Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Official Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread

Everything not groundbreaking (such as a price drop or something) will be put into this thread.

In this thread you are allowed to:

1. Talk about the Switch
    2. Talk about the PS4 / XBO
    3. Bash the PS4 / XBO
    4. Compare all three consoles (good and bad)
    5. Post relevant news regarding the Switch
    6. Discuss the Switch in an orderly fashion

In this thread you are NOT allowed to:
    1. Bash the Switch
    2. Make "fanboy" comments

Note: Not a mod, so can't go on a mod-esque rant like WindCityFlyer did, nor am I truly against the banter, but let's all follow the rules, because in my opinion PSD mods tend to be sensitive.

Thank You.

Realized there was no stickied discussion thread for this. Mods, please sticky.

I've been thinking about posting a thread but I didn't know how many here wanted to talk Switch.

I got the switch on day one, it's a really fun system with great games, and the best part is taking it anywhere you want to go. Here's some of the games I got and my thoughts a bit.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild: First open world Zelda game in forever, it got perfect scores from all the game reviewers, simply one of the best. I love being able to just traverse the land and collect weapons and food. Battling and completing the story at your own pace.

Mario Kart 8: Fun game, lots of fun tracks, better online of course.

NBA Playgrounds: Fun arcade style basketball game with current players and legends.

Arms: Fun fighting game that uses strategy as well as a button smasher style, lots of unique fighters to choose from.

Splatoon 2: Fun shooter that is fun for anyone from novice that can be useful just painting the floor in turf war, to the most experienced player shooting snipe style.

Mario plus Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Fun strategy game with Mario characters and funny cut scenes.

Sonic Mania: Classic remastered Sonic

Pokken Tournament DX: Basically Super Smash Bros with all pokemon.

RBI Baseball 17: Not a great baseball game, but it's the only non show MLB game, it needs a lot of work though.

And then coming this Friday, Mario Odyssey which is the first open world style Mario game in a long time, rumor is it could get a perfect score with reviewers.
    Fan of Red sox , Chicago bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA

I got it day one only bc I thought they would be impossible to get. Never touched it til Mario Kart, which is great. I also downloaded some NBA game similar to NBA Jam that is pretty fun.
    I bought Mario/Rabbids but haven't played it yet.
    I am STOKED for Oddysey.
    I also own Zelda but I haven't played it. Never been a big Zelda fan but my fiance has enjoyed it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    I've been thinking about posting a thread but I didn't know how many here wanted to talk Switch.

I got the switch on day one, it's a really fun system with great games, and the best part is taking it anywhere you want to go. Here's some of the games I got and my thoughts a bit.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild: First open world Zelda game in forever, it got perfect scores from all the game reviewers, simply one of the best. I love being able to just traverse the land and collect weapons and food. Battling and completing the story at your own pace.

Mario Kart 8: Fun game, lots of fun tracks, better online of course.

NBA Playgrounds: Fun arcade style basketball game with current players and legends.

Arms: Fun fighting game that uses strategy as well as a button smasher style, lots of unique fighters to choose from.

Splatoon 2: Fun shooter that is fun for anyone from novice that can be useful just painting the floor in turf war, to the most experienced player shooting snipe style.

Mario plus Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Fun strategy game with Mario characters and funny cut scenes.

Sonic Mania: Classic remastered Sonic

Pokken Tournament DX: Basically Super Smash Bros with all pokemon.

RBI Baseball 17: Not a great baseball game, but it's the only non show MLB game, it needs a lot of work though.

And then coming this Friday, Mario Odyssey which is the first open world style Mario game in a long time, rumor is it could get a perfect score with reviewers.
    Where did you even find it day 1 lol?

I had to wait for months.

I did pre-order Odessey though. I'm hyped!!!!!

My current library:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    Zelda BotW
    SF Ultra II
    Namco Arcade

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

I had to wait for months.

I did pre-order Odessey though. I'm hyped!!!!!

My current library:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    Zelda BotW
    SF Ultra II
    Namco Arcade
    My local best buy had a ton of them. Like 50 more than what was preordered. Now they're in stock 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    My local best buy had a ton of them. Like 50 more than what was preordered. Now they're in stock 24/7

That's awesome. Where do you live? If you don't mind me asking.

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    That's awesome. Where do you live? If you don't mind me asking.
    Just outside of Charlotte. About 20 minutes south of downtown.

I got mine day 1 as well from a Toys R Us haha. I have Zelda and Mario Kart 8. Excited for Odyssey, but am hoping they start to get more better games on a consistent schedule. I like the Switch a lot, but it doesn't get the amount of games the XB1 or PS4 get. Like, I was upset that the new South Park game didn't come out on the Switch.

I was hoping to see more people own Splatoon 2. I don't open a Switch but I played the first Splatoon a few times and it was super fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I was hoping to see more people own Splatoon 2. I don't open a Switch but I played the first Splatoon a few times and it was super fun.
    I haven't ever played it. Maybe I will after Mario

I preordered it at walmart. I got their around 8am and they had mine in the back, they had 1 neon red/blue left and three grays left. When I returned to get food around 1pm they was all sold out. They have consistently been sold out until Walmart now has a new bundle where you can get a pink and green joycons and a download code for splatoon 2 for 370$

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I hear Splatoon 2 has a huge online community lol.

Odyssey arrives tomorrow! Preordered lol.

So hyped!!!!

Well it did it Mario Odyssey got near perfect scores from all reviewers.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast