Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 986
  1. #361
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,938
    So hereís sort of my take between the two of them. Davenport is a great straight line athlete. He has great speed for his size and has good power (he jumped really well, which for big guys is usually a good indicator of leg power). But heís not super bendy and doesnít have the same lateral movements. Even when you compare him to guys like ansah and Floyd (who I think are very different players anyhow), he doesnít have the same lateral and agility scores. So even though heís super fast, he probably isnít a big time speed rusher, since he may not be as good at bending around the edge as some other guys. But Davenport probably has some room to put on some more weight and strength. He also has really good size and length. Length is a good tool to have as a pass rusher. If you have long arms, itís easier to disengage from blocks or to keep the OLís hands off of you a bit longer when rushing.

    Landry is sort of the opposite. Landry is undersized a bit and doesnít have the same long arms. So he may be more likely to get engulfed by blockers. And thereís a fair chance that once heís engaged, itís goign to be tougher for him to get off. But Landry has incredible quickness, agility and bend. So he will likely be an effective speed rusher. But that only works so long. If the OL can sell out upfield, or a rb chips to slow you down, you need counter moves, which Landry will have to develop.

    So I guess at the end of the day, hereís how I see them. Davenport has more boom or bust in him. His floor is probably lower and his ceiling is likely higher. He probably also has more potential as an all around, 3 down guy. He has the size and length to be better against the run, and he probably has the ability to have a more complete pass rush arsenal. But he also is very raw and if he doesnít get stronger in his base and learn a few good pass rush moves, he could bust since he doesnít have one signature trait that he can fall back on. Landry had a signature trait. He has great bend and quickness. So he probably has a floor as a 5 sack a year guy at least. If he develops some good counters, he can be a high end pass rusher. But he may never be a complete player.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,081
    I just can't justify or condone using the 14th pick on the upside of Davenport... I can get a guy like Turay or Armstrong later... when the cost of boom or bust has less risk... I don't see much of a difference between Turay and Davenport.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122,400
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    So hereís sort of my take between the two of them. Davenport is a great straight line athlete. He has great speed for his size and has good power (he jumped really well, which for big guys is usually a good indicator of leg power). But heís not super bendy and doesnít have the same lateral movements. Even when you compare him to guys like ansah and Floyd (who I think are very different players anyhow), he doesnít have the same lateral and agility scores. So even though heís super fast, he probably isnít a big time speed rusher, since he may not be as good at bending around the edge as some other guys. But Davenport probably has some room to put on some more weight and strength. He also has really good size and length. Length is a good tool to have as a pass rusher. If you have long arms, itís easier to disengage from blocks or to keep the OLís hands off of you a bit longer when rushing.

    Landry is sort of the opposite. Landry is undersized a bit and doesnít have the same long arms. So he may be more likely to get engulfed by blockers. And thereís a fair chance that once heís engaged, itís goign to be tougher for him to get off. But Landry has incredible quickness, agility and bend. So he will likely be an effective speed rusher. But that only works so long. If the OL can sell out upfield, or a rb chips to slow you down, you need counter moves, which Landry will have to develop.

    So I guess at the end of the day, hereís how I see them. Davenport has more boom or bust in him. His floor is probably lower and his ceiling is likely higher. He probably also has more potential as an all around, 3 down guy. He has the size and length to be better against the run, and he probably has the ability to have a more complete pass rush arsenal. But he also is very raw and if he doesnít get stronger in his base and learn a few good pass rush moves, he could bust since he doesnít have one signature trait that he can fall back on. Landry had a signature trait. He has great bend and quickness. So he probably has a floor as a 5 sack a year guy at least. If he develops some good counters, he can be a high end pass rusher. But he may never be a complete player.
    This is what I've been thinking but too lazy and not articulate enough to say it lol

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,938
    Interesting note that the packers talked with Derwin James at the combine and allegedly the conversation surrounded James playing nickel corner. With Randall out of the picture, that makes a lot of sense. I could see him being successful in a Woodson style slot role. Heís a good blitzer and can support the run as well, so in a sense it would be a ďbig nickelĒ style defense with him. I donít think James has the ball skills of Woodson (not many people do to be honest) but he can do a lot of the same things.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    780
    probably need to start considering Denzel Ward even more now too


    also think swapping 14 and 45 for 21 and 22 with buffalo makes more sense too seeing as the Bills need a QB to groom and we are prob better off grabbing two 1st round talents at CB and OLB. Hughes Landry perhaps? or Isiah Oliver.
    Last edited by Sdh09e44; 03-11-2018 at 01:45 PM.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,938
    Buffalo is probably more desperate for a qb now. If they are willing to part with 21 and 22 (they also have a couple 2nds as well), I have to think they try to move up higher than 14, espeically with more rumors that maimi may be in the qb fold too.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Buffalo is probably more desperate for a qb now. If they are willing to part with 21 and 22 (they also have a couple 2nds as well), I have to think they try to move up higher than 14, espeically with more rumors that maimi may be in the qb fold too.
    depends tho. I mean, Darnold and Rosen are probably out of reach for them, unless they wanna trade a draft for one of them. So it'd be Allen Lamar Jackson or Mayfield. I think them moving up to 14 is a reasonable range. Allen maybe a few spots higher.

    Then you got our side of it as well, Ward Edmunds Roquan and James are probably the 4 guys we shouldn't pass on at 14. So i guess if Buffalo jumps up ahead of us, that leaves a better chance 1 of those 4 are available anyway.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,394
    Doubt Buffalo gives up 2 first round picks to move up 7 spots. More likely they give up just one of those and a second in that case.

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,938
    To me, thereís 4 qbs in the top tier or so. I donít include Jackson in that, partially because heís a unique talent. You have to tailor an offense to him, so he wont be a fit for a lot of teams. Darnold and Rosen are typically 1 and 2 in some order, but Iíd imagine thereís teams that have mayfield and or Allen over at least one of them.

    So whoís looking for a qb? I think Cleveland still takes one at 1 or 4. Iím not convinced the giants arenít a smokescreen. They could still take one. The broncos and jets are in the market. I donít think all 4 take a qb, and itís possible cousins ends up in Denver or New York. But with the rumors that Miami might be considering a qb, and I wouldnít be shocked if Cincinnati went qb as well, it probably means buffalo will be trying to get up to 10 or so.

    With Taylor they could have waited until 14 in my mind and not be as desperate. With Taylor gone, I think they may be more desperate, which would mean you probably try to get ahead of Miami. I could be wrong on that, and it might still shape up in our favor, especially if cousins signs in Denver or New York and and the giants pass on qb. But I think itís more likely now that buffalo tries to get to the 10 or so range, so a trade back with them may not be in the cards as much as we think.

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,938
    Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    Doubt Buffalo gives up 2 first round picks to move up 7 spots. More likely they give up just one of those and a second in that case.
    Which I would be fine with. The other thought would be they give up 2 first and we throw in our 2nd. But i donít think thereís going to be a very significant difference between whoís available at 14 and whoís available at 21 or 22. I would certainly move down 7 spots to pick up a 2nd rounder though. I think itís a fairly deep draft.

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Which I would be fine with. The other thought would be they give up 2 first and we throw in our 2nd. But i donít think thereís going to be a very significant difference between whoís available at 14 and whoís available at 21 or 22. I would certainly move down 7 spots to pick up a 2nd rounder though. I think itís a fairly deep draft.
    I just don't see the value in them throwing us both of their first rounds. Ya we throw in our second but what does that give them in value? Makes more sense that they give us 2 draft picks and keep one of their firsts. The only way you give up both those 1st round picks is to jump into the top 10.

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,394
    Bills trade up to 12. Theres another qb taken ahead of 14.

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    Doubt Buffalo gives up 2 first round picks to move up 7 spots. More likely they give up just one of those and a second in that case.
    we wouldve given our 2nd rounder. and on the drafttek trade value chart, 21 and 22 is of equal value to 14 and 45

  14. #374
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    we wouldve given our 2nd rounder. and on the drafttek trade value chart, 21 and 22 is of equal value to 14 and 45
    Yes, i get that. But if you were Buffalo that makes entirely no sense to give up 2 first round picks to move up to 14. Despite what the value chart says that would be incredibly a huge steal for the Packers.

    What Buffalo actually did made entirely more sense in moving to 12 using a player and one of their draft choices. And now they will probably use both those picks to move up to the top.

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    780
    good to see the Bengals drop behind us i guess. They are def one of the teams that would've taken Derwin James or Ward.

Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •