to this whole think working is the development of Knox at the 4. Can he rebound enough, can he defend 4 (I think in 2 years the answers are yes) - Offensively, if he keeps improving, he will be an offensive juggernaut at the PF spot. We're just waiting to the light to come on - ala Brandon Ingram.

But Mitch and a roaming 4 like Knox is what the NBA is about now. Got to have balance in this league. But the problem is, all the radical thinkers in this chat will burn down the development process before it ever gets there.
    It's a nice dream. I'm not convinced those guys will get there at the same time. Or that the Knicks can retain them all if they actually are good. I like Harris tho.

But that line up has one potential all star and 4 role players right now. The rest is just hope on your end.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    Why are we still discussing Dre...you all are all smart bball fans right?

You know there is a difference between a winning player and a player that gets stats. They can be the same player and many times they are not the same player. Is Drummond the type of player to lead your team to a title? If the answer is no, then you cannot pay him 30 mil dollars just to put up stats (or as a Center in this league even $20 mil).

There is always a reason a team looks to get rid of a player. That is the HUGE red flag. Concentrate on who will fit best next to Barrett next year and build that way. Sometimes simple is best. Just get Harris from BK and put him at SG next to Barrett at SF. Guarantee that will change the team in a more productive way than trading Julius for Drummond.
    Spare us the lecture and generalization - We're talking about it, because its in the news. There are plenty of reasons to pull a trade like that. And saying our FO isn't creative enough or smart enough to pull it off isn't a reason to not think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    It would be irresponsible for the Knicks to trade for Dre. KNICKS ARE SELLERS, NOT BUYERS. Building a team by trading young assets, robs Peter to pay Paul. And btw, which position is impacting the game more these days, the wings and guards some of you mention that you're willing to trade, or C's who don't stretch the floor or play good D?

Teams are salivating, just waiting for the Knicks to make the mistake of giving up lottery picks for a guy on a one yr deal.
    But what if you are getting young assets back as well? What if the young assets you are giving up have different perceived values w/ your trading partner (Mr. Strained Oblique, whatever that means)? Surely we can walk and chew gum at the same time, and analyze each scenario on its own.

Daryl: I need to get Russ out of here, let's talk.
    Biv: Hang up! We're sellers!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    But what if you are getting young assets back as well? What if the young assets you are giving up have different perceived values w/ your trading partner (Mr. Strained Oblique, whatever that means)? Surely we can walk and chew gum at the same time, and analyze each scenario on its own.

Daryl: I need to get Russ out of here, let's talk.
    Biv: Hang up! We're sellers
    !
    100% Trading for a guy you could've just made a play for in FA and ignored when he lived in your home town, would make the Knicks look even more incompetent than many would believe they are. Not to mention, the Knicks would have to give up young piece/s and pick/s to get him. IMO, That ship sailed.

Donít give up on the process and trade away anyone young or any of our draft picks . Weíre not that far away from success. We just have to be patient and let our guys develop. Get another high draft pick this summer and keep it moving . If someone wants to sign with us as a free agent than so be it . But donít go trading away the value of this team .

Certain guys can go like dsj / tier even though I think he should play more but coaching staff doesnít seem to think so .
    Portis , taj ,

I think the knicks should resign Morris in the summer . And if they donít plan to than trade him to .

I like Dotson especially for the amount of money heís making .

And Reggie is a good addition to the team .

I guess it all depends on what we can get in a trade .

But I say keep the young guys and let them build a new culture here together. As a team that developed together .

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    100% Trading for a guy you could've just made a play for in FA and ignored when he lived in your home town, would make the Knicks look even more incompetent than many would believe they are. Not to mention, the Knicks would have to give up young piece/s and pick/s to get him. IMO, That ship sailed.
    Just an example, sub in Towns or whoever.
    Each situation should be approached individually

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    I think stilla wrote that article lol

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I think stilla wrote that article lol

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    No, Still doesn't want to deal for Drummond I do... If you look in the Suns vs Knicks thread last night I said exactly what the title of this article reads in my last post after the game. Mitch may just be a backup center. Drummond is the real deal but them 2 together and you have the paint locked down.

Knicks have to be good at something, looks like we can never get an elite backcourt so let's build an elite frontcourt while we can actually young players to do that. Hopefully in the draft we add an elite player to team up with RJ and then build chemistry from there.

The 2012 Detroit Pistons had Andre Drummond, Greg Monroe, & Khris Middleton. To be fair, Drummond & Middleton were rookies, drafted by Joe Dumars. It didn't take long for the problems to appear: Spacing.

Course the Pistons lost Monroe and then tried Blake Griffin who does have more of shot and passing than either Drummond or Monroe. STILL hasn't worked out. Now, both are being offered.

Drummond alongside Mitchell Robinson is a disaster. Neither will stretch the D because they couldn't hit a 3-pointer to save their lives.

Drummond is going to opt out of $28.7M player option and demand MORE. He likes Blake Griffin's extension where he gets paid $34-38M/season. If the Knicks trade for him, they're losing prospects before they have to re-sign

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The 2012 Detroit Pistons had Andre Drummond, Greg Monroe, & Khris Middleton. To be fair, Drummond & Middleton were rookies, drafted by Joe Dumars. It didn't take long for the problems to appear: Spacing.

Course the Pistons lost Monroe and then tried Blake Griffin who does have more of shot and passing than either Drummond or Monroe. STILL hasn't worked out. Now, both are being offered.

Drummond alongside Mitchell Robinson is a disaster. Neither will stretch the D because they couldn't hit a 3-pointer to save their lives.

Drummond is going to opt out of $28.7M player option and demand MORE. He likes Blake Griffin's extension where he gets paid $34-38M/season. If the Knicks trade for him, they're losing prospects before they have to re-sign
    1. Drey is rumored to want a 3 yr deal at 20m per so no he won't get more. And the rumor is Atlanta turned that down.
    2. where is Blake rumored in trades? You said both are being offered I have not heard that and that would be a waste of time based on his contract and injuries.
    3. no one said Drey alongside Mitch, the topic is them as a tandem like the Nets have that you bragged about with Allen and Jordan.
    4. Pistons were dumb they traded for an often injured player and gave up Avery Bradley, Tobias Harris and a first that is now Miles Bridges and a second. And have him on the books after this year for two more years at 37m and 39m...
    5. their starting back court and sub back court was Calderon, Knight and Stuckey, Drey played 60 games avg 20 min and Middleton played 27 games avg 17 min

6. fast forward only 3 seasons and the win 44 games up from the 17 and got rid of Monroe (Randle), and added Morris ( we have a better version of him), Bullock only played in 17 games and 11 min per and they had Reggie Jackson at the point who gave them 19/6

Moral of the story is you can add Drey, lose Randle and get a pg and become a team on the rise apparently

Thanks for the example because next year i'll take 44 wins in a ny second and we already have Bullock, apparently we will have Morris, could have a better version of Drey, and Mitch has his backup, and whatever Knox, FRank, draft pick and FA's bring.

Facts I just heard on NBA Radio about Mr. Andre Drummond...
    ...He has 7, 20-20 games. The rest of the NBA combined has 9
    ...He has a career 100 defensive rating which is top 5 in the NBA right now
    ...He is a career plus 9
    ...His free throws are up
    ...He has led the NBA in rebounding the last 4 out of 5 years
    ...At 26 he is just reaching his prime.
    ...He is top 5 in passer rating among centers

The 2017-18 All NBA Trades Ideas Thread

Iím surprised there isnít more discussion about Fred VanFleet. He seems like the perfect option for us this offseason, and he wonít cost a max. Heís a good 3 point shooter, he a good PG, and a good defender. He lacks size, but he were taller heíd cost a max.

Sign VanFleet and make a reunion with Gallinari. Iím assuming the Knicks get a pick for Morris here.

If Edwards is gone, draft James Wiseman and all of a sudden the Knicks have some ammo for an KAT trade since he or Mitch become expendable.

I would also try to pry away Josh Jackson from the Grizzlesí G League or sign him this offseason.

C-Wiseman
    PF-Randle
    SF-Gallinari
    SG-Barrett
    PG-VanFleet

Bench: Jackson, Mitch, Bullock, Knox, Frank, Allen, Wooten

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Iím surprised there isnít more discussion about Fred VanFleet. He seems like the perfect option for us this offseason, and he wonít cost a max. Heís a good 3 point shooter, he a good PG, and a good defender. He lacks size, but he were taller heíd cost a max.

Sign VanFleet and make a reunion with Gallinari. Iím assuming the Knicks get a pick for Morris here.

If Edwards is gone, draft James Wiseman and all of a sudden the Knicks have some ammo for an KAT trade since he or Mitch become expendable.

I would also try to pry away Josh Jackson from the Grizzlesí G League or sign him this offseason.

C-Wiseman
    PF-Randle
    SF-Gallinari
    SG-Barrett
    PG-VanFleet

No older vets please, let's keep it young and keep building around a young core.

Better to lose with a young team growing together than to throw in some 30 year olds and get stuck in the dreaded middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post

Mitch isn't starting now or anytime soon. What are you talking about? This team is not going to be built around a 2nd round high school kid who is a rim runner with no post moves. Drummond starts, gives you near 20-20 every game with 4 assists which is more than Payton is averaging. If we keep Morris then you have your stretch 4 or go after Bertans in FA. Talking about Drummond as a rookie in 2012 has nothing to do with the player he is now.

Drummond is also not a savior, no one player is but Drummond and RJ is a good start. Mitch and Knox have a lot to learn but our biggest problem is we have to draft a Good Point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

C-Wiseman
    PF-Randle
    SF-Gallinari
    SG-Barrett
    PG-VanFleet

I highly doubt VanVleet is leaving Toronto. No one here thinks thatís happening. Iíd love to have him though

Iíd be fine with Gallo too, heís had a nice career, a few good years in a row now..