Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    There are somewhere around 800 total moons to collect in the game. I couldn't believe it when I read that! So much more than Mario 64. I have around 120 right now. The game is amazing!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    120!? I have 6 LMAO. The game is amazing so far.

Love Mario so far. Very fun game. I'm about a third of the way through the main story but lots of other stuff to do too

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I got a switch today and played the first world of Mario. The game is fantastic so far.
    As good as Mario is, I think Zelda is even better so you should definitely play that when you're done with Mario

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    As good as Mario is, I think Zelda is even better so you should definitely play that when you're done with Mario
    Yeah I got that game too lol

I have i think 10 moons, all from the first world, working on clearing as much from that world before moving on to others.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I have both and think Mario is better than Zelda

I'm biased because I've always been the bigger mario fan but BOTW is amazing as well, they both deserve game of the year and what a great coup for the switch to have the two hottest games of the year.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Yeah I got that game too lol
    Good, you'll have to chime in on which you think is better. One note of caution when you play Zelda is not to beat the main storyline to quickly. I did that and had Link all levelled up thinking I'd beat the main story and then do all the side things but the game makes you restart everything once you beat the main story. So, if you want to explore with a stronger Link and good weapons then just do it before you beat the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Maybe I'll change my mind some once I play more of Mario but I think I'm just more into Zelda anyway (sword fighting, etc.). Mario definitely has the edge in the control department though since it actually takes advantage of the joycon movements.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    I'm biased because I've always been the bigger mario fan but BOTW is amazing as well, they both deserve game of the year and what a great coup for the switch to have the two hottest games of the year.
    For sure. It's crazy that with so few games that they have managed two epic ones.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Yes it can. You can throw the dock in the trash if you want and it can be a handheld only console. Some games, like Arms, are likely better on TV tho. But you can disconnect the joycons and set the switch on a table and it acts as a small TV, or keep the joycons connected and it acts as a large handheld console. It's also very light weight. Battery life is decent.

Yea it's definitely usable as a handheld only. I bought mine about a month and a half ago and have yet to pull the dock out of the box (looking for Game Boy nostalgia).

Batter life is great for games that don't push the Switch, for games that push it, you still will get about 3 hours and change on one charge, Zelda for example. Charge at the airport, bring a charged travel charger and you'll be good for a six hour flight.
    Give it to me straight, should i get the switch or a 3DS? What would be your suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    Give it to me straight, should i get the switch or a 3DS? What would be your suggestion?
    Switch. I havent touched my 3ds in at least 6 months.

Definitely get the Switch.

It will have strong 3rd party support moving forward, and is just beautiful in handheld, or on the tv. You won't regret it.

I travel for work at times and my commute if I don't drive is about an hour one way. After doing some research into the Switch myself it became a no brainer.

Thanks, yall.

Looks like I know where my next paycheck is going.

Thanks, yall.

Looks like I know where my next paycheck is going.
    Exciting! What game(s) will you get first?

Exciting! What game(s) will you get first?
    Likely, BOTW or Mario Odyssey.

Not much else in the library currently that really speaks to me as a "Must Have", but I am open to suggestions?

I really hope we get a solid VC library for the Switch... Some of those older games mixed with the portability of the Switch would be epic.

Likely, BOTW or Mario Odyssey.

Not much else in the library currently that really speaks to me as a "Must Have", but I am open to suggestions?

I really hope we get a solid VC library for the Switch... Some of those older games mixed with the portability of the Switch would be epic.
    Actually after owning it I won't recommend Zelda over these games:

Super Mario Odyssey
    Ultra Street Fighter II
    NBA2K18
    Doom
    Skyrim
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Depending on your taste:
    Stardew Valley
    Binding of Isaac

And, because you're a Twins fan:

There's an MLB game out too, forgot the name of it, but I am looking into it myself.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast