Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 497 of 578 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499507547 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 8656
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Fair, but I agree with nycerican that weíre at the point where something like THJ and Lee for Wiggins and Aldrich might get it done.
    I agree as well, Lee fits coach Thibs style of play. THJ will give them a spark off the bench like Crawford was doing last year.

There are only 2 really good PG's in this draft that are difference makers and thats Young and Sexton. If the Knicks are not gonna get either one they need to ttrade for one. Kemba would fit in nicely for 1 year, see how it works and go from there in 2019. I'm not sure what the Hornets would want for him but its worth it to kick the tires there anyhow.

Burke, Mudiay, Baker, and Williams are decent young talent to get back in return along with a future pick or what have you.

Knicks, Mavs, Nuggets

Knicks receives Harrison Barnes, Kenneth Faried, 5th pick, 14th pick

Dallas receives Lance Thomas, Tim Hardaway Jr, 9th pick

Denver receives Courtney Lee , Damyean Dotson, 2018 2nd round pick (knicks)

5th pick Mohamed Bamba
    14th pick Troy Brown (My sleeper)

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    There are only 2 really good PG's in this draft that are difference makers and thats Young and Sexton. If the Knicks are not gonna get either one they need to ttrade for one. Kemba would fit in nicely for 1 year, see how it works and go from there in 2019. I'm not sure what the Hornets would want for him but its worth it to kick the tires there anyhow.

Burke, Mudiay, Baker, and Williams are decent young talent to get back in return along with a future pick or what have you.
    If we traded for Kemba we wouldn't have to give him a super max - we could offer him a deal starting at 19/20 mil per....reason being is where else in the open market could he go to that would offer him that kind of deal at 28 years old. Knicks are 1 of literally only a handful of teams that need a starting point guard. He wouldn't have any options really....lakers and Philly are def out...magic maybe? Clippers?

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    If we traded for Kemba we wouldn't have to give him a super max - we could offer him a deal starting at 19/20 mil per....reason being is where else in the open market could he go to that would offer him that kind of deal at 28 years old. Knicks are 1 of literally only a handful of teams that need a starting point guard. He wouldn't have any options really....lakers and Philly are def out...magic maybe? Clippers?
    My same sentiments.

Quote Originally Posted by KnickVeteran View Post
    Knicks, Mavs, Nuggets

5th pick Mohamed Bamba
    Bamba and Lonnie Walker or Kevin Knox would be my choice in your trade scenario.

Knicks, Mavs, Nuggets

5th pick Mohamed Bamba
    Why do the mavs do this? Is Hardaway that much better than Barnes? Idk about that.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Yeah you stretch out his final year into paying him less for multiple years. Not even close to worth it. Crabbe had a worse contract and was moved easy. Caroll basically the same contract was moved for pick 28 lol itís really not hard to move money, especially short term like Noah. And at the very least you can use Noah salary as a filler next year in a trade...
    Ok well no, that's not how it works. Not sure I agree with the crabbe/caroll comparison, those are NBA players, Noah is dead weight.

When you stretch a contract you can stretch it for twice the number of years remaining on the contract. Hypothetically if you stretch Noah before 8/31 you basically turn his contract from 2/37.8 to 4/9.5mln. No one is suggesting that. If you do it after 8/31 this year counts but the next one gets stretched to two. Don't do that either.

Now let's say it summer of '19 - You have signed Kyrie to the max, KP has his extension. Timmy is still on the books along with Frank, #9, Dotson. Which would leave you with a few mln maybe after cap holds. Here we go, now you want to create more cap space to sign someone for lets say $15-20mln. Stretching Noah's final $20mln breaks it into 2/10. Frees up $10mln right away without making any moves, or giving up any assets. If you can trade Noah without giving anything up, sure do it.
    But if not you push $10mln of salary into a year where you will be already capped out and not able to spend. Minimal impact. It gives you another option. GMs aren't just sitting there thinking this guy is easy to move, that guy is easy to move. They're not. A trade is damn complicated.

Just saying its important to think things through. I mean you don't have to, that's why we have pros running the team.
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Ok well no, that's not how it works. Not sure I agree with the crabbe/caroll comparison, those are NBA players, Noah is dead weight.

When you stretch a contract you can stretch it for twice the number of years remaining on the contract. Hypothetically if you stretch Noah before 8/31 you basically turn his contract from 2/37.8 to 4/9.5mln. No one is suggesting that. If you do it after 8/31 this year counts but the next one gets stretched to two. Don't do that either.

Now let's say it summer of '19 - You have signed Kyrie to the max, KP has his extension. Timmy is still on the books along with Frank, #9, Dotson. Which would leave you with a few mln maybe after cap holds. Here we go, now you want to create more cap space to sign someone for lets say $15-20mln. Stretching Noah's final $20mln breaks it into 2/10. Frees up $10mln right away without making any moves, or giving up any assets. If you can trade Noah without giving anything up, sure do it.
    But if not you push $10mln of salary into a year where you will be already capped out and not able to spend. Minimal impact. It gives you another option. GMs aren't just sitting there thinking this guy is easy to move, that guy is easy to move. They're not. A trade is damn complicated.

Just saying its important to think things through. I mean you don't have to, that's why we have pros running the team.
    That's exactly how I'm seeing the Noah situation too. Let him sit, or since now that Willy is gone and potentially KOQ if he opts out, let him get some backup C burn cause why not.

Knicks, Mavs, Nuggets

5th pick Mohamed Bamba
    Dallas wouldn't do this... they give up the best pick and the best player? It's not like they need to save money either. Denver also wants to shed cap, not take on more.

I heard this point on the radio and thought it was a great point.

Paul George is on of the best players in the league, and arguably up until Kawhi broke out the best 2 way player in the league... No one is really talking about him, like at all. George is a proud dude, who has visions of championships and an individual legacy. So with all that being said the best move for Paul George is the New York Knicks. If he goes there and starts winning games, he is back in the conversation of one of the best players in the game.

This by the way was said by a normal fan no one special lol. However I thought he made a great point. I'm not sure he doesn't get that by going to LA. However if Paul George came here and somehow by the grace of God we won a title... he is immortal ha

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    I heard this point on the radio and thought it was a great point.

Paul George is on of the best players in the league, and arguably up until Kawhi broke out the best 2 way player in the league... No one is really talking about him, like at all. George is a proud dude, who has visions of championships and an individual legacy. So with all that being said the best move for Paul George is the New York Knicks. If he goes there and starts winning games, he is back in the conversation of one of the best players in the game.

This by the way was said by a normal fan no one special lol. However I thought he made a great point. I'm not sure he doesn't get that by going to LA. However if Paul George came here and somehow by the grace of God we won a title... he is immortal ha
    We say that about everyone - If that were really the case, he should've just stayed in Indiana
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

Winning in Indiana is not even close to the same as winning a title with The Knicks. Hell im not sure there is a situation in all of sports that would be the same.

Dude it doesnít matter who joins the Knicks and helps push them over the top to win .
    If the Knicks ever by the grace of god win a title than not only will the star player be recognized but every single person on the team will be immortal .
    The same can be said for jimmy butler , lebron , Irving / Klay Thompson / kd / Kemba / Kwai leanord /Karl Anthony towns heck even melo . The list goes on and on . It would be a damn Mirical if the Knicks ever win a title while Iím alive .

In 2019/2020 I can see a big 3 playing for the Knicks that consist of
    Kyrie Irving /
    One of
    Kwai leanord / Butler / klay / pg13
    And kp.
    We be set with a top five player
    At the guard / wing / big