Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    20,308
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Cutler sucks.
    Not relevant to the discussion at hand.

    He played well today, and didn't have an off-season.

    If the injury is serious at all, he's done.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,029
    Moore looked more comfortable than Cutler. Plain and simple. Now a part of it was obviously the Jets game planning for Cutler but Moore's mental game was on point. He knew what he wanted to do and where to go before the ball was snapped. He actually threw guys open instead of Cutler waiting for someone to get open. Moore isn't a great qb but Cutler hasn't done much to say he deserves to immediately be given the starting job going forward.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    20,308
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Moore looked more comfortable than Cutler. Plain and simple. Now a part of it was obviously the Jets game planning for Cutler but Moore's mental game was on point. He knew what he wanted to do and where to go before the ball was snapped. He actually threw guys open instead of Cutler waiting for someone to get open. Moore isn't a great qb but Cutler hasn't done much to say he deserves to immediately be given the starting job going forward.
    It's more about Cutler didn't lose the job, played well(actually better than moore did...)


    You don't lose a job by performing better than a backup. You do however, lose a job if you're 34 , and get a serious injury after playing 2 terrible games in the last 4.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    12,878
    Don't think you watched the game.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    20,308
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Don't think you watched the game.
    Watched every second.

    Numbers plus watching tells the whole story.



    We'll see. I hope you guys do well if Cutler is down for a while, cuz I want jay to come in to a playoff contender if he isn't benched lol


    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 10-22-2017 at 05:28 PM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,197
    Glad to get another win under our belt. Its still hard to believe we are 4-2

    I thought Matt Moore looked alot better than Jay Cutler. The offense seem to click under Matt Moore.

    Cutler looks like everything is in slow motion. He waits until 1 second to hike the ball, he slow to get the ball out of his hand, he moves slow in the pocket. After the first drive with Moore it seem like everything moved faster. Moore didnt consistently wait until 1 second to hike the ball, he was quicker in the pocket, and he got the ball out a lot quicker while still throwing the ball down field more than Cutler.

    Moore threw for 50 more yards with 3 less completions. I never felt like we were going to win that game until Moore started throwing balls down field for completions.

    I am not sure why anyone would say that was a defensive win. Defense gave up 28 points.

    I hope Jay Cutler is not ready for Thurs game because I expect Gase will start Cutler. I feel more confident with Moore.

    Here is a comment from Rotoworld I think is telling.


    In less than two quarters, Moore threw for more yards than Cutler had in any of his previous four games
    Last edited by Plague; 10-22-2017 at 07:34 PM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    20,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Glad to get another win under our belt. Its still hard to believe we are 4-2

    I thought Matt Moore looked alot better than Jay Cutler. The offense seem to click under Matt Moore.

    Cutler looks like everything is in slow motion. He waits until 1 second to hike the ball, he slow to get the ball out of his hand, he moves slow in the pocket. After the first drive with Moore it seem like everything moved faster. Moore didnt consistently wait until 1 second to hike the ball, he was quicker in the pocket, and he got the ball out a lot quicker while still throwing the ball down field more than Cutler.

    Moore threw for 50 more yards with 3 less completions. I never felt like we were going to win that game until Moore started throwing balls down field for completions.

    I am not sure why anyone would say that was a defensive win. Defense gave up 28 points.

    I hope Jay Cutler is not ready for Thurs game because I expect Gase will start Cutler. I feel more confident with Moore.

    Here is a comment from Rotoworld I think is telling.
    You're not really analyzing what Cutler did, however, unless you look at what he's done in the last 6 quarters. He's played very well.

    He's out for 2-3 weeks so we'll see.

    I'd expect Moore to look comfortable in the offense, that's what you expect from a backup.

    Cutler was bad for those 2.5 games because...he didn't get an off-season.

    Nonetheless, Moore has his shot to win the job.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,383
    Moore looked a million times better than Cutler. just more awareness and knows the offense and players inside and out so he has zero hesitation

    If Cutler doesn't get injured we lose this game by minimum of 2 touchdowns

    we are going to waste the season and have Cutler stay the starter when he returns

    Moore isn't just better than Cutler. he showed me last year that he was better than Tannehill as well. idk why he is always overlooked. the gap from Cutler and him is massive though. we shouldn't have signed Jay

    we still should be looking at Lamar Jackson

    what happened to the Landry cant score TDs narrative. Landry has 3 so far this season and should have 6 if not for QB missing him in the endzone. pay that man

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    20,308
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Moore looked a million times better than Cutler. just more awareness and knows the offense and players inside and out so he has zero hesitation

    If Cutler doesn't get injured we lose this game by minimum of 2 touchdowns

    we are going to waste the season and have Cutler stay the starter when he returns

    Moore isn't just better than Cutler. he showed me last year that he was better than Tannehill as well. idk why he is always overlooked. the gap from Cutler and him is massive though. we shouldn't have signed Jay

    we still should be looking at Lamar Jackson

    what happened to the Landry cant score TDs narrative. Landry has 3 so far this season and should have 6 if not for QB missing him in the endzone. pay that man
    Hard me to defend Cutlers overall play save for the last 6 quarters. It's simple though, there's a reason Cutler has been a starter his whole career and Moore has been a backup.

    It isn't some conspiracy.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,028
    I have been a supporter for Cutler all year . . . and he was finally looking pretty decent the past 4 quarters, but Moore just looked like he belonged under center this year.

    I'm not sure that Moore will lose his spot again this year. Its going to hurt Cutler's ego, but unless Moore gets hurt, I think he keeps the job the rest of the way. But Gase plays by his own rules and if Gase believes that Cutler is still his best chance to win games, he'll put him back in there.

    The defense looked weak yesterday, except in the 4th quarter. Its like they all had espresso shots after the 3rd quarter or something.

    Not a great game, but somehow they pulled it off . . . again. And they scored a 1st quarter TD too!!!! break out the bottle service gentlemen lol.

    Another ugly game is in store for us on Thursday too.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,028
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Moore looked a million times better than Cutler. just more awareness and knows the offense and players inside and out so he has zero hesitation

    If Cutler doesn't get injured we lose this game by minimum of 2 touchdowns

    we are going to waste the season and have Cutler stay the starter when he returns

    Moore isn't just better than Cutler. he showed me last year that he was better than Tannehill as well. idk why he is always overlooked. the gap from Cutler and him is massive though. we shouldn't have signed Jay

    we still should be looking at Lamar Jackson

    what happened to the Landry cant score TDs narrative. Landry has 3 so far this season and should have 6 if not for QB missing him in the endzone. pay that man
    I like the idea of Jackson, but he is just way too thin to stand up to the QB position in the NFL imo. RGIII all over again.

    I was on the QB bandwagon in the 1st rd next year, but seeing how Tanny handled the offense last year compared to Cutler this year, I'm very happy with keeping Tanny. I would use a pick on a QB in the 2nd or 3rd for sure though.

    I think Jackson has the biggest bust factor of any QB, followed very closely by Sam Darnold.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,197
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I like the idea of Jackson, but he is just way too thin to stand up to the QB position in the NFL imo. RGIII all over again.

    I was on the QB bandwagon in the 1st rd next year, but seeing how Tanny handled the offense last year compared to Cutler this year, I'm very happy with keeping Tanny. I would use a pick on a QB in the 2nd or 3rd for sure though.

    I think Jackson has the biggest bust factor of any QB, followed very closely by Sam Darnold.
    Don't use Cutler as your barometer of gauging a QB.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    27,768
    All of the college QBs have struggled this year.

    Josh Allen is 55% 6.33YPA 8TD/6INT
    Sam Darnold is 63% 8YPA 17TD/10INT

    Lamar Jackson has put up great numbers but has tons of questions and vs good teams has not looked great. Plus he will go alot higher than what pick we get anyways.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    20,308
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I have been a supporter for Cutler all year . . . and he was finally looking pretty decent the past 4 quarters, but Moore just looked like he belonged under center this year.

    I'm not sure that Moore will lose his spot again this year. Its going to hurt Cutler's ego, but unless Moore gets hurt, I think he keeps the job the rest of the way. But Gase plays by his own rules and if Gase believes that Cutler is still his best chance to win games, he'll put him back in there.

    The defense looked weak yesterday, except in the 4th quarter. Its like they all had espresso shots after the 3rd quarter or something.

    Not a great game, but somehow they pulled it off . . . again. And they scored a 1st quarter TD too!!!! break out the bottle service gentlemen lol.

    Another ugly game is in store for us on Thursday too.
    Obviously I'm rooting for Cutty to get in there- I think the last 6 quarters is right about what you would see for the rest of the season.


    Either way , good luck to you guys the rest of the season!
    I won't be interested in the dolphins unless my guy starts, but I hope you guys go far!

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It's more about Cutler didn't lose the job, played well(actually better than moore did...)


    You don't lose a job by performing better than a backup. You do however, lose a job if you're 34 , and get a serious injury after playing 2 terrible games in the last 4.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    You think Cutler played better than Moore? I don't agree with that. His QB rating was higher, but Moore came off the bench cold, him and Fasano weren't on the same page not hat pick, take that play out and Moore's QB rating is probably close to perfect. He stepped up on 3rd downs and also averaged almost 15 yards a completion to Cutler's 11 (which is much higher than his season average). Moore had a preseason, but not as a starter. Moore also found Stills who has for the most part been MIA since we signed him. I will admit that Cutler played his best game as a Dolphin, but Moore won us the game and should have been the starter all along. He started 3 games last year and had a QB rating of 105 to go with 8 TDs to 3 INT. The players respond to Moore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •