Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    Yes, i get that. But if you were Buffalo that makes entirely no sense to give up 2 first round picks to move up to 14. Despite what the value chart says that would be incredibly a huge steal for the Packers.

What Buffalo actually did made entirely more sense in moving to 12 using a player and one of their draft choices. And now they will probably use both those picks to move up to the top.
    well i guess the logic is, if you move up to get "your guy", then you give a little more sometimes

but yea, a bigger and better move is prob a better route for them.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profil...vis?id=2560116

Best fit to be a press CB, 6 1 ran a 4.53.

solid prospect

We no longer need to target a TE in this draft, at least in the early rounds.

This mean we can look at WRs eariler now.

We still gotta go Pass rusher and probably CB (unless we somehow sign 2, if we sign 1, then its prob a toss up between WR or CB as to what we need to pick first)

I guess in essence, its easier to find a WR that can come in a contribute right away compared to a TE?

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    We no longer need to target a TE in this draft, at least in the early rounds.

This mean we can look at WRs eariler now.

We still gotta go Pass rusher and probably CB (unless we somehow sign 2, if we sign 1, then its prob a toss up between WR or CB as to what we need to pick first)

I guess in essence, its easier to find a WR that can come in a contribute right away compared to a TE?
    I still think Ian Thomas in the 4th round would be great, mix him into the group of Graham and Kendricks then the next year it can be a duo of Graham and Thomas.

I honestly think CB/Secondary is going to be the at 14. there are a lot more top notch guys at those positions in the 1st than an Edge rusher. we would have to reach on an edge rusher at 14 where as guys like Derwin James, Denzel Ward, Josh Jackson, even possibly Minkah Fitzpatrick could all be available at 14.

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I still think Ian Thomas in the 4th round would be great, mix him into the group of Graham and Kendricks then the next year it can be a duo of Graham and Thomas.

I honestly think CB/Secondary is going to be the at 14. there are a lot more top notch guys at those positions in the 1st than an Edge rusher. we would have to reach on an edge rusher at 14 where as guys like Derwin James, Denzel Ward, Josh Jackson, even possibly Minkah Fitzpatrick could all be available at 14.
    ya i would like that. I was more talking Geseki or Andrews in the 2nd type of thing, which we no longer need to do.

I suppose its clearer that we go CB OLB in the 1st and 2nd now? As great as i thought Edmunds Smith or LVE would've been, CB was not a major need at that time. Now we have to invest another higher end prospect into the position.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post

I'd rather take Fumagali in the 5th and use our 4th rounder on another position of need like O-Line.

James is not a CB and Fitzpatrick will be gone by pick 8, so that leaves Ward and Jackson. Most likely one of those 2 will be gone as well. I say it's Marcus Davenport at 14 if he's available, if he's gone, then Ward or Jackson. If Davenport is gone, you have to hope Landry falls to us in the 2nd round. Pass rush is still a bigger need than CB, because it's difficult to find. We can get decent CB's in rounds 3 and 4. Nick Nelson would be a good pick at 101.

Agree we need to find a WR in this draft, but don't think we can afford to take one early. We need an edge rusher and 2 CB's in the 1st 4 rounds, plus we need some help on the O-line. We should be thinking OLB/CB at 14, CB/OLB at 45, O-Line/CB at 76 and CB/Oline at 101. That would give us 2 CB's and edge rusher and an O-Lineman. Pick 133 would be the 1st pick we could consider a WR, unless we have a good under the radar O-lineman available at 133.

I think we have to draft 2 or 3 WR's between pick 133 and pick 207. At pick 174 or 207, I think we should take a shot at Antonio Calloway from Florida. He has major off the field issues, but has 1st round talent and is compared to Antonio Brown. He missed 2017 due to suspension and has drug issues. 70% chance he can't pass a drug test, but if we could keep him out of trouble, adding the next Antonio Brown would be worth the gamble.

Fumagalli is garbage. No thanks on him for any round.

Either get James, Landry, or Smith if they fall to us or trade back in the first and get a Vander Esch. Then secure some holes in the second round. 3rd or 4th round hopefully they take the look at Griffin. That would be a great offseason imo.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    I'd rather take Fumagali in the 5th and use our 4th rounder on another position of need like O-Line.

James is not a CB and Fitzpatrick will be gone by pick 8, so that leaves Ward and Jackson. Most likely one of those 2 will be gone as well. I say it's Marcus Davenport at 14 if he's available, if he's gone, then Ward or Jackson. If Davenport is gone, you have to hope Landry falls to us in the 2nd round. Pass rush is still a bigger need than CB, because it's difficult to find. We can get decent CB's in rounds 3 and 4. Nick Nelson would be a good pick at 101.
    Allegedly when the packers interviewed James, they interviewed him as a slot corner. So there痴 some legit thought he値l play a quasi corner spot if we take him. I could see him playing a chuck Woodson style role for us.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    Fumagalli is garbage. No thanks on him for any round.

Either get James, Landry, or Smith if they fall to us or trade back in the first and get a Vander Esch. Then secure some holes in the second round. 3rd or 4th round hopefully they take the look at Griffin. That would be a great offseason imo.
    In a lot of minds, Landry would actually be a reach at 14. It値l be interesting to see where he actually falls.

And I知 of the mindset that we are almost certainly signing a corner. So to me, we probably only need to draft 1 early. I知 fine taking another corner in the like 5th or something, but king, FA, early pick and what we currently have (and possibly another FA) would be fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Allegedly when the packers interviewed James, they interviewed him as a slot corner. So there痴 some legit thought he値l play a quasi corner spot if we take him. I could see him playing a chuck Woodson style role for us.

In a lot of minds, Landry would actually be a reach at 14. It値l be interesting to see where he actually falls.

And I知 of the mindset that we are almost certainly signing a corner. So to me, we probably only need to draft 1 early. I知 fine taking another corner in the like 5th or something, but king, FA, early pick and what we currently have (and possibly another FA) would be fine by me.
    Packers should draft about 3 OLBs in the draft. Need OL depth and CB and WR as well. I think Packers are looking at CB Melvin from the Colts in FA so might only need one or two CBs.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Packers should draft about 3 OLBs in the draft. Need OL depth and CB and WR as well. I think Packers are looking at CB Melvin from the Colts in FA so might only need one or two CBs.
    Hopefully at least 2 in the draft. One fairly high and one in Griffin during the mid rounds. Starting to think we could shore up the secondary through FA still. Just so much veteran help out there even if we didn't sign Melvin/HB together.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I guess I知 not as low on beigel as others and Gilbert showed me at least a little last year. I知 definitely drafting a pass rusher fairly early (unless the draft shakes out really poorly in that regard, which it might). And I知 not opposed to taking one again in like the 4th or something. But I guess I don稚 see the point in taking a bunch of them later when they likely aren稚 better than beigel or Gilbert right away.

We need a high end guy no doubt about it at pass rusher. But I think we might have some okay depth guys. I知 alright using our mid round picks on depth at spots like WR, TE and OL as well.

Yeah, when I was talking about Landry falling to us, it's at pick 45 not 14. Pick 14 should be Davenport, Ward or Jackson. I'd prefer Davenport, because I think he's the best pass rush option for us in this draft and edge rusher is tougher to find than a quality CB.

I guess I知 not as low on beigel as others and Gilbert showed me at least a little last year. I知 definitely drafting a pass rusher fairly early (unless the draft shakes out really poorly in that regard, which it might). And I知 not opposed to taking one again in like the 4th or something. But I guess I don稚 see the point in taking a bunch of them later when they likely aren稚 better than beigel or Gilbert right away.

We need a high end guy no doubt about it at pass rusher. But I think we might have some okay depth guys. I知 alright using our mid round picks on depth at spots like WR, TE and OL as well.
    I agree, 1 high end edge rusher would be fine with me. I do like Griffin though if he falls to us on day 3,

IF we get Fuller, I think we go WR or Edge Rusher in round 1. I think Landry could be the guy or maybe Sutton or Ridley. I think we could get 2 corners in rounds 3 & 4 that could help out. I do think we go TE in this draft. Who knows maybe Gute goes with Goedert or Andrews early, trade back in round 1 and take Goedert or take Andrews or Gesiki in round 2.

I hate to see Jordy go but it was the right move, Jimmy will help out a lot and Mo brings a strong presence to our d-line!!

Page 26 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast