Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    I'd take those other two as well but I doubt they are mad they have Zeke either though as well. They all got good players

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Iím not sure where we will land, but Iíve sort of done a 180 on Derwin James. I think he might actually turn out to be a wise pick. He can be a better version of Morgan Burnett who can actually make impact plays. He would also allow us to use jones as more of a quasi linebacker, which is basically the role he played against Cindy, which was by far his best game.
    If he didn't miss basically all of his Sophomore year due to a knee injury, he was talked about as someone who is the next Jalen Ramsey or even better. Kid is a freak. I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up top 10 in post combine mocks tho. Well see

If Barkley falls to us at 14, we should trade back with some mouthwatering team who we can swap 1sts with, pick up their 2nd and maybe even a 3rd. He's awesome but we just don't need the guy right now. If you pick him, you basically waste 2 young pieces on the team in Jones and Williams.

2 or 3 other major needs + 2 promising looking Rbs is a good reason to not draft a potential elite RB in the 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I'd take those other two as well but I doubt they are mad they have Zeke either though as well. They all got good players
    But itís al about positional value. Jordan Howard went in the 5th round of that draft. Howard could reasonably put up stats that resemble zeke. Or at least a poor mans version of zeke. You arenít likely to find a guy in the 5th who can even be a poor mans version of Ramsey.

But itís al about positional value. Jordan Howard went in the 5th round of that draft. Howard could reasonably put up stats that resemble zeke. Or at least a poor mans version of zeke. You arenít likely to find a guy in the 5th who can even be a poor mans version of Ramsey.
    I'm just saying I doubt they're kicking themselves over it. But there's no way I take the running back there, not then or now obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    If he didn't miss basically all of his Sophomore year due to a knee injury, he was talked about as someone who is the next Jalen Ramsey or even better. Kid is a freak. I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up top 10 in post combine mocks tho. Well see
    I haven't watched anything but live football. I was amazed when I first started hearing he could fall to us. I just assumed he was a top 5 pick. He's unreal.

I guess his recent tape is bad but two or three years ago I couldn't stop watching this McFadden from FSU. Incredibly talented but sounds like he just needs the right coaching. I hope we land him.

Been watching some tape on TE, Dallas Goedert and I really like this guy. If he falls to our pick in round 2 or if we end up trading back in the first I could really see this guy fitting in well for us.

Iím not sure where we will land, but Iíve sort of done a 180 on Derwin James. I think he might actually turn out to be a wise pick. He can be a better version of Morgan Burnett who can actually make impact plays. He would also allow us to use jones as more of a quasi linebacker, which is basically the role he played against Cindy, which was by far his best game.
    It is a wonder if he even falls to us. Seen a lot of recent mocks that have him over Fitzpatrick now and some that even have us taking Fitzpatrick.

I am starting to sway myself away from the pass rushers in round 1 too. None of them except Chubb is particularly a standout up at the top.

Depending on how the free agency period flows for us heading into the draft, I would like our draft to kinda look like this...

Pick 14 - Derwin James (DB), Minkah Fitzpatrick (DB), Roquan Smith (LB), Denzel Ward (DB) If none of those guys lands in our area you look for a trade back with the Bills. Now, it is doubtful the Bills are going to give up both first round picks to move up to 14 because there is only 1 team between us and them who are likely to be looking at a quarterback and that is Arizona at 15. But if you can snag either of their first round picks and couple that up with something later it might be worth it if any of the guys I mentioned is off the board.

Now if we then end up with pick 21 or 22, I think it might be worth looking at Leighton Vander Esch (LB) depending on how his combine looks. His stock continues to rise leading up to the combine and I expect it to soar after his athletic prowess gets fully measured.

At pick 45 then id love to see Goedert (TE). He looks like a young Jimmy Graham out there. Great vertical, good hands, 6'5", could really be a beast for us.

Now tough to say what we would possibly get from Buffalo, but if we captured their second round for them to move up we could look into a Christian Kirk (WR), Ronnie Harrison (S), Equanimeous St. Brown (WR). Some mocks ive seen even have Landry and Edmunds falling that far.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    It is a wonder if he even falls to us. Seen a lot of recent mocks that have him over Fitzpatrick now and some that even have us taking Fitzpatrick.

I am starting to sway myself away from the pass rushers in round 1 too. None of them except Chubb is particularly a standout up at the top.

Depending on how the free agency period flows for us heading into the draft, I would like our draft to kinda look like this...

Pick 14 - Derwin James (DB), Minkah Fitzpatrick (DB), Roquan Smith (LB), Denzel Ward (DB) If none of those guys lands in our area you look for a trade back with the Bills. Now, it is doubtful the Bills are going to give up both first round picks to move up to 14 because there is only 1 team between us and them who are likely to be looking at a quarterback and that is Arizona at 15. But if you can snag either of their first round picks and couple that up with something later it might be worth it if any of the guys I mentioned is off the board.

Now if we then end up with pick 21 or 22, I think it might be worth looking at Leighton Vander Esch (LB) depending on how his combine looks. His stock continues to rise leading up to the combine and I expect it to soar after his athletic prowess gets fully measured.

At pick 45 then id love to see Goedert (TE). He looks like a young Jimmy Graham out there. Great vertical, good hands, 6'5", could really be a beast for us.

Now tough to say what we would possibly get from Buffalo, but if we captured their second round for them to move up we could look into a Christian Kirk (WR), Ronnie Harrison (S), Equanimeous St. Brown (WR). Some mocks ive seen even have Landry and Edmunds falling that far.
    The only thing with Vander Esch is a lot of the talk I am seeing is he could be more of an ILB for a 3-4 and if we go Linebacker I'd rather have an Edge rusher.

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    The only thing with Vander Esch is a lot of the talk I am seeing is he could be more of an ILB for a 3-4 and if we go Linebacker I'd rather have an Edge rusher.
    Sure, it would be nice if edge rusher was a more sure thing where we are picking but at 14 or even 21/22 im not sure Pass Rusher is the right choice. Vander Esch sounds more athletic than any one in our entire LB core and his basketball skill set and size will help against the type of TE's that eat us up consistently.

Goedert isn't near the athlete Graham is, he's probably like 2 or 3 tenths slower...I'm from SD myself, so I've been a fan of him (and Jake Wieneke, who is way under the radar, for us I get it, we don't want anyone "slow" so he's not gonna be on the list for anyone but me I guess lol). And he ***** on everyone in the MVC, but he's not super fast. He's a good athlete though, I want to know where his weight is, we've heard a lot of differences around here from the season to where he wants to be, etc etc. I know a guy last year got all upset with me when that D2 TE who was buzzing was supposedly gonna run 4.5 and I said, yeah that's a 4.8 guy. I think he ran very close if not over. Short version, he can be a good TE, but I don't think he's near the freak athlete people think he is and I've seen him as much as anyone, maybe I'll go take another YT look sometime though. He's helped by the fact this TE class isn't that interesting too I would imagine. Which I know you threw up vert, but I just don't think he's combine will compare.

I want St Brown, btw. Kids good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Goedert isn't near the athlete Graham is, he's probably like 2 or 3 tenths slower...I'm from SD myself, so I've been a fan of him (and Jake Wieneke, who is way under the radar, for us I get it, we don't want anyone "slow" so he's not gonna be on the list for anyone but me I guess lol). And he ***** on everyone in the MVC, but he's not super fast. He's a good athlete though, I want to know where his weight is, we've heard a lot of differences around here from the season to where he wants to be, etc etc. I know a guy last year got all upset with me when that D2 TE who was buzzing was supposedly gonna run 4.5 and I said, yeah that's a 4.8 guy. I think he ran very close if not over. Short version, he can be a good TE, but I don't think he's near the freak athlete people think he is and I've seen him as much as anyone, maybe I'll go take another YT look sometime though. He's helped by the fact this TE class isn't that interesting too I would imagine. Which I know you threw up vert, but I just don't think he's combine will compare.

I want St Brown, btw. Kids good.
    Ya i will be interested to see how he tests out. He was in one of the under the radar athletes and so i started watching film and his size and quickness looked really good when doubled together.

Ya i will be interested to see how he tests out. He was in one of the under the radar athletes and so i started watching film and his size and quickness looked really good when doubled together.
    He's been kind of the talk of the town where I usually read/post for a while for whatever reason, maybe just because of where he's from or something. He's intriguing no doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

He's been kind of the talk of the town where I usually read/post for a while for whatever reason, maybe just because of where he's from or something. He's intriguing no doubt.
    Truthfully, I donít love him. Heís big but he doesnít really play big. I saw some reports on him that he doesnít really high point the ball, and after watching some of even his highlights, I can see it. Everyone loves a 6í4Ē wr, but if he doesnít attack the ball at the high point, it doesnít really matter how tall he is. He appears to be a high level athlete, but Iím interested in his agility scores.

Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast