Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 469 of 578 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471479519569 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,035 of 8666
    Anyhow the type of culture the Knicks want to go forth with they need to step outside the box. With limited cap space this would be a good draft to buy back into the bottom of the 1st rd or the top of the 2nd rd.

Take a flyer on Jared Vanderbilt, Chandler Hutchinson, Tropy Brown, Tyus Battle, or Melvin Frazier with any pick outside the 9th pick they have. Preferably Vanderbilt,but if you can some how come away with any 2 of these guys the Knicks would be in really good shape.

So the question I have is, if a team buys a pick from another team, does that pick count against your teams cap space?

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Send a message to mgt?? Maybe that made sense last yr, but this is NEW mgt and a NEW coach. If anything, mgt has already made changes which if that's what he wanted, why wouldn't he at least embrace the change?

There really are no excuses for KP's silence. Right now, he's the one looking like he's averse to change, not the organization.
    Perry is a new face but upper management and ownership is largely the same. The message is "change isn't good enough". It needs to be meaningful, positive change. Not just changing faces. He's had four coaches already. Mills has sat through all of it. He's still the guy in charge.

Either way, he is clearly receptive to bonding with his new coach if he is arranging to meet with him, but I do think he is trying to walk a line between being receptive, and acting like things are copacetic in Knicks land. At the very least, it is clear he has been in touch with Fizdale through his reps. My guess is that the two have spoken and we're making a big deal out of nothing.

Right now I am just saying he is walking a fine line. The problem with that is, this is NYC \ Metro market. Perception can turn right into reality. He's got to get out ahead of it. That's all. Because if the fans turn on him (naive or not) that it for KP. It doesn't matter what he tries to do. Judge it like this, honestly, do YOU have the same love for KP you did watching him since he rookie season, or has it gone down each season? And why is that? Is it on-court stuff or off-court?

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    The problem is he is the face of the franchise therefore he should be saying something. If he was the QB of the Giants wouldn't you want him to say something? He needs to get some leadership advice from a true pro like Eli....THE uLTIMATE PROFESSIONAL.
    That's funny because the guy you want to trade him for (Kawhi) rarely ever says anything. When did public speaking become a requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Send a message to mgt?? Maybe that made sense last yr, but this is NEW mgt and a NEW coach. If anything, mgt has already made changes which if that's what he wanted, why wouldn't he at least embrace the change?

There really are no excuses for KP's silence. Right now, he's the one looking like he's averse to change, not the organization.
    Except he's always silent? When has KP ever come forth with anything without being directly asked?

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    Right now I am just saying he is walking a fine line. The problem with that is, this is NYC \ Metro market. Perception can turn right into reality. He's got to get out ahead of it. That's all. Because if the fans turn on him (naive or not) that it for KP. It doesn't matter what he tries to do. Judge it like this, honestly, do YOU have the same love for KP you did watching him since he rookie season, or has it gone down each season? And why is that? Is it on-court stuff or off-court?
    The same.. I still don't understand what he's ever done directly to warrant him coming out directly right now.

If we learned everything directly from him in the past, then I would say ok..but that hasn't been the case. You guys focus too much on the extra stuff. It more seems like disappointment when you realize that most players are the same.

Regardless, hiring a new coach doesn't mean that there's actual change. It remains to be seen. Do you want him to be fake and just say something to say it?

Knicks fans will always find something wrong with the team's best player anyway. They all go through it and it's just a matter of time before KP gets the full brunt of it.

Remember when people argued on here that it would never happen to him? He started getting it as soon as Melo was traded.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    That's funny because the guy you want to trade him for (Kawhi) rarely ever says anything. When did public speaking become a requirement?
    It always has been, Kawhi is not the leader of the Spurs, Its Parker and Ginobbli.

Knicks fans will always find something wrong with the team's best player anyway. They all go through it and it's just a matter of time before KP gets the full brunt of it.

Remember when people argued on here that it would never happen to him? He started getting it as soon as Melo was traded.
    outside of one particular poster on here, who has never liked KP from day 1, I don't really see KP getting any heat anywhere else for not making it known that he spoke to Fiz.

So you donít believe age is a factor? If thatís the case Frank is a bum and has no hope...

Or does it only apply on the pro level?
    Well according to Biv that statement about Frank is correct. Biv is looking to trade Frank now. Me of course he has hope we all do but if we can g er t someone who exhibit the correct work ethic now I would go with that one. Vanderbilt sounds better than Knoz at this point

If Kawhi wants to come to NYC he should be target #1 in 2019, point blank, period.

burke, frank, thj, Mikal B, KP is a nice young core ready that will be ready to take the next step and add Kawhi

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    outside of one particular poster on here, who has never liked KP from day 1, I don't really see KP getting any heat anywhere else for not making it known that he spoke to Fiz.
    Yes, but I was also referring to the game by game criticisms during the season and constant trade KP ideas since last year. Hear it on the radio also.

Some of it is deserved and is reasonable, but the rest not so much. He skipped the exit meeting, which was wrong, but needed. You would think he skipped a game, without notice, with how people continue to hold onto that.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Well according to Biv that statement about Frank is correct. Biv is looking to trade Frank now. Me of course he has hope we all do but if we can g er t someone who exhibit the correct work ethic now I would go with that one. Vanderbilt sounds better than Knoz at this point
    Very true...I should've directed that post to the both of you. I understand though because I have similar concerns about Knox, but it's more how he compares to other recent freshman...not him at 18 vs. Mikal at 21.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-10-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Very true...I should've directed that post to the both of you. I understand though because I have similar concerns about Knox, but it's more how he compares to other recent freshman...not him at 18 vs. Mikal at 21.
    Also if we draft Knox I will be the first to root for him and would not think about moving him after his first year even if he did not perform well I would give him until that first contract is up depending on the way he progreeses then entertain moving him if needed.