Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 113 of 594 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 8897
    Heat lost Waiters for the season... C lee would be perfect replacement there.. they have some young guys I would love to add to this team..not likely but...

Would love to get Richardson from Miami but that's not happening, he might be there best player.

Stanley Johnson is our best bet because SVG needs a backup center with Drummond hobbling.

Lance and Q traded for Leuer and Johnson works out for both teams financially as well. Both teams get depth in positions of need. Detroit has a bunch of young wing players already and Johnson has almost fallen out of the rotation. The kid is 6'7" 245lbs built like a young Ron Artest and is only 21 years old.

He is still on his rookie contract and could be an excellent 3 & D guy for the long haul.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yazannvk

Get this done Perry.... then drop Sessions and move up Trey Burke.

Frank / Burke / Jack
    THJ / Lee / Baker
    Johnson / Buckets / Dot
    KP / Beasley / Leuer
    Kanter / Willy / Noah

That's as good as this team gets the rest of the season and build from there. Start Frank, keep Lee and Beasley and Burke for great bench scoring. Leuer is versatile and another scorer and get Willy some minutes. Let's see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Would love to get Richardson from Miami but that's not happening, he might be there best player.

Stanley Johnson is our best bet because SVG needs a backup center with Drummond hobbling.

Lance and Q traded for Leuer and Johnson works out for both teams financially as well. Both teams get depth in positions of need. Detroit has a bunch of young wing players already and Johnson has almost fallen out of the rotation. The kid is 6'7" 245lbs built like a young Ron Artest and is only 21 years old.

He is still on his rookie contract and could be an excellent 3 & D guy for the long haul.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yazannvk

Get this done Perry.... then drop Sessions and move up Trey Burke.

Frank / Burke / Jack
    THJ / Lee / Baker
    Johnson / Buckets / Dot
    KP / Beasley / Leuer
    Kanter / Willy / Noah

That's as good as this team gets the rest of the season and build from there. Start Frank, keep Lee and Beasley and Burke for great bench scoring. Leuer is versatile and another scorer and get Willy some minutes. Let's see what happens.
    I would be so down with this unit. I been high on Johnson coming out the draft that year. He's very competitive and plays with an edge. I remember he and Lebron got into it his rookie year and he was going back and forth with him holding his own. Of course Lebron got the better of him when all was said and done.

If Knicks can execute a trade with Detroit for Johnson that would be a solid move. The kid still has development time to grow with a young team. He has the Physical tools and in my opinion is worth the risk. Hopefully Perry's relationship with the Pistons helps in making a deal with his former employee.

Otherwise would it be safe to make a move for the home town kid who is still only 27 in Kemba Walker. He would change the dynamics of this team right away. With him we are #7 seed at the least. Just good enough to upset a few of the teams above us come playoff time after team gels. I guess it would all depend on what the Hornets would be asking for. Session, MCDormott, and our 1st round 2019 pick. Anyone outside of Frank and KP, but at the end of the day do the Knicks see him as a future all star or a solid pro. If he's just a solid pro then you can find those every year. He's no better than the highly touted Emmanuel Mudiay from two years ago. What if the same output comes from Frank, when we could have had a young all star veteran under a very friendly contract.

If the Hornets would be willing to take off a little financial weight like Noah, Lee, or O'Quinn that would be something to look into on a deal centered around Walker and Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    Heat lost Waiters for the season... C lee would be perfect replacement there.. they have some young guys I would love to add to this team..not likely but...
    They’re actually better without Waiters

I would rather get justic Winslow rather than Stanley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Brybmc868 View Post
    Sure but I doubt the Heat would look to trade him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Sure but I doubt the Heat would look to trade him right now.
    Why does Winslow always get love. HE's DONE NOTHING.

I'm not a fan of Stanley or Winslow. Ill pass on both imo plus their rookie contracts are about to be up. No way I'm paying anything for guys who has 0 offense.
    Stay Humble

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    Why does Winslow always get love. HE's DONE NOTHING.
    haha I'm not saying he's a game changer, or even necessarily a good player right now. Stanley Johnson and him have both been underwhelming.

But with trades, imo, it's about targeting who you can get, that's young and has upside, on cheap deals, without giving up the farm. This is what the best teams do.

Look at Boston when they got Jae Crowder... many would say he was nothing when they got him. But he was young, cheap deal, they didn't give up much for him, and he grew and improved and became an important cog.

Trades are like bets/gambling/investing... low risk, high reward, upside, youth... Target guys BEFORE they actually start producing big. It's like looking at futures - once they've already started producing, they typically either become untouchable, or too expensive in terms of what teams want back in a trade, or their salaries blow up, or they're already 29 and their best years are behind them.

In the past we sort of operated the opposite way, bringing guys here (cough cough Derrick Rose) who were past their primes and already had "proven" what they could do. Just an idea to look at the opposite strategy a bit.

haha I'm not saying he's a game changer, or even necessarily a good player right now. Stanley Johnson and him have both been underwhelming.

But with trades, imo, it's about targeting who you can get, that's young and has upside, on cheap deals, without giving up the farm. This is what the best teams do.

Look at Boston when they got Jae Crowder... many would say he was nothing when they got him. But he was young, cheap deal, they didn't give up much for him, and he grew and improved and became an important cog.

Trades are like bets/gambling/investing... low risk, high reward, upside, youth... Target guys BEFORE they actually start producing big. It's like looking at futures - once they've already started producing, they typically either become untouchable, or too expensive in terms of what teams want back in a trade, or their salaries blow up, or they're already 29 and their best years are behind them.

In the past we sort of operated the opposite way, bringing guys here (cough cough Derrick Rose) who were past their primes and already had "proven" what they could do. Just an idea to look at the opposite strategy a bit.
    Exactly

HeartOfStarks, I hope your real name is Scott Perry.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksOnMyMind View Post
    HeartOfStarks, I hope your real name is Scott Perry.
    IT IS MWUHAHAHAHAHA

Not really though lol

Looking forward to this game tonight, KP vs. Towns let's goooooo!
    Last edited by HeartOfStarks; 01-12-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brybmc868 View Post
    I will take Bam from Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Crackadalic View Post
    I'm not a fan of Stanley or Winslow. Ill pass on both imo plus their rookie contracts are about to be up. No way I'm paying anything for guys who has 0 offense.
    I view them in the same boat as McDermott, but I would prefer Winslow.

Both brutal offensively, but he’s better defensively and has played 2-5.

Neither are anything to lose sleep over. I guess the hope with Winslow is that he’s still only 21 as well.