Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 820 of 820 FirstFirst ... 320720770810818819820
Results 12,286 to 12,300 of 12300
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    I agree...that last poster didn't make any sense...
    But as I've been more and more cautiously optimistic about possibly getting Kevin Durant...It seems more evident that its the NBA's worst kept secret that he is coming here. Our division is the toughest one in the east, maybe in the entire NBA, with all of the teams except the Knicks playoff bound.

A lot of things have to fall our way this off season, starting with the lottery, in order for me to feel confident about having a successful season next year.
    I don't make sense? Ok... see my other response, it's for you also. Also, if KD signs in NY he will have a mental breakdown in the introduction presser.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Knick View Post
    Did you see the Laker offer they turned down from LA?

and you think Lance is gonna get it done??? lol You better include Mitch in that deal... the package for AD will begin with DSJ-Knox-Mitch our 2019 first and more...

NOLA wants to rape, and the Knicks are desperate enough to get raped
    Did you not see where I said Lance for $/to match salaries? You laid out the exact same trade as me except added Mitch instead of where I wrote 2-3 future firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by JuLu787 View Post
    Squander was a poor choice of words because obviously a banner would be the ultimate goal. What I'm trying to say is, why use all that cap on three MAX (two often injured) players in Kyrie, AD, KD. Even those guys don't guarantee us championship. With our luck, one maybe two of them end up another Amare situation. No way I'm willing to go through that again. Is that really the safest way to build for now and the future? I'm not trying to be a GM here but I'd rather have prolonged consistency and succes, than see Perry or Mills win executive of the year.

I want a championship as much as the next guy but we have seen what happens when this franchise goes "WIN NOW MODE", you already know. Wouldn't it be nice to build a TEAM this time instead of hire a bunch of mercenaries? Can't we just sign quality players to reasonable contracts (if they even wanna come) with the cap we have and surround them with other complementary pieces? Why do we have to gut the team for AD on top of that? I know the big three concept is popular but I'm just trying to go the team concept this time. Not going this route would not only be bananas, it would be insane.... INSANITY: Trying the same experiment over and over expecting different result's.
    I mean listen Iíll be happy with two max guys and Zion haha no doubt. I donít know why people are making this an anti Zion thing. It just shows how much value he has if anything. If the only thing we are deciding between is Two maxes &zion and co, or two maxes and Davis Iím going to be over the ******* moon haha.

But donít kid yourselves the Knicks have never been here before or tried this before. This isnít the same experiment over and over thatís bs. Weíve never been in a position two sign two superstars at once let along get 3. Weíve barely been in position to get 1 and have failed at even that. So if youíre scared of failing to sign guys I get that.

What Iím finding hilarious is that the opposition has shifted from can you even get the three to debating the effectiveness of having all three. All of a sudden Iím hearing about potential injuries and player psychology. Thought the argument against AD would simply be what if we donít get the others, weíre stuck.

But now people are legit nitpicking a roster of Durant, Irving, and Davis. Lol. This would instantly be the best Knicks team ever assembled. Along with being an immediate finals contender for potentially the next 5+ years

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    I mean listen Iíll be happy with two max guys and Zion haha no doubt. I donít know why people are making this an anti Zion thing. It just shows how much value he has if anything. If the only thing we are deciding between is Two maxes &zion and co, or two maxes and Davis Iím going to be over the ******* moon haha.

But donít kid yourselves the Knicks have never been here before or tried this before. This isnít the same experiment over and over thatís bs. Weíve never been in a position two sign two superstars at once let along get 3. Weíve barely been in position to get 1 and have failed at even that. So if youíre scared of failing to sign guys I get that.

What Iím finding hilarious is that the opposition has shifted from can you even get the three to debating the effectiveness of having all three. All of a sudden Iím hearing about potential injuries and player psychology. Thought the argument against AD would simply be what if we donít get the others, weíre stuck.

But now people are legit nitpicking a roster of Durant, Irving, and Davis. Lol. This would instantly be the best Knicks team ever assembled. Along with being an immediate finals contender for potentially the next 5+ years
    No it won't... KD will be 31 by next season Max out until 35-36, Kyrie will be 27 and probably another knee surgery by then, AD will be 26 but stays injured about as much as Kyrie and even when he does play doesn't make his team that good.

Which one of those SUPERSTARS is a leader or has taken THEIR team to a finals? Celtics don't even need Kyrie to win, Westbrook is showing he was the true leader on OKC and Steph won a chip and 73 wins in a season without KD. AD has proven to be nothing but a stat stuffer like many other great players that couldn't lead their team to success. Please talk about Harden but he is a leader and takes his team further than any of those guys could with the talent he has on that team. Lebron has the Lakers at nearly. 500 and missed 17 games, if he played those games they would be top 3 seed in the West right now.

My point is don't think just because you throw a bunch of great individual players together that the Knicks will be contenders.

Personally I'd rather try to draft Zion or Barrett to add to this youngest team in the NBA and let them grow together. DJ and maybe sign another good veteran on a reasonable contract to continue to mentor these young players. That is how Dynasty's are built!

No quick fixes please

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    No it won't... KD will be 31 by next season Max out until 35-36, Kyrie will be 27 and probably another knee surgery by then, AD will be 26 but stays injured about as much as Kyrie and even when he does play doesn't make his team that good.

Which one of those SUPERSTARS is a leader or has taken THEIR team to a finals? Celtics don't even need Kyrie to win, Westbrook is showing he was the true leader on OKC and Steph won a chip and 73 wins in a season without KD. AD has proven to be nothing but a stat stuffer like many other great players that couldn't lead their team to success. Please talk about Harden but he is a leader and takes his team further than any of those guys could with the talent he has on that team. Lebron has the Lakers at nearly. 500 and missed 17 games, if he played those games they would be top 3 seed in the West right now.

My point is don't think just because you throw a bunch of great individual players together that the Knicks will be contenders.

Personally I'd rather try to draft Zion or Barrett to add to this youngest team in the NBA and let them grow together. DJ and maybe sign another good veteran on a reasonable contract to continue to mentor these young players. That is how Dynasty's are built!

No quick fixes please
    Honestly even if no one comes Iím fine with it. I just do hope we land the #1 pick obviously. I mean it has been 35 years, think weíre due.

Fans can **** on our youngsters all they want, a group of

DSJ-Frank-Knox-Zion-Mitch
    Kadeem-Trier-Dot-Von-Luke

Is good by me with all our picks moving forward. Iíd genuinely love watching that group grow together, make moves as needed along the way.

I would like AD on our team regardless but if there is way we can add KD and Kyrie we dont need AD.

Having KD, Kyrie, Smth JR, Knox, Zion, Robinson, and perhaps Jordan can be formidable mix of a team.

Low risk players like Allen, Jenkins, and maybe Trier and all our picks us not bad.

We might can even sacrifice DSJ and Knox and pick for Beal wouldn't be a bad idea either.
    Last edited by trueknickfan; Yesterday at 08:45 PM. Reason: Na

Sign: KD and Kyrie or Kemba

Draft: Zion, Barrett, or Cam Reddish any of the 3 would be solid 1st rd picks

Draft: Darius Bazley 2nd rd pick

Trade: Knox, Dot or Trier, DSJ or Allen, Thomas, 2020 unprotected Dallas pick for Bradley Beal.

Sign DJ
    Sign Julius Randle
    Last edited by trueknickfan; Yesterday at 08:58 PM. Reason: Na

Robinson, DSJ, Knox, are players big time free agents would consider building blocks to come join Knicks?

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Moore is underrated, he's an elite 3 & D guy. 43% from 3 the past 2 years, never misses a game. He's basically a younger, better Danny Green. What we hope DOT could turn into.

Jrue and Randle have been there the whole year. So was Mirotic before they traded him.

I think when you have to start making so many excuses for why a guy hasn't won its concerning.

The numbers are there, they were there for DMC and KAT too... but at some point you gotta have some results.
    Part of it is those guys that are labeled high production "losers" have glaring holes/weaknesses that are evident so it's easy to pin their inability to lead a winning team on those weaknesses. DMC is a ball hog, bad teammate, yada yada. KAT is a horrible defender yada yada.

AD does not have any holes in his game, I think that's why he gets a pass and it's easy to blame the horrible teams he's been on.

Should the team release Mudiay? Is there any scenario they keep him? Canít trade him, deadline past. Just blocks Smith/Frank who are under team control.

Should release Hezonja as well, pointless

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    Robinson, DSJ, Knox, are players big time free agents would consider building blocks to come join Knicks?
    Lol no

Quote Originally Posted by nysportsfan23 View Post
    Should the team release Mudiay? Is there any scenario they keep him? Canít trade him, deadline past. Just blocks Smith/Frank who are under team control.
    And Allen. It would be smart for us to waive him but I doubt we do that because it genuinely seems like the coaching staff cares about him and waiving him might mess with his confidence/development down the road

Quote Originally Posted by nysportsfan23 View Post
    Should release Hezonja as well, pointless
    Naa we actually need his body....unless you wanna see more of LT

There must be TRUTH to the rumors of Kyrie to the knicks