Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 355 of 585 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365405455 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 8767
  1. #5311
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    3,122
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    yea maybe... just seems like our entire team is an open tryout right now...lol.

    Really hope Lee gets moved, not even fair to him to be playing so little on such an awful team.

    How do you feel about Burke? STILLA thinks im hating on him...lol. IDK, I just don't see him as an everyday player. very few 3's and FT's, too reliant on mid range shot. he's def outperformed Mudiay though, but I think Mudiay is getting more of a chance just because of his age and size... but i wonder how long that lasts?
    No lol. That's exactly what it is..my bad..Perry called it "talent acquisition phase".

  2. #5312
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    32,098
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    yea maybe... just seems like our entire team is an open tryout right now...lol.

    Really hope Lee gets moved, not even fair to him to be playing so little on such an awful team.

    How do you feel about Burke? STILLA thinks im hating on him...lol. IDK, I just don't see him as an everyday player. very few 3's and FT's, too reliant on mid range shot. he's def outperformed Mudiay though, but I think Mudiay is getting more of a chance just because of his age and size... but i wonder how long that lasts?
    I think Frank, Burke, Tim, Baker are here next year. Lee and Mudiay traded. Mudiay can go for a future second for all I care.

    There is a log jam now but I don't think there will be one next year. Burke is worth keeping around for his contract alone.

    To me, if we decide Frank is a 2 OR we draft Young or Sexton, that is when we have a logjam and we'll have to decide between Frank and Tim. Tim can always be moved to 6th man I guess, but we can't be paying a 6th man that type of money until we are ready to contend. You can always find guys like Beasley to light it up off the bench for much cheaper.

  3. #5313
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,526
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    yea maybe... just seems like our entire team is an open tryout right now...lol.

    Really hope Lee gets moved, not even fair to him to be playing so little on such an awful team.

    How do you feel about Burke? STILLA thinks im hating on him...lol. IDK, I just don't see him as an everyday player. very few 3's and FT's, too reliant on mid range shot. he's def outperformed Mudiay though, but I think Mudiay is getting more of a chance just because of his age and size... but i wonder how long that lasts?
    Regarding Trey & Mudiay, I think either work as a backup PG for 15-18 minutes per game. I like Burke better, so Iíd probably keep him & flip Mudiay for something (I realize his value is low).

    Frank should be starting at point for us next year getting 30+ minutes a night, which Iím guessing could easily equate to 8+ assists per game, hopefully 10+ ppg with great defense. Last night once again showed me he has what it takes to be a good PG & not what it takes to be a 2/3. I simply donít see that in Frankís future.

  4. #5314
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    27,506
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think Frank, Burke, Tim, Baker are here next year. Lee and Mudiay traded. Mudiay can go for a future second for all I care.

    There is a log jam now but I don't think there will be one next year. Burke is worth keeping around for his contract alone.

    To me, if we decide Frank is a 2 OR we draft Young or Sexton, that is when we have a logjam and we'll have to decide between Frank and Tim. Tim can always be moved to 6th man I guess, but we can't be paying a 6th man that type of money until we are ready to contend. You can always find guys like Beasley to light it up off the bench for much cheaper.
    I think Mudiay will be back next year. for one i don't think you could even get a 2nd for him right now.

    But more importantly I think we will want a full camp with him, every organization thinks they can fix a guy and I'm sure we'll want the summer to try to work with him. Don't think it'll work, but I doubt we move him without really trying. I can't imagine he's even had more than 2 or 3 practices since coming here so I doubt we've really had much time to work with him.

  5. #5315
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Can't see how they would be able to get rid of Mud or Lee for that matter. This off season will test Perry. Im ok with giving the ball to Frank, Trey and Mud for another yr, but make sure we get a solid young SF this summer and trade Lee just to get the space. If he does these two things, I consider it a successful summer.
    Cut Mudiay or send him to the d league and trade Lee for anything to move his contract.

  6. #5316
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,488
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think Frank, Burke, Tim, Baker are here next year. Lee and Mudiay traded. Mudiay can go for a future second for all I care.

    There is a log jam now but I don't think there will be one next year. Burke is worth keeping around for his contract alone.

    To me, if we decide Frank is a 2 OR we draft Young or Sexton, that is when we have a logjam and we'll have to decide between Frank and Tim. Tim can always be moved to 6th man I guess, but we can't be paying a 6th man that type of money until we are ready to contend. You can always find guys like Beasley to light it up off the bench for much cheaper.
    Can't see how they would be able to get rid of Mud or Lee for that matter. This off season will test Perry. Im ok with giving the ball to Frank, Trey and Mud for another yr, but make sure we get a solid young SF this summer and trade Lee just to get the space. If he does these two things, I consider it a successful summer.

  7. #5317
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,934
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    yea maybe... just seems like our entire team is an open tryout right now...lol.

    Really hope Lee gets moved, not even fair to him to be playing so little on such an awful team.

    How do you feel about Burke? STILLA thinks im hating on him...lol. IDK, I just don't see him as an everyday player. very few 3's and FT's, too reliant on mid range shot. he's def outperformed Mudiay though, but I think Mudiay is getting more of a chance just because of his age and size... but i wonder how long that lasts?
    I've been reading both your posts about him and I agree with both of you lol. Sorry that doesn't help. You're right about him being reliant on mid range shots and him needing to score in more ways, at the same time I think he might be better than what you're giving him credit for. It's not crazy to think that he can be a key long term option off the bench.

  8. #5318
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    27,506
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I've been reading both your posts about him and I agree with both of you lol. Sorry that doesn't help. You're right about him being reliant on mid range shots and him needing to score in more ways, at the same time I think he might be better than what you're giving him credit for. It's not crazy to think that he can be a key long term option off the bench.
    I'm a bit torn on him, on the one hand i dont think his way of scoring and his 60% midrange shooting is sustainable.

    On the other hand, maybe his shot has really improved and he can be a decent piece for us. But even so, the cynic in me says there's just no way he shoots 60% midrange over the course of a full season, you gotta figure that at best, he's levels off to about 45-47%... that's just below Durant/Curry levels... and if it does, he basically becomes a 1 point per FGA guy unless he starts hitting 3's or getting to the FT line. last night he did hit three 3's... i think he needs to take more and drive more. but as long as the mid range is falling its hard to tell him to do something else.

  9. #5319
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,934
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I'm a bit torn on him, on the one hand i dont think his way of scoring and his 60% midrange shooting is sustainable.

    On the other hand, maybe his shot has really improved and he can be a decent piece for us. But even so, the cynic in me says there's just no way he shoots 60% midrange over the course of a full season, you gotta figure that at best, he's levels off to about 45-47%... that's just below Durant/Curry levels... and if it does, he basically becomes a 1 point per FGA guy unless he starts hitting 3's or getting to the FT line. last night he did hit three 3's... i think he needs to take more and drive more. but as long as the mid range is falling its hard to tell him to do something else.
    I agree with you on this, but he does do other things on the court...even if it's just as a change of pace PG.

  10. #5320
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,899
    Frank is not a PG in this league, he's better suited for SG therefore Lee should be traded or released. It's time to move on from him,he deserves it as well.


    The Back end of the roster:
    Keep Dotson but I think he may be dealt.
    Keep Burke, he gives you value on offense.
    Keep Mud until 2019
    Keep Beasley
    Keep Kornet

    To be gone:
    Trade Baker
    Trade Lee
    Trade Thomas
    Let O'Quinn walk
    Let Kanter walk

    Stuck with:
    Noah

  11. #5321
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,526
    Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    Frank is not a PG in this league, he's better suited for SG therefore Lee should be traded or released. It's time to move on from him,he deserves it as well.


    The Back end of the roster:
    Keep Dotson but I think he may be dealt.
    Keep Burke, he gives you value on offense.
    Keep Mud until 2019
    Keep Beasley
    Keep Kornet

    To be gone:
    Trade Baker
    Trade Lee
    Trade Thomas
    Let O'Quinn walk
    Let Kanter walk

    Stuck with:
    Noah
    He literally had 6 assists in 10 minutes in the first half last night when he was actually allowed to run point, and during that stretch we created a nice little 6 or 7 point lead, which we then squandered in the 3rd when he was off the floor.

    He's 19 and actually shows a lot of PG skills - there's a reason Pop likes him and it's basically the kid looks like he could actually be a floor general, not just a scoring PG who pounds the ball, but a PG who plays the game the right way with great court vision and high IQ.

    You want to put him at SG... I'd be surprised if Frank can match Courtney Lee's scoring long term, and Lee is a career 10 PPG game guy. Ideally Frank will score at least that if not more, but my point is he's not a natural scorer per se. Tony Allen/Courtney Lee with better passing at the 2 isn't a bad player, but it's not the best utilization of his strengths imo. At all.

    Let Frank optimize the other 4 guys out there by getting them the ball in their spots. He's good at that and he'll only get better at it.

  12. #5322
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,696
    Man Mudiaye needs to go to the G-league ASAP

  13. #5323
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,232
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Man Mudiaye needs to go to the G-league ASAP
    Slow down. After he helps with completing the tank

  14. #5324
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,696
    Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Slow down. After he helps with completing the tank
    lol but of course. I wouldn't expect anything less.

  15. #5325
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,371

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •