Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 197
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    30,753
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Odyssey arrives tomorrow! Preordered lol.

    So hyped!!!!
    I went and picked it up at midnight tonight. I live about 1/4 mile from best buy. About to start playing. I played one level on the demo in the store and it looks amazing.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,391
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    Well it did it Mario Odyssey got near perfect scores from all reviewers.
    I was reading reviews today lol. Nearly perfect scores all around.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,391
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I went and picked it up at midnight tonight. I live about 1/4 mile from best buy. About to start playing. I played one level on the demo in the store and it looks amazing.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Lucky! And smart!

    Mine won't get to me til tomorrow (amazon preorder) and after work I have a halloween party so won't get to play it til Saturday.

    Was the demo really amazing?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    30,753
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Lucky! And smart!

    Mine won't get to me til tomorrow (amazon preorder) and after work I have a halloween party so won't get to play it til Saturday.

    Was the demo really amazing?
    Demo was only one level but it was fun. I played til about 4am last night tho and had a blast. Only stopped bc I needed at least a few hrs of sleep before work haha. The game is everything I expected and then some more. Easily 10 outta 10 and something I'm going to 100% complete, not just beat the minimal amount to beat the story. Sooooo good.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    29,745
    Looks like DOOM will end up on Switch.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,576
    Here's hoping my small town walmart has it otherwise I'm either waiting until next week or i'm caving in and downloading it.


    Looks like DOOM will end up on Switch.
    Doom hits the Nintendo Switch Nov 10
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

    2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,391
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Looks like DOOM will end up on Switch.
    Yea comes out November 2nd or 3rd. Maybe 7th. Going to preorder.

    Actually really glad I didn't pull the trigger and get it on XBO now, the game is new to me except for the demo, which I loved.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    eau claire, wi
    Posts
    4,338
    Can the Switch be used strictly from a handheld standpoint? I want to get a new handheld to play on flights for my upcoming travels. Was thinking 3DS, but if I can play all switch games in handheld mode, that might make more sense so I can get games like BOTW etc. Is gameplay noticeably worse on the handheld? whats the battery life like?

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    30,753
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    Can the Switch be used strictly from a handheld standpoint? I want to get a new handheld to play on flights for my upcoming travels. Was thinking 3DS, but if I can play all switch games in handheld mode, that might make more sense so I can get games like BOTW etc. Is gameplay noticeably worse on the handheld? whats the battery life like?
    Yes it can. You can throw the dock in the trash if you want and it can be a handheld only console. Some games, like Arms, are likely better on TV tho. But you can disconnect the joycons and set the switch on a table and it acts as a small TV, or keep the joycons connected and it acts as a large handheld console. It's also very light weight. Battery life is decent.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    eau claire, wi
    Posts
    4,338
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Yes it can. You can throw the dock in the trash if you want and it can be a handheld only console. Some games, like Arms, are likely better on TV tho. But you can disconnect the joycons and set the switch on a table and it acts as a small TV, or keep the joycons connected and it acts as a large handheld console. It's also very light weight. Battery life is decent.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Good to know.. Thanks for the info, friend.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,391
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    Good to know.. Thanks for the info, friend.
    Yea it's definitely usable as a handheld only. I bought mine about a month and a half ago and have yet to pull the dock out of the box (looking for Game Boy nostalgia).

    Batter life is great for games that don't push the Switch, for games that push it, you still will get about 3 hours and change on one charge, Zelda for example. Charge at the airport, bring a charged travel charger and you'll be good for a six hour flight.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,576
    I play on both handheld and the dock. The games play a little faster on the dock but the handhelds is great too and it's not that big of a difference.

    I got Odyssey! Can't play till tomm, work
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

    2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    30,753
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    I play on both handheld and the dock. The games play a little faster on the dock but the handhelds is great too and it's not that big of a difference.

    I got Odyssey! Can't play till tomm, work
    There are somewhere around 800 total moons to collect in the game. I couldn't believe it when I read that! So much more than Mario 64. I have around 120 right now. The game is amazing!

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18,085
    I got a switch today and played the first world of Mario. The game is fantastic so far.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,391
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I got a switch today and played the first world of Mario. The game is fantastic so far.
    Congrats! The Switch is awesome!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •